The Official Dancehall / Reggae Thread

Numero001

False alarm, me aggo deh dehDid you listen Robbo's show last night in the past night, mic man? Everyone apart Senitinal was on there. Sammy and Simon/Mighty Crown, Squingy, Trooper, Rodigan, Matterhorn and Panther. Was kinda good still. Bait BBC wouldnt allow much banter but they still snuck it in a bit though
deep, ill listen back when i get home tonight

Oh yeah forgot to say Mavado may have caught a case on gun charge. f*ck*ng pissed if he's guilty. He aint never gonna be able to come back. They looking for any excuse
bruv i know he got arrested at the airport as soon as he land but im going yard in july for 3 weeks gonna be f*ck*ng sick bare stageshow me a go
I'm meant to be touching down them times as well. You reaching SumFest? You should hit Fully Loaded, line-ups always sick
yes bruv might see me doing a couple of dances still got a few pa's still

Dont know where this song came from but I completely missed this. Only heard it couple months ago after I heard Goldfingers jingle. When did it come out? Tune is so big
how u mean blud? its only been out a couple months??
Oh ok, that would make sense then. I heard Goldfinger playing the jingle from outta nowhere for a couple weeks then heard the tune so at the time of hearing the jingle I thought it was a big tune. Then I heard it on some girls iPod from some CD alongside some older tunes (Shoot Out and Atmosphere them) so thought the song slipped under my radar.Thats handy though, I'll use that tune next month. Anyway Busy and Sassin are so under-rated. Churn out hit-after-hit but still dont get the props they deserve. I dont think people realise how versatile Dancehall is 'cause they mainly hear Cartel and 'Vado so they think its just badness.Beenie Man re-found di ting dem though."Naah mek dem set we up...!"

They're gay. Why dont they not book certain artists and let the show go ahead?Big man ting, I dont like how the corporate and authority thing is running in Jamaica now, you know. Them tryna have too much influence in the culture, come like the West. You hear how they keep locking off Hot Mondays and them other parties that finish in the morning?When I was there last year, bare UPT parties would get lock off at around 2-3 and we dont go party before 12, so certain times we would pay a 8bills get few drink and food, party just start get warn and police come and lock it off. More time it was Shooters Hill that we would reach afterwards to fulfil the night. I wouldnt be surprised if they're gonna start locking that off as well.Coz Jamaicas hot, the club ting cant run, plus there arent enough clubs to house all the party-goes. Look like is country/just outside of Kingston people are gonna have to go to party til sun is high in the sky.In other news

Can somebody tell us please what's wrong with Beenie Man. A mean, wah, him nuh have enough problem inna fi him life dan fig uh stir up new one. Imagine him dey pon a show a Bahamas wid di Marley dem and him guh open him mouth as usual him put him foot in deh. Beenie Man seh big up Ky-mani him a mi fren and respect due to Rita but Stephen a p*ssyhole and all Junior Gong and di rest a dem can gwaan bout dem business.Now yuh tell mi, who ask him opinion pon dem, im nuh just work di stage wicked and leave di people dem.A person close to the Marley family came to the side of stage and signal the DJ to end his set.. and dat come een like bad wud to Beenie who just start do "me dun kno the p*ssy dem no like..." Is a wonda dem neva pull di plug pon him performance...but Beenie, do better man. Yuh done have enough trouble widout a borrow new ones.
Boy, I dont know what to say on this one