Tottenham Hotspur Official Topic

n/a

606 are going nuts over this as well -
Jol Out It's definitely time for Martin to go. Spurs are playing just like West Ham last season. A bunch of players who think they are something special and have made it - causing an arrogant slow performance against Newcastle last night. This attitude has a lot to do with MJ bigging up the players all the time - Bale "best left back in the world in the years to come" (Bale is good to be fair) - Kaboul "Best Young French Defender" (lazy and arrogant and muscled out by Martins) - Prince-Boateng "Best young player in Germany" (that may be official but we all saw his performance against Famagusta!) Lennon "best right winger in England" (Ronaldo might have something to say about that) - Jenas "Can be as effective for Tottenham as someone like Bergkamp was for Arsenal" (What you mean like Bergkamp was afraid of flying, Jenas is afraid of playing football). In general he even referred to Spurs young players as being as good as Arsenal's. Mmmm, maybe Fabregas, Van Persie, Adebayor and co might argue that they have a bit more impact on the game! I think Martin has lost the dressing room and should be sacked for consistently playing Jenas for the full 90 mins of every match - and resting him against Famagusta like he's one of our big players! Shocking! As my friend said last night, he has never known a player to be hated so much by his own fans. Surely even big MJ can see that?! Steve Bestwick
Bit harsh in sections, but the West Ham part is true, so it seems.I think not sacking Jol, is now just going to keep on dragging us further into shitness, we, the fans dont know whats going on, the players dont know whats going on and the managment dont know whats going on. It works in circles, and until anyone does know whats going on, relegation battle is us.
He right about Jenas, Tianio needs a mention as well

To be honest, Robbo needs one month, if he comes back still with the same form it would have mean he's lost it. Used to be such a great keeper but to be honest this sh*t been happening over a year now lets stop lying to ourselves we lost a good 10 points 'cause of his antics alone.Players that need replacing for us to be taken seriously.Tanio, Zokora, Jenas, Malbranque, Ekotto(guy gets skinned way too easilly)Left winger as well, so we can finally play Bale in his natural position.We need a Defensive midfielder that can PASS and dictate the game.Creative midfielder that has vision and can open up a defense like Elano/fab/Scholes Who plays all the time not just against small teams and has chips in a number goals here and there.New back up right back. Face it, Pascal gets injured, we're f*cked again.

Impossible to think that both will be here in come Jan.Berbatov.. one of the most exciting attackers in Europe who's flair and intelligence earned him instant acclaim amongst the Spurs supporters...OrJol.... two consecutve 5th finishes, Spurs' highest ever prem finshes..1 point from Champions League.I dont want hear crap about Berbatov loving the club..reh teh teh . He will blahtantly leave if Jol stays at the club beyond Jan.Berbatov has been a bit of a prick this season but so has Jol.( i swear Jol has given the exact post match interview every game this season)...nothings changed.IMO JOL HAS TO GO AND BERBA STAY...UR OPINIONS ON WHICH ONE YOU WISH TO REMAIN AT THFC BEYOND JAN.

There is no problem, just the media witch hunt for Spurs continueing.
DO YOU HONESTLY BELEIVE THERE IS NO PROBLEM BETWEEN JOL AND BERBA AFTER MONDAY NIGHT.THE BEST PLAYER IN THE SQUAD BEING ON DA BENCH WHEN WE ARE IN THE BOTTOM THREE AND BEING SUBBED FOR THE PAST 3 OR 4 FOUR GAMES.HAVING TO BE TOLD THREE TIMES TO WARM UP.SHUNNING HIS HANDSHAKE AFTER THE GAME.I HOPE UR RIGHT TANNER.

Like i said many times before, Martin jol should of got replaced after the Everton, he has no respect over big players. Not even saying this is the case with Berbatov but if we try signing another big name player, is he really going to want to play under Jol? We already lost Petrov 'cause of him.

He was carrying a slight knock from international duty.So Bent was chosen in front of him.The warming up bit could be a load of sh*t, because i had family at that game and they didnt notice anything out of the ordinary with Berba.Didnt see the shun of the handshake either, so im taking this all with a pinch of salt, the media just have it out for us this year, and i wouldnt believe everything you read.If its all true though, Berbatov needs to go, although he is one of the greatest players i have ever seen play for my club, we are not some simp arsenal team where one player can become bigger than the club. That is just not on.

Lets put it this way, i am more comfortable with Dawson and Kaboul at the back than i was when we had Gary Doherty and Chris Perry at the back.We have been through a lot worse, just a pity there was expectations put on this season. Blackurn will be the hardest game out of the next 3, Boro away we always tend to do well up there, and Wigan and home is a guarnteed 3 points.Its simple though, we loose against Blackburn, Jol is gone and we face possibly getting dragged into deep, deep sh*t, we win, we will then go on a roll, and be in the top half in no time.Remember we are only 5 points worse off than we were last season, its not major cause for concern yet.

The warming up bit could be a load of sh*t, because i had family at that game and they didnt notice anything out of the ordinary with Berba.Didnt see the shun of the handshake either, so im taking this all with a pinch of salt, the media just have it out for us this year, and i wouldnt believe everything you read.
LOL, were they watching berba instead of the game?

The warming up bit could be a load of sh*t, because i had family at that game and they didnt notice anything out of the ordinary with Berba.Didnt see the shun of the handshake either, so im taking this all with a pinch of salt, the media just have it out for us this year, and i wouldnt believe everything you read.
LOL, were they watching berba instead of the game?
You woulda seen it. What im saying is, please take the story with a pinch of salt. It has been denied today by both Berba and Jol, and in my view is just another ongoing article in this media witch hunt for Spurs so far this season.

Martin Jol can report positive news on Gareth Bale and Ledley King.In-form Gareth was clearly in pain as he limped off after just 20 minutes at Newcastle on Monday but the youngster might only be out for up to 10 days."We've scanned the injury several times and nothing is broken," said Martin at Spurs Lodge on Wednesday afternoon. "There is significant bruising, it is still painful and we'll know more once the bruising has gone down."I feel he will be fine though and will only be out for a week to 10 days."Ledley, meanwhile, looks set to return to full training next week. "He's had no reaction to football drills and hopefully he'll be with us next week. From there, it could take another three to four weeks."Radek Cerny will continue in goal with Paul Robinson out with his calf injury. "Paul is out for Thursday, a big doubt for Blackburn on Sunday but could be back for Blackpool in the Carling Cup next week," added Martin."Young-Pyo Lee is also a doubt with a shoulder problem but he could still be involved."Ricardo Rocha (ankle) and Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee) remain out.Ben Alnwick has been recalled from his loan spell at Luton Town.
Could have been much worse.