Obama

PopT

Blacks weren't the only group who were discriminated against in America.Mexicans face worse discrimination than blacks these days anyway.
kk thats fair .. but im learning my struggle before i learn anyone elses these ENGLISH Schools dont really wanna teach me there scared they mite look bad
TURN THIS sh*t UP AND GET ANGRY

Blacks weren't the only group who were discriminated against in America.Mexicans face worse discrimination than blacks these days anyway.
kk thats fair .. but im learning my struggle before i learn anyone elses these ENGLISH Schools dont really wanna teach me there scared they mite look bad
That is just ignorant really.How is your struggle different to anyone else's here?The problem is class not skin colour and until you get that through your thick head and challenge it, you wont get anywhere.
fam my struggle is diffrernt i want to know what my ancestors went through which makes today so hard for black but not to be rude its different cause ur white its much more then skin colour sunny jimu may wanna know what king henrey the 8th went through or them guys

Just like blacks were not the only slaves in history and just like blacks were not the only victims of prejudice, discrimination and violence.This is my point. Nothing can compare unless you are black! Wish certain black people would lose the chip off their shoulder.Look at the topic starter..he goes "we deserve the world the way we were treated"How was you treated mate?Shall I base my life upon my ancestors treatment? Oh, that's right, I'm white so no one in my timeline had it hard!Please.
As much as it pains me.I have to cosign this entire post.Bang on point with every point.
i aient asking u but cause of are treament many whites today still hold as back and do not look at us as equall

Do you have an essay to do on this or are you just curious? lol
just curious i like politics, im tryna find out why black people have failed, what difference a black PM or presidant will make, and how will black people get on the right track.. and the attachment obama has with black people y they dont feel its a conspiracy
How do you mean? Like the reason why they seem at a disadvantage?That one's obvious i guess innit, slave trade - that would be the reason in the US anyway because when the slave's were free'd they still werent properly free - they were allowed to leave the masters but they were supposed to be given a mule and 1 ache of land so they could farm and make business and they werent and i swear up until not too long ago a black person in the US counted as a fitfh of a man or somethin silly like that..so thats the reason why they seem at a disadvantage there because when they were free'd they had to build up with nothing and were put into area's in the bottom of ditches (thats the reason why so many blacks died in hurricane katrina because the richer white people lived up on the higher land and the blacks where kicked to lower ground when they were free'd and set up shop there) so theyve always been at a disadvantage from that in the USIn the UK their only at a disadvantage because obviously England is a white county and immigrants have only started properly coming into the country in the last 30-40 years (ask an old white person if they had any black people in their school or living in their road and the majority will not of) so they need a chance to start up aswell obviously because you cant go immigrate into a big economic country and star high up, you need to work your way up so the ethnics are doin that and shouldnt seem as much at a disadvantage when we're old men/womenPlus obviously racism doenst helpBut yeah, thats my take on why i think anyway
but joel that fair but for the uk part asian people seemed to have done well why could black people have not
Yeah, thats always got me aswell but if you think about it the majority of the well payed, middle class asians are doctors and stuff like that arent they and some of these asian countries have good health service's (and education systems) so the asians already have a well learned trade when they came to this country so that sets them at an advantage plus some of the asian areas are thriving aswell arent they so theres alot more wealthy people in them countries without them needing to immigrate
The very thing I've been trying to tell people on here, especially in Bed Bully topic the other time

just curious i like politics, im tryna find out why black people have failed, what difference a black PM or presidant will make, and how will black people get on the right track.. and the attachment obama has with black people y they dont feel its a conspiracy
Black people will get on the right track when they stop focusing on skin colour.(most) White people have given up on race and it has really benefited. If black people stop holding themselves back by focusing on black achievements all the time, they will find life a lot easier and top position more feasible to obtain.That is equality my friend.You are equal. Black people can achieve. They just have to stop seeing themselves as a colour and realise they are human and have the same chance as the next man next to them.
there is not equality in england my friend, there is abit too much institutionalized racism to say there is equality
How could there possibly be equality when people are just too god damn proud of their heritage, skin colour and culture..See what I mean?
WTF i am god dam proud of my heritage, skin colour and culture.... and im sure ever other black person on here is
And that is the problem. You are too proud.English people are not allowed to be proud because it may offend other cultures, races etc.If we have to give up ours in order to cater for others and in the name of equality, then why can't other races do the same?There is no compromise and that's why you feel like you do right now.
You cant play victim then cuss people in a worse position than you. You think carnival once a year (something which was only a small festival that gained interest) and the pathetic post-slavery Black History Month serves up anything? What have you really had to give up?

Oh and on topic, even if he doesnt do anything literally for black people in way of education and/or economically (Bill Clinton did so I cant see why he wont), it will give hope to many more than he can actually help, and that is invaluable
Like Chris Rock said you can actually tell your kids you can be anything you want now and mean it!

Black people will get on the right track when they stop focusing on skin colour.(most) White people have given up on race and it has really benefited. If black people stop holding themselves back by focusing on black achievements all the time, they will find life a lot easier and top position more feasible to obtain.That is equality my friend.You are equal. Black people can achieve. They just have to stop seeing themselves as a colour and realise they are human and have the same chance as the next man next to them.
there is not equality in england my friend, there is abit too much institutionalized racism to say there is equality
How could there possibly be equality when people are just too god damn proud of their heritage, skin colour and culture..See what I mean?
WTF i am god dam proud of my heritage, skin colour and culture.... and im sure ever other black person on here is
And that is the problem. You are too proud.English people are not allowed to be proud because it may offend other cultures, races etc.If we have to give up ours in order to cater for others and in the name of equality, then why can't other races do the same?There is no compromise and that's why you feel like you do right now.
You cant play victim then cuss people in a worse position than you. You think carnival once a year (something which was only a small festival that gained interest) and the pathetic post-slavery Black History Month serves up anything? What have you really had to give up?
never lernt black history nor did my school really teach about it in that month

I need to learn not to bother with heads like ashman
Seriously. I know it's sometimes frustrating to let so much undiluted drivel go unaddressed, but it's literally like talking to a brick wall.
I just cant bite my tongue!...even when i know its pointless.TBH...its all in my sig.
The trouble with the world is the foolish are so cocksure

How do you mean? Like the reason why they seem at a disadvantage?That one's obvious i guess innit, slave trade - that would be the reason in the US anyway because when the slave's were free'd they still werent properly free - they were allowed to leave the masters but they were supposed to be given a mule and 1 ache of land so they could farm and make business and they werent and i swear up until not too long ago a black person in the US counted as a fitfh of a man or somethin silly like that..so thats the reason why they seem at a disadvantage there because when they were free'd they had to build up with nothing and were put into area's in the bottom of ditches (thats the reason why so many blacks died in hurricane katrina because the richer white people lived up on the higher land and the blacks where kicked to lower ground when they were free'd and set up shop there) so theyve always been at a disadvantage from that in the USIn the UK their only at a disadvantage because obviously England is a white county and immigrants have only started properly coming into the country in the last 30-40 years (ask an old white person if they had any black people in their school or living in their road and the majority will not of) so they need a chance to start up aswell obviously because you cant go immigrate into a big economic country and star high up, you need to work your way up so the ethnics are doin that and shouldnt seem as much at a disadvantage when we're old men/womenPlus obviously racism doenst helpBut yeah, thats my take on why i think anyway
but joel that fair but for the uk part asian people seemed to have done well why could black people have not
Yeah, thats always got me aswell but if you think about it the majority of the well payed, middle class asians are doctors and stuff like that arent they and some of these asian countries have good health service's (and education systems) so the asians already have a well learned trade when they came to this country so that sets them at an advantage plus some of the asian areas are thriving aswell arent they so theres alot more wealthy people in them countries without them needing to immigrate
The very thing I've been trying to tell people on here, especially in Bed Bully topic the other time
That comment is like swiss cheese.Some points are valid such as Asian countries generally having well developed education systems but....The first generation of Asians were working class (mainly) just like Black, Chinese and whateveer folks that came here. Worked for peanuts, earned enough to put a deposit down on a business or worked a subsistent wage and learned a trade at the same time.I think you will find that no significant percentage of Asians came to this country as middle class. It is within Asian culture to promote education and learning and thus why 1 or 2 generations later you see a lot of Asian doctors, accountants etc... nearly ALL Asian parents plan for their kids to go to university and have that in mind for them as soon as they are born.Asians generally had plans on how to succeed and prosper in this country, such as the inter cooperation between Asian groups.Generally Asians played the game well, nothing has been handed on a plate and had no significant advantage over other ethnic groups that also immigrated here.

That is just ignorant really.How is your struggle different to anyone else's here?The problem is class not skin colour and until you get that through your thick head and challenge it, you wont get anywhere.
fam my struggle is diffrernt i want to know what my ancestors went through which makes today so hard for black but not to be rude its different cause ur white its much more then skin colour sunny jimu may wanna know what king henrey the 8th went through or them guys
Some d*ckhead comment. You heard of the IRA? That was about white Catholics being oppressed, worse than any oppression you have seen.

That comment is like swiss cheese.Some points are valid such as Asian countries generally having well developed education systems but....The first generation of Asians were working class (mainly) just like Black, Chinese and whateveer folks that came here. Worked for peanuts, earned enough to put a deposit down on a business or worked a subsistent wage and learned a trade at the same time.I think you will find that no significant percentage of Asians came to this country as middle class. It is within Asian culture to promote education and learning and thus why 1 or 2 generations later you see a lot of Asian doctors, accountants etc... nearly ALL Asian parents plan for their kids to go to university and have that in mind for them as soon as they are born.Asians generally had plans on how to succeed and prosper in this country, such as the inter cooperation between Asian groups.Generally Asians played the game well, nothing has been handed on a plate and had no significant advantage over other ethnic groups that also immigrated here.
Not to sound racist, but I've noticed from these sorts of topics that a few black people on here are just full of excuses, rather thann accepting any points people like yourself just made.

When in the voting booth I just pray some of the people (especially whites) dont change their mind about voting for a black man. This has happened before. Also i hope the african americans dont get complaisant and actually get off their asses and go out and vote. This is a once in a life time opportunity for them they should make good use of it.It is tipped that if/when obama wins nearly 1million people will gather in Illinois to hear his victory speech, now that should be a sight to behold.

*inaudible*
True but you've had the benefits mentioned by Joel C. I cant differentiate and tell you if nuff of the working class have made it up to middle, well-paid jobs, but I know nuff came over wealthy/educated.

LOL are people actually have a competition to see who has been oppressed the most?
But it's black people who play this game.
Of course.
Its not even that, its a case of people always want to question how comes black's arent like Asians. Opression had its part to play, so its a valid arguement.And it isnt competing, its a discussion

LOL are people actually have a competition to see who has been oppressed the most?
Of course.
It's not even that, it's a case of people always want to question how comes black's arent like Asians. Opression had its part to play, so it's a valid arguement.
But every single group has been oppressed when they first arrive. The Asians, the Jews, the Irish Catholics have all "succeeded", whereas black people haven't to the same extent. To be honest it doesn't bother me, I'm not accusing black people of "slacking" or some bullshit like that, but using oppression as an excuse as if to say it didn't happen to everybody else just doesn't wash.

Of course.
It's not even that, it's a case of people always want to question how comes black's arent like Asians. Opression had its part to play, so it's a valid arguement.
But every single group has been oppressed when they first arrive. The Asians, the Jews, the Irish Catholics have all "succeeded", whereas black people haven't to the same extent. To be honest it doesn't bother me, I'm not accusing black people of "slacking" or some bullshit like that, but using oppression as an excuse as if to say it didn't happen to everybody else just doesn't wash.
Bully for you :Y: