Lil Wayne ft Static Major- Lollipop

GoldCoast

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mickey Kane
We all know what I said and we all know that majority of the time I am right.Bully is normally right also and we know what he is saying.TF hasnt commented so we dont know his standpoint.So taking the above factors into consideration, I think this will be a big first-week seller. No one else's opinion matters really.Most albums dont sell over 1.8m let alone Hip Hop so thats obvious. Infact, its common sense. Unless your in the upper echelon and considered a pop superstar such as Alicia Keys, Kanye, Mary J on the Black music side, you'll find it hard to surpass 1.5
Very reason why I said he'll do 1.8 max...Now, I dunno, maybe some people didn't get their English GCSE's or something but when I see the word 'millions', I'm assuming someone means double platinum minimum which is hilarious in my eyes. Wayne is not doing that, put the styrofoam cup down.

Guest Smell Of Death

i dont think itll do more than Jay's, Kanye's and 50's did last year as far as opening numbersimma hold back though coz May is a while away, imma see what the second single is saying and then what kinda promo it has in terms of mags, net etcbut imma say for the moment around 200k first week max

New York, NY – Cash Money/Universal Motown Records multi-platinum artist Lil Wayne is once again taking control of the airwaves and breaking records in both with “Lollipop,” the first single from his highly anticipated album Tha Carter III. This is the biggest add week that a hip-hop artist has received at Rhythm Crossover and the biggest any artist has received at Urban Radio including Beyonce and Mariah. “Lollipop,” featuring Static is #1 Most Added and Greatest Gainer at both radio formats receiving a total of 138 adds at Mediabase and R&R.With a listening audience of 25.7 million “Lollipop,” is being well received at key radio stations across the country including: New York (Hot 97), Los Angeles (Power), Seattle (93 KUBE), Miami (99 Jamz), Philadelphia (Power 99), Atlanta (Hot 107) and Detroit (Hot 102). “Lollipop” is also #1 on iTunes Hip-Hop Chart and #4 Overall, and Lil Wayne’s MySpace page received over a million unique views this week giving him the #1 Top Artist profile on the site. The video is currently in heavy rotation at MTV, MTV2, BET's Rap City and MTV Jams, where it appeared as the Jam Of The Week. The “Lollipop” video is also in medium rotation at MTV Hits and on BET’s main playlist. Lil Wayne will also appear on BET's annual Spring Bling and will be only the 2nd artist in the event's history to perform for an entire episode!Since the release of his last CD, the platinum selling Tha Cater II, Lil Wayne has guest appearances on over 70 songs for other artists including Fat Joe’s 2008 Grammy nominated single “Make It Rain,” DJ Khaled’s “We Taking Over,” and Wyclef Jeans’ “Sweetest Girl.” He also released a duet CD with Bryan “Birdman” Williams titled Like Father, Like Son in 2006 which was a critical and commercial success.“Lollipop” provides a sweet taste of what to expect, and proves that Lil Wayne is at the top of the game.

• 2 weeks later...