iPhone

Mr. Gayle

can't get the 32gb anywhere, have to wait till monday.

looks like the new antenna frame is fail, lol how can they can fix it.

So WAIT! You know the ting is sh*t yet you're still going to get it anyways?

I had similar problems with the 3g, calls dropping out.

Its a problem to do with how much pressure is applied, it's not the biggest problem tbh.

A phone that has problems maintaining calls isn't a big problem?

____>>>>>>>>>>>Apple>>>>>>>>>______

Even when they fail they win.

its not the biggest problem because there are always issue when new implemented systems, and the ppl I know that have it haven't had a problem yet

but you obviously having the chip on your shoulder with apple for whatever reason would jump for joy at a issue like this,

acting like if it weren't a significant defect ppl wuldn't be queuing outside apple stores asking refunds or fixes.

but whatever we get it you don't like apple,

1. Putting an antenna in a phone so it can maintain a signal isn't implementing a new system, it's the most basic requirement.

2. the only reason they put out these half cooked products is because people like you will accept it and buy them anyway which means they keep doing it.

3. How is the CEO of the company gonna tell people to basically not hold the phone in their left hand after spending £500 on it, got a cheek.

1.putting an antenna into the frame of the phone is a new system.

2. ppl like me?? don't chat sh*t, I am not an apple fan boy! I've owned 2 apple products my whole life, an ipod nano 1st gen and iphone 3g. I don't own a macbook nor am i looking to cop.

I will be getting the 4, simply because it is sick piece of technology.

3. It was tongue and cheek pal, don't read too much into it.

Guest Triple XXX
Apple has released official advice for iPhone 4 owners to overcome the problem of the device losing signal when held by the lower left corner.

Steve Jobs responded to a query about the problem from one owner by saying: "Just avoid holding it in that way."

The official advice is to "avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band".

Alternatively, said Apple, customers could buy a case to shield the antenna.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8761240.stm

/

any have any idea as to when new stock will come in?

My mate has one and is left handed, says signal only goes down when you really grip it. Wanna see it for myself when I see him, can't see it being as bad as internet is making out though...

Still it's a mad floor.

Tesco mobile is the way to go for me. 12 month contract, big upfront fee but small monthly one. Not enough minutes though.

My GF gonna move to Tesco mobile too, need to find out if I can get unlimited Tesco to Tesco calls out of 'em.

My mate has one and is left handed, says signal only goes down when you really grip it. Wanna see it for myself when I see him, can't see it being as bad as internet is making out though...

Still it's a mad floor.

Tesco mobile is the way to go for me. 12 month contract, big upfront fee but small monthly one. Not enough minutes though.

My GF gonna move to Tesco mobile too, need to find out if I can get unlimited Tesco to Tesco calls out of 'em.

careful with the monthly data usuage on tesco.

If you go over, they apparently start charging you some insane £4.20 per MB rate.

Guest El Padrino

For all the people on the new iPhone 4 and the 3GS.

Looks like the Spirit coder has come to the rescue with a JB which will then enable an unlock..

http://twitpic.com/20bnv0

/

If you used redsn0w on your 3G and are having internet/mms issues even though you have the right settings. Make sure you're using the latest redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-5 which can be found here -> http://is.gd/cYogT

Guest Wheres Barry

>>>>>> iOS4 on the 3G

sh*t is SWAG.... bare f*ck ups.... now my phone is acting like ive got headphones plugged in ALL THE TIME...

f*ck*ng piece of sh*t.

I assume they're too busy playing and admiring their new toy to give it a nice lil' rundown.. cnt really trust normal "net" reviews.

seriously, (think) I want this phone.

What ya wanna know.

Tbh it's not much greater than the 3GS.

Only reason I really got it was 'coz I had a cracked screen, sold that phone for £150, upgraded for £180.

Screen's f*ck*ng beautiful, only real difference tbh.

Guest El Padrino

>>>>>> iOS4 on the 3G

sh*t is SWAG.... bare f*ck ups.... now my phone is acting like ive got headphones plugged in ALL THE TIME...

f*ck*ng piece of sh*t.

U sure that's a SW issue as I remember swappin my fone some time earlier this year cause of the same issue. But it was hard ware. So far I aint had any issues on a 3G with iOS4 even with all the multitasking/wallpaper

/

I reserved judgement on the iPhone4 cause I was expecting f*ck ups.. So I'm still holdin out for now.. All simply cause I won't upgrade, just buy out right.

Guest Wheres Barry

turned out to be some fluff in the headphone bit :lol:

/

apples idea of backgrounding is sooooo swag, they just add every recently used app to the switcher...

just installed Remove Recents from cydia tho, should sort that out...

None of the apps have really been maximised for OS4 yet anyway. And some of them don't work at all (Sky Player)

/

I have an email in my iPhone inbox dated 01/01/2001 which is empty. No Sender, No Subject.... I can't delete it, it isn't in my googlemail inbox when i check there, it remains unread as I cannot open it.

How do I get rid of it?