ViP2 Amateur Football Thread

Flojo

My game used to be based on the classic number 10

No work rate-team work just wait to be given the ball and split defences

Now it's based on dribbling/vision/pressing

I have decided to start dribbling with either foot which will make me a problem

I don't care what level you play at if you can ran at defenders with pace/have skills in your locker =A major problem

You & I need to play each other, LOVE playing against this type of player.

:lol:

If you want to get dragged into areas defenders hate going into

I think if this ever happen your coach should play you as a DM unless he don't mind you being sent off or being hauled off early

You don't want me playing DM against you. LOL.

Lol. Over the years my position has changed drastically.

When I was younger I used to play on the wing. Then I got lazy and annoyed at the amount of running I had to do when I didnt have the ball, So I moved into CM... These times I would have to do the exact same amount of running back and forward, but I was more likely to get bumped and crowded in the middle of the park. Laziness touched me again so I moved forward to just behind the Striker. That way I can still utilise my best asset (Passing and Vision) but I didnt have to run back too far LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I miss playing football weekly though. Havent played 11a side since I was about 18/19 and was in Uni. I stuck to only 5s/7s so I can embarass people in the cages.

If i had to compare myself to anyone it would be Zlatan. Tall but graceful with the footwork. Having long legs helps trick a lot of people. I can show them more of the ball, but take it away just as effectivley.

What sort of players do you lot like playing WITH?

With my uni team, was playing in a midfield trio. I was box to box, alongside this Spanish guy. 27. Deep-lying playmaker. His 1st touch, spatial awareness, composure. NEXT LEVELS. With this Portugese #10 in front of us. So much tekk. 1st season playing alongside each other aswell, the football at times >>>>>>>

When playing in defence, I need my partner to be the no nonsense type. I think if I come off the pitch with my socks & shorts dirty, I haven't defended well, LOL. Still think I'm more of a 'co-pilot', don't think I'm ready to lead a backline for at least another season.

One of our CM's was the first player i've played alongside to give me that realisation of what proffesionals REALLY mean when they are questioned on that one player in their team that the ball just sticks to. First touch is just nuts every time, so composed on the ball aswell and his left foot is lethal. guys like our iniesta, just instant control and he already knows his next move. Love playing alongside him because he will always pick out that pass i like into the space behind the opposition fullback and the quick one twos between us are sick

/

slapping guys with that homer simpsons duelling glove yeah mike

slapindaface_9383.png

Started off as a striker because I was tall and fast and the other 3rd key thing at youth level

Had growing knee problems so didnt play for 3 years, came back with extra weight, no pace, and disgraceful stamina as I couldnt run for like 3 years so got pushed to right back were I just became some any Phil Bardsley, missed on on key years of development, first touch was sh*t, dribbling was sh*t, only thing I really practised in my time out was passing.

Dont even play for teams no more realized im just not good enough but when I am at goals now I try do the edgar davids run around destroying people or if im in a gassed mood try play the dm role and spray balls

Porchy on a level. Its unlikely a real agent with decent connects can do anything for you as a non league player. Your 1st contract will probs be a 1 year deal and the money won't be great. So There's no scope for an agent to make any money off you and therefore you will be very low on their priority list. agents will only be interested and actually useful if you can generate the kinda buzz that means a Few clubs are interested in taking you straight to the championship/prem. You're better off approaching clubs directly and going to open training/trials. And don't entertain any agents who ask you to pay to be represented by them straight off the bat

Yeah the coach said he needs about 18 new players

I think he was impressed what I had to say

Basically I told him Euro/pound signs don't motivate me I am coming there to enjoy/work hard/express myself

My summer is sorted the Euros(train twice a day) and pre-season in July

PUP

You sorted out a place for pre-season?

sick stuff, congrats..

What formation they play? 4-5-1

U play winger / AM right? could be tailor made for you if those clowns play to your strengths and play to feet and not lump it and expect u to chase

Gona start looking properly soon, wanna see who's doing open trials etc

Yeah 4-5-1 I don't think there is a coach in the football league who plays 4-3-3

It can't be any worse than how they were playing under Cotteril

Both wings

/

Southend had open trials and I think they have more in July

Dagenham and Redbridge are looking for CB's plus their budget has been slashed by half