Sign in to follow this  
Alejandro Sosa

University question

Mods don't move this to the academic thread right now plz, ill be lucky to get an answer in there...anyway i have just started A2 and if I want to go to uni in 2009 i have to make my uni application now. but if i take a gap year and go in 2010, do i have to make my application now with deferred entry, or can i just apply next year to go the following year?thanks

Go uni in 2010, im goin in 2010. We can go together :)Lol i'm jokin. I dnt kno the answer 2 your question tho, sorry.

You can do both im sure. But id advise the deferred entry option.
whats the benefit of doing this?
i would assume its to gurantee the place/course u want.
Basically.Phone the Uni up though and ask just to make sure

i still dont kno if i wanna go uni...i need to decide within the next month though..jeez.
I didnt decide until couple days after my results came. But I dont advise doing what I did at all! What you looking to do in uni?

You can do both im sure. But id advise the deferred entry option.
whats the benefit of doing this?
i would assume its to gurantee the place/course u want.
with deferred entry to go in 2010, will they process it now or in 2009 with the majority of applications to go in 2010?

Both,May as well apply now... You have nothing to lose.
i dont have a lot of great things to write in my personal statement, which i've been told is as/more important than your grades, thats the main reason i think applying next year would be better for me.i don't see a disadvantage in applying next year to be honest. are there any>?

i still dont kno if i wanna go uni...i need to decide within the next month though..jeez.
I didnt decide until couple days after my results came. But I dont advise doing what I did at all! What you looking to do in uni?
this is the thing.. i don't know.. i chose this course to help guide me sorta thing and now they're saying i have to apply already.Currently doing digital media.I wanna make music for games or some sorta multimedia or website design....but i dont kno sh*t about webdesign. It's all downhill from here.

If you did well in your AS then apply now and guarantee your place. If you did sh*t, don't apply till next year.Doesn't hurt to apply now anyway... You can always apply again next year if you don't get in and it gives you two chances.

Do it now, if it flops you can try again next year or at least know ur options..Do it next year and flop and you're f*cked

Guest M12 Part 2
i dont want to apply to a uni i like , get rejected then apply again the next year.
would u rather apply once next year get rejected and then be able to do nothing?

i dont want to apply to a uni i like , get rejected then apply again the next year.
would u rather apply once next year get rejected and then be able to do nothing?
innit. wot kind of logic is that.
:lol:

Certain uni's (Oxbridge in particular) are weary of those who re-apply though. There are those types that aren't keen on people who re-sit.

Guest M12 Part 2

somehow i dont think this yout is going to oxbridge. maybe its just me though

Certain uni's (Oxbridge in particular) are weary of those who re-apply though. There are those types that aren't keen on people who re-sit.
s'what i'm saying plus if i apply next year they wont see if i've retaken any modules 'cause it will just have my final grades. unless they can see AS results too and it's bait?

Yeah they see all modules now. Pisstake really. They even find out whether you scored 100% in a module. (Unless that's always been the case)