Random Transfer Links

TF S4DK

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wavelength
Bendtner will become clinical with timedude is still young
I know what your saying, i personally feel though when it comes to finishing its a natural attribute. its almost an instinct of knowing were the goal is. I know his control and his understanding and decision making will flourish in time but meh i don't really see him getting much better when it comes to putting em away...you either have it or you don't.
henry missed bare chances is 1st year
What is your point?Also, Henry hit 26 goals in his 1st season..

Do you know how many goals Adams cost us when he first came through?How many mistakes he made?How many times he was taken the piss out of by various strikers?At 21 he was ripped apart in one match so badly that a lot of people would have laughed if you told them how good he would become.Senderos can be good enough, his performances in the CL run show that.

Guest Wu-Tang

I highly dubt Bendtner will become clinical, unless its clinically insane.He has done well but he isn't good enough (well actually depends what you define as good enough, is he arsenal standard?)Henry missed bare chances, but he put bare away. (lets not even compare the two anyway)You can tell Bentdner will remain a horrible finisher because of his horrible first touch.Man should just play centre-back.

Do you know how many goals Adams cost us when he first came through?How many mistakes he made?How many times he was taken the piss out of by various strikers?At 21 he was ripped apart in one match so badly that a lot of people would have laughed if you told them how good he would become.Senderos can be good enough, his performances in the CL run show that.
Being good in the champions league and being good in OUR domestic league is too different things mate. The english game is direct, fast paced, and physical. The average english team is going to play with a big man up top who they play the ball up to.. and a nippy striker. Senderos couldn't deal with a physical forward, he had no real pace, agility of a dead man and lacked concentration. In the CL minus the english teams,barcelona and a few others... the rest of europe plays football at a much slower tempo than the english do, their game isn't as physical and isn't as direct, alot more focus is put on the build up, about passing it around being patient, not just lump it up. To be honest this is why english teams do so well in the champions league because there teams aren't used to our style of play...Basically without going on and on..senderos may one day become a capable defender but he'll never be capable of becoming that guy in the english premier league

Ryan I know Senderos is your boy, but allow it please... Senderos is a good player, and could have made it at Arsenal - infact under a different Arsenal he probably would have, but for various reasons it just hasnt happened for him here, two key things happened last season that made it clear it was a wrap for him, the first was Chelsea away and the second more crucially was after the away Champions League game with Liverpool, that inparticular made it obvious to everyone it was time for him to seek a new club, the fact that from what I'm aware he's not really playing at Milan makes me unsure that if they dont want him that we should take him back because its very apparent to me he is a confidence player and I think the hope was for him to go out and get games in a new environment and let him decide what he wants to do thereafter. Whatever happens, well bar injuries, IMO he should become a very good defender over the next three years, however where he plays his football will be of major importance.The major part why you cant compare Adams to Senderos is Adams as a man appears to be way more driven, he's a leader, he took his knocks, use them to motivate him and bounced back straight from them. Senderos on the other hand show so much promise but has just slowly declined since the Champions League run and after injuring himself at the World Cup that summer and worryingly never even looked like he remotely cared! Arsenal fans are some of the most patient fans if you show some promise and Adams always did this. Senderos on the other hand from he got raped by Drogba the first time and the question marks started to get raised he has never looked 100% assured or bothered and Cashley's book kinda deaded him and he never even did PR work to fix it. Its pointless saying he needs a run of games, if he's not earning that right, while he gets us knocked out of cups season after season...Adams major errors mainly came for playing for England not Arsenal, and the media kinda used it to get at him, we all know how that goes... They invent the donkey/eeyore and fully ran with it after he scored a OG against Man United, convientently forgotting that he also scored our goal in that draw, and the donkey thing wasn't really to takeaway from his ability more about his look and clumsyness, and the fact he could do something so brillant yet so dumb in a short space of time, the media dont attribute brillance to Senderos they just think he's not good enough, nobody said that about Adams.

Arsenal £1m move for Man City centre-backWENGER'S DUNNE DEALExclusive by David HarrisonARSENAL are weighing up a shock cut-price £1million deal for Manchester City's defensive skipper Richard Dunne.The Republic of Ireland international will be available for that knockdown figure under a FIFA regulation that allows him to buy out the remaining year of his contract.MNewcastle are also interested in signing Dunne but the lure of Champions League football and a £45,000-a-week contract offer from the Gunners could tempt him.Ideally Arsene Wenger would like Dunne's partner Micah Richards but he would not be able to compete with Manchester United, Chelsea or even Tottenham in the race for the £20m-rated England star.But Dunne, who has fallen out with the City hierarchy over his backing for boss Sven Goran Eriksson, represents a value-for-money alternative for Wenger, who is seeking to bolster his faulty central defence.
Arsene Wenger sets sights on Stuttgart striker Mario GomezEXCLUSIVEBy Steve Stammers 11/05/2008Arsenal are set to make a £10million swoop for Stuttgart striker Mario Gomez.Gomez - born in Germany to a Spanish father and German mother - is seen as one of the rising stars in the Bundesliga and has scored 38 goals in 87 games for his club.Although he could be selected by Spain, Gomez opted to play for the country of his birth and has already been capped nine times, scoring on six occasions.At 22, he is the perfect age for recruitment by Arsenal manager Wenger, who prefers to mould players into his way of playing rather than spend big on top players who can be set in his ways.Advertisement"We don't buy superstars," Wenger said earlier this season. "We make them."Gomez certainly has potential and would be the perfect addition to the Gunners' current strike force of Robin van Persie, Emmanuel Adebayor and Nicklas Bendtner.And, with Adebayor demanding a contract review this summer, Gomez could emerge as an exciting replacement for the team's leading marksman.Wenger is also anxious to bolster his defence and has his sights set on Valencia central defender Raul Albiol, who would cost about £7m.The Spaniard has excelled for Valencia in what has been a difficult season for the club and he was checked out last week.Cardiff's exciting 17-year-old Aaron Ramsey is also on the Arsenal boss's wish-list.Wenger admitted ahead of his side's final Premier League game at Sunderland this afternoon that he has a number of targets and he is confident deals will be done before the end of the month.He said: "I know the players I want and I am confident I can get them."
Arsene Wenger to snap up defender Vincent KompanyArsene Wenger is set to reignite his interest in Hamburg's £15million-rated defender Vincent Kompany.The Belgian centre-back had been on the radar of the Arsenal boss prior to his move to the Bundesliga for £5.1million two years ago.Now Wenger believes the 22-year-old star, rated one of the best young defenders in Europe, is ready for the Premier League.Kompany has Champions League experience having played against some of the top teams in Europe during his days at Anderlecht.AdvertisementHe sparked the interest of Chelsea during the reign of Jose Mourinho after impressing against the Blues. But after moving to Hamburg Kompany rejected a move because he didn't want to follow the examples of a string of top players whom he believed had moved to Stamford Bridge only to see their careers stall.Kompany said then: "Chelsea came in for me but I refused although I could have earned double what I had at Anderlecht. I would rather never go to Chelsea than go at a bad moment."Arsenal were were joined by AC Milan in the race to sign goal keeper Heurelho Gomes, who is set to quit Dutch club, PSV Eindhoven in the summer.
lol not gonna get none