Sign in to follow this  
pyrouk

hiphop Sway - The Signature LP thread

Albums serious believe..........interview coming * 1. Fit 4 A King * 2. Say It Twice * 3. Saturday Night Hustle - Sway & Lemar * 4. Silver And Gold - Sway & Akon * 5. F UR X - Sway & Stush * 6. Jason Waste * 7. Look After My Girl - Sway & Darren B * 8. Pray 4 Kaya * 9. Walk Away * 10. Upload * 11. Stereo * 12. Letters To Heaven - Sway & Leo * 13. End Of The Road - Sway & Coco * 14. Special Place

The lack of buzz is worrying.and whats up with him having a track with Akon, called Silver & Gold, when t-Pain has a song called that and T-Pain doing a Saturday Night Love style hook with Birdman & Boss Ross.

rate he marketing doe saw an advert for snh , wonder how much he paid for that, how come this aint coming out on kano label ?

Bought the first album. probally buy this tooI enjoyed Sways mixtapes, his word play is normally witty and good, i banged out this is Promo vol.2 as much as i banged out Marshal Mathers LPThis album should be good considering unlike last time i wont have heard half the songs on therecant imagine the production improving much from hearing tracks like that "F ur X"who knows maybe he has, if hes on "Konvict", does anyone know what producers hes got?also you dont like Sway do you TF?

I like Sway as a rapper, especially when he doesnt take himself too serious - thats his lane.He's not signed to Konvict, he just got their co-sign.

Seen what does that mean then? Is he still getting paper from them or is this a independant release like beforeAlso whose got the freestyle he did over Tpains go Hard? its quite sick

He indie.I very much doubt there is any paper involved, but at the same time I doubt he paid for the Akon feature, which is worth p still, basically with any co-sign its what you make of it yourself that counts.

he officialy signed now international deal, officially from last week..........this album indie in uk tho (all city) but major distribution..............he got good advertising, hes all over london underground. He's building a buzz from shows man he been everywhere doing like 2 shows a day rammed venuesThe production is nice in my opinion the worst beat is probably f ur x to be honest....Silver and Gold is the only track i havnt heard on the album

he officialy signed now international deal, officially from last week..........this album indie in uk tho (all city) but major distribution....
How can you have a international deal, but be indie in the UK? Thats not international darg.

International deal as in in US, around the world thing, this album isnt included in that deal in UK to my knowledge though...............sway wouldnt sign a sh*t deal tho this deal been goin back and forward for time

lol @ TF Looks like there someone who got my knowledge than you, you scared ?International deal You can m swear M.I.A Is indie here and got distribution from interscope

lol @ TF Looks like there someone who got my knowledge than you, you scared ?International deal You can m swear M.I.A Is indie here and got distribution from interscope
Correct

M.I.A is signed to XL, which is a UK indie, her album is then sub-contracted/leased to the USA via Interscope for distribution. In Europe it probably goes thru smaller companies too. Same way Dizzee went thru Matador (for his first & maybe second album) and Definitive Jux (for the third album) in the US. Thats not a international deal...Konvict is a imprint, which has set up deals with various homes for its artists (Interscope, Jive, SRC, Universal, Geffen) basically like Dipset is/was (Koch, Def Jam, Babygrande), in order for Sway to be signed internationally he has to have a international distributor, or his deal is the same as S.A.S's was, basically nothing until your boss takes you to a home, and if he gonna be like Cam he gonna want 40% of your advance to do that and if Sway like S.A.S then he gonna do the smart thing and say no.Estelle has a international deal, as she is signed to Atlantic Records (international as they have offices all over the world) via John Legend's Home School imprint and she is his only artist and Atlantic is the imprints only home.

M.I.A is signed to XL, which is a UK indie, her album is then sub-contracted/leased to the USA via Interscope for distribution. In Europe it probably goes thru smaller companies too. Same way Dizzee went thru Matador (for his first & maybe second album) and Definitive Jux (for the third album) in the US. Thats not a international deal...Konvict is a imprint, which has set up deals with various homes for its artists (Interscope, Jive, SRC, Universal, Geffen) basically like Dipset is/was (Koch, Def Jam, Babygrande), in order for Sway to be signed internationally he has to have a international distributor, or his deal is the same as S.A.S's was, basically nothing until your boss takes you to a home, and if he gonna be like Cam he gonna want 40% of your advance to do that and if Sway like S.A.S then he gonna do the smart thing and say no.Estelle has a international deal, as she is signed to Atlantic Records (international as they have offices all over the world) via John Legend's Home School imprint and she is his only artist and Atlantic is the imprints only home.
i'm new on this site but man you're knowledgeable about the music industry... shame you're a arsenal fan tho

i'm new on this site but man you're knowledgeable about the music industry... shame you're a arsenal fan tho
LOL at the arsenal comment

Yeah. Supposedly he's got an internatinal deal through Konvict, not here

SMH.Swear some people dont grasp...With who distributing?Konvict doesnt distro, its a imprint that last time I checked didnt have a fixed home... Akon is SRC/Universal, T-Pain is Jive/Zomba, Kardinal Offishall is Geffen with Akon as the co-sign/executive producer.

SMH.Swear some people dont grasp...With who distributing?Konvict doesnt distro, its a imprint that last time I checked didnt have a fixed home... Akon is SRC/Universal, T-Pain is Jive/Zomba, Kardinal Offishall is Geffen with Akon as the co-sign/executive producer.
Yeah I know what your saying, I dont know who its through but Konvict did what Dipset didntYou know you dont have to tell ME what Konvict do