iPhone

Mr. Gayle

Guest Swiftie
IPhone OS 4.0 event announced for April 8

A mere two days after the release of the iPad, Apple has already announced a preview of the upcoming iPhone OS 4.0 which will be shown at an event on April 8th at 10AM PT. While details of the OS are non-existent right now, previous reports have hinted at an Exposé-like implementation of true multitasking, despite Apple's consistent public dismissal of true multitasking on a mobile device. One of the biggest complaints about the iPad is its lack of multitasking and Flash, so there is a possibility Apple is holding this event soon after the iPad launch to encourage early adoption.

Previous x.0 updates have been no small deal, with OS 2.0 bringing the App Store and OS 3.0 adding a lot of much-needed features, specifically Copy and Paste. One thing that's for certain is Apple will definitely need to show something big in order to keep the iPhone competitive. With growing competition from Android-based smartphones and the upcoming Windows Phone 7 platform, the consumer has a lot of choice.

So looks like it may be with us sooner than it's anticipated, hopefully.

Is there a way of messaging blackberry users on their pin?

or is my guy who said it, talking sh*t?

talking sh*t.

If the bb had whatsapp msg using that app would go into the same place that the pin msgs go though, thats the only thing I can think he might have meant.

I've tried jailbreaking my iPhone on 3.13 with redsn0w, & that all works OK, except I'm left with no signal, when it's been jailbroken.

Before jailbreaking, my signal was fine, & it becomes fine again after I do a restore in iTunes. Am I doing something wrong here?

Guest Swiftie

I've tried jailbreaking my iPhone on 3.13 with redsn0w, & that all works OK, except I'm left with no signal, when it's been jailbroken.

Before jailbreaking, my signal was fine, & it becomes fine again after I do a restore in iTunes. Am I doing something wrong here?

Are you using an official Network sim? As jailbreaking doesn't necessarily mean unlocking if your not. When you do a restore in iTunes are you restoring back to a previous firmware such as 3.1.2 or the same one 3.1.3?

Guest Malcolm Tucker

So two main features are gonna be good quality versions of what we have to bodge thru jalibreaking....

Backgrounding/Multitasking & Folders,

im hoping for iChat tbh.... kill off BBM truley....

Guest Malcolm Tucker

the new folders setting looks nice and slick....

can have more than one exchange server for mail aswell :) multiple emailing pushing....

Guest Malcolm Tucker

Wow at the Xbox live thing.

Thats one of the main features in Windows Mobile 7 i was interested in

????

Theres a new apple game zone, which acts as a 'xbox live' type social network for gamers.

Apple's taking aim at the Xbox integration coming to Windows Phone 7 with its new Game Center. This new service will allow online play on your iPhone, complete with leaderboards and achievements.

Basically, this service will take control of online game play from app makers. Rather than pairing you up with someone to play with in each game, you'll go to the game center, pick which game you want to play, and it'll set you up with someone to play with.

There will also be unified leaderboards and achievements, which as we know are a great way to get people nice and addicted to their games. It should be launching "later this year," so it's not clear if it'll launch this summer with the rest of iPhone 4.0.

• Upvote 1

Guest Swiftie

So this multi tasking malarky will be from 3GS + whatever they decide to bring in June.

Yet they have nicked the majority of the ideas from the JB community. Whoopppeeeee