The Official Dancehall / Reggae Thread

Numero001

Mavado is a f*ck*ng free man!!!! All charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence. Piss take really 'cause he couldnt get a visa to perform in USA so he's lost out on p. Hopefully he learns from this and watches who he keeps company with, 'cause the badman ting cant really work

Alliance top lieutenant David 'Mavado' Brooks was freed of gun-related charges when he appeared in the Gun Court in downtown, Kingston Thursday morning.He had been answering to charges of shooting with intent and illegal possession of a firearm. Mavado's co-accused Sameer Coombs was also freed.A member of the Alliance told One876Entertainment.com that Jamaica's Director of Public Prosecutions this morning signed a letter stating that the crown is not continuing proceedings against Mavado. The letter was presented to the court and the matter against him dismissed. He has been de-processed and his fingerprint destroyed.According to reports on IRIE FM and RJR News, a nolle prosequi was entered because the main witnesses failed to show.The witnesses are reportedly not available to give evidence in the matter surrounding an incident in June last year where it was alleged that Mavado and Mr. Coombs fired several shots at persons on the road. Mr. Coombs was charged shortly after the incident but Mavado was not charged until March this year.The question on everyone's lips is: will he be granted his US visa or granted a waiver to allow him to perform in the United States? The artiste was sent home from the United States almost five weeks ago when he attempted to enter that country to perform at a show only a few days after he was slapped with gun charges.Mavado had also been charged in relation to ganja possession over 18 months ago during a police raid in Cassava Piece, St. Andrew. The deejay has been banned from a number of Caribbean countries because of the violent content of his lyrics, the last being Guyana a few weeks ago. However, his camp has launched a furious public relations campaign in recent weeks announcing that the deejay had been selected as part of Nike's promotional CD campaign for the Olympics in China, and that Mavado is expected to star in the summer movie, What Goes Around

I'm impatiently waiting for mic man to come bless the thread with whats good out there.
man landed back in UK today fam..didnt really have time for the net, too busy yammin food and bussin dance lol..all the same riddims that are bussin in england are bussin over there... workout is getting some good airplay.Money Changer is still the biggest tune and a special mention to Kartel on the DaybreakerDrum Lane & Bee hive are probably the biggest riddims.Everyone loving that Christopher Martin tune, the remix of that rnb tune.ermm, will update with any info after i get over this mad jet lag

I'm impatiently waiting for mic man to come bless the thread with whats good out there.
man landed back in UK today fam..didnt really have time for the net, too busy yammin food and bussin dance lol..all the same riddims that are bussin in england are bussin over there... workout is getting some good airplay.Money Changer is still the biggest tune and a special mention to Kartel on the DaybreakerDrum Lane & Bee hive are probably the biggest riddims.Everyone loving that Christopher Martin tune, the remix of that rnb tune.ermm, will update with any info after i get over this mad jet lag
Only You by 112 yeah? Bee Hive? It's about time that blew up man. Solid riddim, Stephen needs to make a couple more like that.You reach any UPT sessions? Also, whats this 2am dance lock-off saying? I'm still tryna comprehend that you know

Only You by 112 yeah? Bee Hive? It's about time that blew up man. Solid riddim, Stephen needs to make a couple more like that.You reach any UPT sessions? Also, whats this 2am dance lock-off saying? I'm still tryna comprehend that you know
yeah, that 112 tune.Beehive is killin it still.Didnt really go any tings in Kingston. Went to a couple Bass Odyssey sessions, some Swatch Int session and a few local things.None locked at 2 o clock, i think its only in town where the police are corrupt where they do that foolishness

yeah, that 112 tune.Beehive is killin it still.Didnt really go any tings in Kingston. Went to a couple Bass Odyssey sessions, some Swatch Int session and a few local things.None locked at 2 o clock, i think its only in town where the police are corrupt where they do that foolishness
Pissed, its in Town where I party more time. Them UPT gyal hot ya f*ck. You mean its out of Town where the police are corrupt, them man in town are sticking to the task.Take in any stage shows? What dances were bussin it?

Munga aggo deh deh? Nah f*ck it, thats long. Its gonna be sick but I have work on Monday and them things go on all night. I need to try and get some links so I can blag free tix man. I'm guessing its £35 yeah?
yeh its big £35, and Munga gonna be ther as well.I wanna go cos them man are the future of dancehall

The 3am ting cyaan run for me. This is time when I appreciate the days I used to work weekends.What were the sessions that you went to saying? Name riddims riddims that were getting forwards. And I mean all of 'em. Im gone in 4 weeks so I need to be prepared

Munga aggo deh deh? Nah f*ck it, thats long. Its gonna be sick but I have work on Monday and them things go on all night. I need to try and get some links so I can blag free tix man. I'm guessing its £35 yeah?
yeh its big £35, and Munga gonna be ther as well.I wanna go cos them man are the future of dancehall
Where is this i might have 2 go still.

The 3am ting cyaan run for me. This is time when I appreciate the days I used to work weekends.What were the sessions that you went to saying? Name riddims riddims that were getting forwards. And I mean all of 'em. Im gone in 4 weeks so I need to be prepared
lol, pretty much the riddims you would expect to get forwards..Drum Lane (Bugle Versn esp.)BeeHive (Vado/Lady Saw Versn)Wanted (Vado)Daybreak (Kartel)Unfinished Business (Assassin/ Monsta Empire/ Mavado)90's (Buju)Rub a Dub (Richie Spice)Look Gal (Assassin)Sandfly (Sean Paul, Christopher Martin)Singles:Vado- Dont WorrySerani- Stinkin RichKonshens- WinnerLUST- Just as i AmThats what i think off the top of my headLooks like Workout will be big by the time you fly out as well, and Overcome as well.

You know Overcome is humungous innit?! Tune bad ya f*ck. I thought Stephen had lost it. What about Trailer Loada Money by Vybz Cartel? That tune is big in my bedroom lol.I'm surprised BeeHive took so long to pop off. The Saw cut is big still, Vado piece sell awf from weh day so thats no surprise.Monster's Empire are fully on dis ting. Have to give them ratings for their comeback. 'Sassin's Guide and Protect is big, next person thats fully on it this year. DJ of the year so far. Man just finished the uni ting and took it there. Plane Land is big. Quite a few of my predictions coming to pass which is good, need to keep it up thoughSand Fly is my riddim at the moment. Dancehall changes so quick, last year we had the HH hybrid sounding riddims, but this year is throwback again. You know from Don made Double Joint that its throwback doing it this year.You know what tho, after seeing that list there has been some big tunes this year. I was kinda disappointed but all the riddims you listed plus The Mission, Gully Creepa and couple others make me realise it hasnt actually been bad.Summer 2K8 is gonna be next levels again. Hopefully we find a way around this 2am lock-off ting (praying Shooters Hill dont abide by the law), this will be big. Did you hear about ATI/RTI when you was there? My friend just come back and was telling me when the mandem were asking for her number, they were suggesting they link-up in Negril. Obv, mandem werent chirpsing you but did you hear which one they were talking about more? I think ATI is doing it this year truesay people will most prob be boycotting Red Stripe

Oh yeah, for anyone that wants to know Sizzla's Greatest Hits is f*ck*ng IMMENSE!!! Got it on Saturday and its just vibes throughout. It's the concious vibe Sizzla so dont expect "Mi go step up inna frontline.. pump up har poom poom" or "Ah so big lung gon mi run out pon dem." Tune like Just One Of Those Days, Thank You Mama, Black Woman and Child, Praise Ye Jah etc. Made me really value how powerful an artist he actually is if he concentrated on what he does best.Buy the CD for the exclusive RE:TV (anyone thats been to Jamaica will know bout that channel) and interview by 1Xtra's Robbo Ranx. Havent watched them yet, most prob watch tonight but I'm expecting some good sh*t.Comes out next week I believe.

You know Overcome is humungous innit?! Tune bad ya f*ck. I thought Stephen had lost it. What about Trailer Loada Money by Vybz Cartel? That tune is big in my bedroom lol.I'm surprised BeeHive took so long to pop off. The Saw cut is big still, Vado piece sell awf from weh day so thats no surprise.Monster's Empire are fully on dis ting. Have to give them ratings for their comeback. 'Sassin's Guide and Protect is big, next person thats fully on it this year. DJ of the year so far. Man just finished the uni ting and took it there. Plane Land is big. Quite a few of my predictions coming to pass which is good, need to keep it up thoughSand Fly is my riddim at the moment. Dancehall changes so quick, last year we had the HH hybrid sounding riddims, but this year is throwback again. You know from Don made Double Joint that its throwback doing it this year.You know what tho, after seeing that list there has been some big tunes this year. I was kinda disappointed but all the riddims you listed plus The Mission, Gully Creepa and couple others make me realise it hasnt actually been bad.Summer 2K8 is gonna be next levels again. Hopefully we find a way around this 2am lock-off ting (praying Shooters Hill dont abide by the law), this will be big. Did you hear about ATI/RTI when you was there? My friend just come back and was telling me when the mandem were asking for her number, they were suggesting they link-up in Negril. Obv, mandem werent chirpsing you but did you hear which one they were talking about more? I think ATI is doing it this year truesay people will most prob be boycotting Red Stripe
hahaa,tbh no big stage shows were being advertised while i was out there, was kinda disspointed. I remember back in the day, there used to be stage shows where there wud be 1 or 2 big names on the billing- but it seems like they dont really hold them that often anymore. I went Negril and i didnt see any advert for this ATI ting.All i know is Bass Odyssey have JA on lock.. I drove through nearly every Parish of JA, and there was not one that didnt have BO advertised holding an event.Didnt really hear that Kartel tune getting heavy rotation.

In two mind. Was considering but I'm gonna try catch them man in yard. When is it?Going to the Tarrus Riley, Queen Ifrica, Etana, Luciano and Tony Rebel one for deff tho. Dat aggo mud.
also this event u speak of sound heavy, could u send me a flyer or summin'..