Champions League Tuesday

Mr Q

olympiakos home record is good stillmust think drogba, ballack and alex can handle it

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear down this is a factMascherano>>>>>GerrardWe have one captain and he is a argentinef*ck Carragher aswell he dont do them rallying calls either
biggrin.gif I just dont get it.Does he have to score 30 yard screamers in the 90th minute to prove his worth to the side.What is this based on, an interviewing claining he would die for the cause cos it sure aint from his performances on the pitch.
We play better with out him as if the team has no weight on its shouldersCrouch and Kuyt accomodate him Alonso has to cover him and Babel & Benayoun have to cut in for himIts a known factAlso this sh*t about him being our most improtant player is a MYTH invented by skyReinaMascheranoAggerTorresCarragherGerrardFACT

I swear down this is a factMascherano>>>>>GerrardWe have one captain and he is a argentinef*ck Carragher aswell he dont do them rallying calls either
biggrin.gif I just dont get it.Does he have to score 30 yard screamers in the 90th minute to prove his worth to the side.What is this based on, an interviewing claining he would die for the cause cos it sure aint from his performances on the pitch.
We play better with out him as if the team has no weight on its shouldersCrouch and Kuyt accomodate him Alonso has to cover him and Babel & Benayoun have to cut in for himIts a known factAlso this sh*t about him being our most improtant player is a MYTH invented by skyReinaMascheranoAggerTorresCarragherGerrardFACT
:D Fair Enough.

Avrams a smart guy still.You won't win or lose the tie tonight.Sundays game is much more important than tonights.If he wins Sunday he's cool no matter what happens rest of season and hes immediatly established himself as a winner in the eyes of the media/players.If he f*cked up sunday, then didnt win the CL or FA Cup everyone would be on his back.Let them man rest, bring them in on Sunday and have them at their best.And anyway, I'm sure Alex, Ballack and Drogba are good enough replacements for Terry, Lampard and Anelka.

What I don't like about him is that he has to do everyones jobthe day he stays in his position is the day I will bly himuntil then
Yeh, I agree.His desire to be superman and do everything is sometimes to the detrement of the rest of the team.Which is why i think Rafa was so reluctant to play him centrally in a 4-4-2 for so long.

the thing with gerrard is that if you took im out they wouldnt need to score 30 yard screemers to rescue games in 90th minthey would play a better brand of football a lot more fluid and more players would be invovled with goals like kyut etc...
Ok fair enough if thats the theory for it.I've just never understood it as everyone in world football, fans and proffesionals no he is there best player.
Thats not true.Your mugs on SS say it. Graham Souness and Redknapp.But Andy Gray often says Gerrard is almost doing too much.And Martin Samuel and Gabrielle Marcotti have said/written many times that Gerrard lacks the positional discipline at times.No one is arguing Gerrard isnt a fantastic player, but the fact is in a 4-4-2 in the middle he cant play how he does (or trys to) agaisnt top opposition.

JJ & Lahi are spot on. Gerrard does deliver in big games i will give him that, but to many people are on his nuts. HE ALWAYS TRIES to be superman. its not possible all the time. Everyone says Gerrard won us the champions league, and always overlook what Hamann came on and did!.Anyways different topic for a different time. We have to play how we did in 2005 against Juve to win this match.

Gerrard feels the onus is on him to step up and be the hero because 8 times out of 10 if he doesn't NOTHING happens. Torres has taken some of that burden but the fact remains that we haven't got enough match winners in our team who can produce that moment of brilliance thats needed sometimes.and JJ if Gerrard isn't our best player who would you say is?Lahi you gimme jokes cos I swear 2 months ago you were saying Carragher is the REAL captain but now its f*ck him?I expect it to be a tight game tonight, possibly 1-1.

Gerrard feels the onus is on him to step up and be the hero because 8 times out of 10 if he doesn't NOTHING happens. Torres has taken some of that burden but the fact remains that we haven't got enough match winners in our team who can produce that moment of brilliance thats needed sometimes.and JJ if Gerrard isn't our best player who would you say is?Lahi you gimme jokes cos I swear 2 months ago you were saying Carragher is the REAL captain but now its f*ck him?I expect it to be a tight game tonight, possibly 1-1.
He is the real captain but his comments this week have been loser-esque not something the new players should hear saying we are basically sh*t instead of rallying the troops.Masch did it the right way IMO

He is the real captain but his comments this week have been loser-esque not something the new players should hear saying we are basically sh*t instead of rallying the troops.Masch did it the right way IMO
Carragher said what everyone can see. The squad isn't good enough. Sugar coating it serves no purpose, by putting it out there in the open he's made it known that every player has to step up their game. Do you think if a new manager came in tomorrow that he would keep the squad in its current state because I don't. Any player with the right attitude who was offended by what Carragher said will use it as an incentive to prove him wrong so we'll see how they respond.

I'm not disputing he isnt your best player.He is.But he has his downfalls, and at times it has let you down..I think you will win tonight anyway, cos I reckon Rafa will either go 4-5-1 and Gerrard can play as himself without it effecting the team defensively.

Carragher said what everyone can see. The squad isn't good enough. Sugar coating it serves no purpose, by putting it out there in the open he's made it known that every player has to step up their game. Do you think if a new manager came in tomorrow that he would keep the squad in its current state because I don't. Any player with the right attitude who was offended by what Carragher said will use it as an incentive to prove him wrong so we'll see how they respond.
I sort of agree but in times like this instead of increasing the spot light on the squad he could and should have deflected the pressure of the team by saying 'We need to pull together' or 'Play with pride of the Liverpool shirt' etc. Instead of saying the team is sh*t and are not playing well.Thats just my opinion on things.