Rich Kid, Poor Kid - Channel 4 - Thu 13 Nov 9pm

2deal2

BMC's right, I aint defending them at all either, sh*t mum to be honest though I do take my hat off to his sister doing the jobs his MUM should be doing. But regarding speech. Whether or not he was bought up shitty he could still have a speech delay, I go to a parents group where there are a few kids undergoing speech therapy and these are organic yogurt eating, sandal wearing mums with quite a bit of money in their back pocket who almost dedicate their LIFE to their children. My oldest son is almost 2 and a half and has only just talking in way which is recognisable. Some people would say that's pretty late!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it wasn't that.and what it did do was show the rich girl that there is another side.and if you analyse it closely she was brought up on fear by her parents (her mother).she never knew any better and her parent never let her know there was any point.i think the mixed race girl although extreme in her circumstances did well articulating just want it means to live 'on the wrong side of the tracks'plus more importantly she showed alot of people that living on benefits is a choice that EVERYONE wants forever.sometimes situations take over and you have no choice.i really hope in the end of it that the rich girl breaks away from her mum and makes her own decisions regarding her views on the the working class or the under class as they're commonly know.

it wasn't that.and what it did do was show the rich girl that there is another side.and if you analyse it closely she was brought up on fear by her parents (her mother).she never knew any better and her parent never let her know there was any point.i think the mixed race girl although extreme in her circumstances did well articulating just want it means to live 'on the wrong side of the tracks'plus more importantly she showed alot of people that living on benefits is a choice that not EVERYONE wants forever.sometimes situations take over and you have no choice.i really hope in the end of it that the rich girl breaks away from her mum and makes her own decisions regarding her views on the the working class or the under class as they're commonly know.
co sign i liked the mix race girlshe never showed no malice or bad intent toward the rich girl

it wasn't that.and what it did do was show the rich girl that there is another side.and if you analyse it closely she was brought up on fear by her parents (her mother).she never knew any better and her parent never let her know there was any point.i think the mixed race girl although extreme in her circumstances did well articulating just want it means to live 'on the wrong side of the tracks'plus more importantly she showed alot of people that living on benefits is a choice that not EVERYONE wants forever.sometimes situations take over and you have no choice.i really hope in the end of it that the rich girl breaks away from her mum and makes her own decisions regarding her views on the the working class or the under class as they're commonly know.
co sign i liked the mix race girlshe never showed no malice or bad intent toward the rich girl
I agree.I also had no problem with her when the interviewer was asking her the questions she didn't like. I wouldn't be suprised if the documentary maker had some minor setbacks doing the show because he probably wasn't expecting that she could articulate herself. He was asking really obvious leading questions in that scene. No wonder she got upset.My old school was a bit like the the show setup. There were 'rich' girls and 'poor' girls but everyone ended up mixing by year 11.Also this show made me cackle in way I haven't done in ages. The way the poor girl just silenced the rich girl and the look she gave when they first met :lol: