Why do you make beats?

L

Obviously we all enjoy it but are you:Trying to make money?Trying to get famous?Trying to draw gal from it?I can honestly say i only make it for personal enjoyment, i don't even send my beats out most time, i jus listen to them myself

for a hobby/personal enjoyment
i think it's good to have some sort of hobby that allows you to better yourself creatively playing playstation for too long makes me feel like i'm going braindead. I don't plan to but if i ever make money from music that will be a bonus.

Obviously we all enjoy it but are you:Trying to make money?Trying to get famous?Trying to draw gal from it?I can honestly say i only make it for personal enjoyment, i don't even send my beats out most time, i jus listen to them myself
wen i was younger i could make a r&b bootleg grime tune (as much as i hate dese typa tunes) nd gyal used to go nuts

When I first started it was for pee And thank God I got to make something out of it.then p*ssy...The older I grew I enjoyed seeing peoples reaction..love listening to the way my ish sounds on radio / in the car. I also like giving others an opportunity to try this music thing.. Its joyful to see some peoples reaction when u bless them with a beat. Some people really cherish it. They might not blow to become big artists, but hearing themselves is more than enough for themThese days I enjoy editing , mixing & mastering more.. I use my beats as a sort of exercise to improve myskills in those departments.. career wise looks like its where am heading. post production e.t.c

Because i thought i had the best ideas for tunes in my head and wanted to use fruity to put them forward.then i realised while listening to hip hop beats, that they int ever gnna be as good as them.so i llowed it. still got fruity though, the nack for making beats went like 1 year ago. leave it to the pros.

• 4 weeks later...

Because music is expression of self via vibrations, and its a way of putting across emotions hence if u make a chilled tune people will be chilled out, make a hype tune people are gonna be hyper etc.I just try to variate on those emotions while producing sounds from scratch.Always loved classical / orchestral music so powerful.Also jazz, spanish gutiar n all else.Mix it up with deep underground hip hop n the beats become fire.

Because i thought i had the best ideas for tunes in my head and wanted to use fruity to put them forward.then i realised while listening to hip hop beats, that they int ever gnna be as good as them.so i llowed it. still got fruity though, the nack for making beats went like 1 year ago. leave it to the pros.
u need to know the program well.Believe it or not there is alot more than most people think there is involved in beat making.Sometimes i spend like half hour just on eq'ing a Snare correctly the way its hit the pitch etc, compressor on it etc.

Believe it or not there is alot more than most people think there is involved in beat making.Sometimes i spend like half hour just on eq'ing a Snare correctly the way its hit the pitch etc, compressor on it etc.
But you don't have to do that.. Normal people don't actually notice..Even big time producers dont do always do it, timbaland's a prime example, he never even cuts/timestretches his samples properly, you can hear like the .1 second off timings if you listen carefully..I was listening to t-pain - say it earlier aswell and the kick on that still has the hi-hat tail from whatever it was cut from.Bottom line its pedants that do that really, and more time its the engineer not the beatmaker anyway.

Believe it or not there is alot more than most people think there is involved in beat making.Sometimes i spend like half hour just on eq'ing a Snare correctly the way its hit the pitch etc, compressor on it etc.
But you don't have to do that.. Normal people don't actually notice..Even big time producers dont do always do it, timbaland's a prime example, he never even cuts/timestretches his samples properly, you can hear like the .1 second off timings if you listen carefully..I was listening to t-pain - say it earlier aswell and the kick on that still has the hi-hat tail from whatever it was cut from.Bottom line its pedants that do that really, and more time its the engineer not the beatmaker anyway.
u think normal people dont notice but they do trus, its jus mor subliminal, they wont really kno y dey like a song so much. y u think the big dogs no how to play wit the actual sonics?neway i make beats because no one was making the style i wanted in this country and i wanted to add to my repotoire

y u think the big dogs no how to play wit the actual sonics?
Thats the point though, Timbaland, arguably the biggest producer for in the past 12 months hardly ever f*cks with his sounds properly.And more time, when it comes to eq, compression, reverb all them effects, its the engineer that does it not the producer/beatmaker