Barcelona v Manchester United C.L Semi Final

Guest F.O.S

Guest F.O.S

Hoping Fergie will take advantage of Puyols absence and the size of there pitch..----------------------VDS-----------------------Brown-----Ferdinand-----Vidic-----Evra-------------Hargreaves-----Carrick----------------------------Anderson------------------------Ronaldo-------------------------Nani---------------------------Rooney--------------------Let the front 3 run-riot....Please dont start Giggs or ScholesHopefully a couple of away goals...Bring on Tevez in the 70th minute if were in need of goal..Full fit squad aswel apart from that c*nt Saha... Anyone know Barcas predicted line-up?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Medic

----------------------Valdes-----------------------Zambrotta-----Milito-----Marquez-----Abidal----Xavi----------------Toure-------------Iniesta------Messi--------------Eto'o---------------Henry-----im predicting a 1-0 barca win

----------------------Valdes-----------------------Zambrotta-----Milito-----Marquez-----Abidal----Xavi----------------Toure-------------Iniesta------Messi--------------Eto'o---------------Henry-----im predicting a 1-0 barca win
Hargreaves and Carrick, should have these two on lock still.Them 3 have got me kinda prang still. Vidic has to play imo, hopefully he's fit enough

Guest F.O.S

United squad: Heaton, Kuszczak, van der Sar; Brown, Evra, Ferdinand, Neville, Pique, Silvestre, Vidic; Anderson, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs, Hargreaves, Nani, O'Shea, Park, Ronaldo, Scholes; Rooney, Tevez, Welbeck

Guest F.O.S
----------------------Valdes-----------------------Zambrotta-----Milito-----Marquez-----Abidal----Xavi----------------Toure-------------Iniesta------Messi--------------Eto'o---------------Henry-----
Anderson will bully Toure...Henry hasnt been that good this season imo...Messi just back from injury so should be to much of a thread...Eto'o you can never guess with him...hargreaves & carrick >>>>>> iniesta & xavi..Think our pace will be to much for there defence..PLAYING THE SECOND LEG @ HOME

I hope to god we start that side you put up, actually swap scholes and hargreeves.....iniesta and xavi got me worried they are better then our midfielders ineista has almost carried barca to 3rd in the leaguei just want an away goal and nothing stupid to happen

----------------------Valdes-----------------------Zambrotta-----Milito-----Marquez-----Abidal----Xavi----------------Toure-------------Iniesta------Messi--------------Eto'o---------------Henry-----
Anderson will bully Toure...Henry hasnt been that good this season imo...Messi just back from injury so should be to much of a thread...Eto'o you can never guess with him...hargreaves & carrick >>>>>> iniesta & xavi..Think our pace will be to much for there defence..PLAYING THE SECOND LEG @ HOME
Sorry no way.

Xavi has been absolute pie this season, but Iniesta has been best midfielder in la liga so boy...Dont think Brown will be playing, apparently he could onyl lightly jog training this morning.Im shook yet again. Overly shook. Pray we win. At least get one away goal and not get hammered.Messi is still f*cked playing through still kinda injured. Eto'o scored an absolutely disgustng goal the other week, hope he aint gona merk.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

Yes barca do need to stop playing 4-3-3.Rjiikard should have switched up, man shoudl take it to 442 diamond tingIm very worried about Xavi and iniesta, I think they might be too well versed in this type of match against carrick etc..I really hope anderson starts..They are VERY dodgy at the back for this match imomarquez has just been rushed back, barely fit, Abidal is a liability against ronaldo imo & Milito is not the regular CBIMO I would've put silvinho in place of Abidal...But I also hope we start the side you put out ..Vidic wont play though, man has the shits.Which I also heard about Henry, but then it could've just been a media excuse to not play him AT ALL against Espanyol to keep him good for this match.he finds it difficult in La liga, but he will be playing against an english side that play in the way of the prem, thats mans speciality...f*ck I havent seen any team updates today, pissed.We need someone down inestas neck every second he has the ball. Xavi too.I'm hoping anderson can start, the boys got some power for his small size, more so than xavi (obviously)....giggs & scholes on at 80 mins to help secure the lead we will hopefully haveWe are a bit shakey at the back because of Vidic, but they have bigger problems in defense, Looking at our attacking players im confident..anyhow..

This is an extremely difficult tie to call given Barcelona’s indifferent form in recent weeks, goalless draws at home to Getafe and Espanyol respectively dropped the Catalan giants into third place – 9 points off leaders Real Madrid. Combined with a shock exit in the semi-finals of the Copa Del Rey to Valencia, manager Rijkaard is under pressure to deliver against United.Despite not firing on all cylinders domestically, in Europe they have won all five of their home ties this season including a convincing 3-0 win against Lyon.Similarly Manchester United’s domestic form has been very ordinary of late. Draws against Middlesbrough and Blackburn Rovers have given Chelsea a sniff in the title race. This combined with an undeserved victory over Arsenal despite being outplayed for long periods, will give Barcelona confidence.Like their illustrious opponents, United have an impressive record in Europe this season, with 3 wins and 2 draws in their previous 5 matches. In spite of this Ferguson has an abysmal away record in the knockout stages over the past 5 seasons: W2 D1 L5, proving to be tactically inept on a number of occasions despite a continuous spending spree in an attempt to rectify this problem. Comparing this with Barcelona’s fantastic record in the knockout stages over the last 5 seasons: W4 D3 L1, I am siding with Barcelona given their excellent home record in this competition.

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

At the very worst I think we will get an away goal.In their last 21? matches they've conceeded 17 goals (I think that was it)& we are undefeated in our last 10 CL matches..Meh I dunno, I'm nervous.

I'm so exciiiteeeedddVDS,Brown, Rio, Vidic, Evra,Carrick, Scholes, AndersonRonaldo, Tevez, Rooneythats what I'd like to see from UnitedFergie has cost United in the past (dont care what anyone says) being too conservative away from home.This is Uniteds tie to lose, and sitting back and waiting for Barca to 'do their damage' before trya turn it around at OT aint the way IMO.united should go there to win the game tonight, it can be done.4-3-3. get at them, and then at 60 minutes see how the games gone and then make a decision with what you wanna do with in last half hour with man like Nani, Park, Hargreaves on the bench.