Prem League week 4/CL week 1 + Europe Official Discussion

Admin.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought that Spurs would have signed a top draw CB to replace King in these type of games.The way Dawson got skinned by Young was shocking!In Spurs defence though, they have had difficult opening fixtures (Boro, Chelsea, and Villa are tough teams), but they still should be doing better considering the amount they have spent.

few things in tomorrows papers PATRICE EVRA is a major doubt for Manchester United’s Champions League opener after being rushed to hospital.The left-back fell ill on the coach back to Manchester following Saturday’s defeat at Liverpool.The Frenchman, who had come off worst in a clash of heads during the game, was diagnosed with concussion. ------------------------But Ronaldo, who has been training with Flamengo back in his homeland, says he has received a firm offer from Mark Hughes’ men — and will be joining them in January.He said: “It is the best offer I’ve received and it will be very interesting to play with Robinho.“Me and him together — we can score more than 50 goals and I like the project that City have presented me.“They want to make the club one of the best in the world — and I certainly feel that I can help.” -----------------------Former Dutch striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has announced his retirement.Hasselbaink's agent, Humphrey Nijman, said the 36-year-old player considered several offers after Cardiff City didn't renew his contract.'He had offers to play in the Middle East, which he didn't want to do," Nijman says. "It's his ambition to become a coach.'----------------------- *Hull City boss Phil Brown has angrily blasted Newcastle's Danny Guthrie after it emerged that his horror tackle at St James' Park left Craig Fagan with a broken leg.Guthrie was red carded after running several yards to scythe Fagan down in stoppage time during Hull's 2-1 win.Fagan left the ground on crutches and was diagnosed with a broken right tibia today following X-rays by the club's medical staff.The winger is facing up to three months on the sidelines and a long battle to regain his fitness.The incident has left Brown fuming and he said: 'It cannot be tolerated, it needs to be kicked out of the game.'When you see that the end product is him putting a fellow pro in a cast, it's just not right.

But Ronaldo, who has been training with Flamengo back in his homeland, says he has received a firm offer from Mark Hughes' men — and will be joining them in January.He said: "It is the best offer I've received and it will be very interesting to play with Robinho."Me and him together — we can score more than 50 goals and I like the project that City have presented me."They want to make the club one of the best in the world — and I certainly feel that I can help."
Manchester City have rejected reports that they intend to sign the former Brazil forward Ronaldo in January. While the club's executive chairman Garry Cook did meet the player and club officials carried out medical checks on a knee ligament injury Ronaldo sustained in February, the club confirmed they will not be completing a deal."We had shown a past interest in bringing the player to the football club in the right circumstances and spoke to him and his representatives," admitted a club spokesperson. "However, we have chosen not to pursue the matter."While some City fans might be disappointed at the news, many will be relieved. Recent photographs of the former World Cup winner indicate he is way over his "fighting" weight and unlikely to challenge Robinho or Jo for a first-team place. Ronaldo had been quoted as saying: "I like the project that Manchester City have presented me. They want to make the club one of the best in the world and I feel that I can help. It is the best offer I've received and it will be very interesting to play with Robinho. Me and him, together, we can score more than 50 goals."City's takeover by the Abu Dhabi-based United Group for Development and Investment is due to be completed this week but it will be January before they can make any further meaningful additions to Hughes' squad.