Slang bafflements

Davicious X

"Its alot, its alot" WTFWhats wrong with you lot? Whats alot? Do you like it? Is it good? Say so then.I heard a girl say "Its alot" some time ago and since then have heard it from so many people including an uncle of mine who I had to laugh at.Am I really the only one that thinks "Its alot, its alot" is really stupid?People have just moved it into their vocab, I just cant do it, it makes you sound like the English equivalant of an American redneckDo you use this line or any other that is obviously not meant to be used in the sentence or context with which you mean it?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have heard worse
AlieGandalf,I'd more rant about the over use of certain slang words/phrases or the fact that some of these youts find it impossible to talk without the use slang thats sad tbhA few months ago I interviewed this 21 year old for a job, don't think she wasn't saying 'ya get me' or 'still' every so often & the killer 'tru say' this & that. I swear she HAD NO clue that it was inappropriate lol

Have heard worse
AlieGandalf,I'd more rant about the over use of certain slang words/phrases or the fact that some of these youts find it impossible to talk without the use slang thats sad tbhA few months ago I interviewed this 21 year old for a job, don't think she wasn't saying 'ya get me' or 'still' every so often & the killer 'tru say' this & that. I swear she HAD NO clue that it was inappropriate lol
peeps on road need to learn how to turn off the 'slang' switch when in formal situations....so what position was you interviewing the girl for?

my friend always says "oh skeen"when we go out he will ask someone for the time they will reply and he will say "oh skeen" i tell him everytime that you cant be chatting to people like that but he just dont listengets on my nerves