R.I.P. Dancehall

Agony

about bloody time thats all bashment from about 2004 onwards has been about.. it nis nasty! murder rape gunz when you look back to the 80's and 90's they would sing/ mc about relevant sh*t!i never once heard ninja beres taurus or EVEN beenie talkin about "FORCING IT UP INNA HER" in the words of adonia and/or vybz cartel...it will be good to bring bashment down a peg or too to something you can be proud of. When i was younger you could play bashment at family BBQ's not anymore....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

001 must be pulling his dreads out as i type
and prepairing a long thesis on the matter :lol:
Lol @ ravin and not hearing bashment. Dry like weetabix with no milk.
mavado_feat01.jpg
It begins.
Lol @ ravin and not hearing bashment. Dry like weetabix with no milk.
mavado_feat01.jpg
So when you used to hold raves Goddaz, i know Bashment got the biggest responses from the ravers alie?
Dont mind him; he's just tryna draw me out. He loves to follabacka and the tracing. He's made 3 posts all tryna get my attention like some little groupie ting
Mic Man, dreadlock rasta said without bashment in a rave its dry? Like hip hop don't buss it up, like funky house don't buss it up, grime don't buss it, slow jamz don't buss it. In other words you could hold a rave (and I have) without any bashment in it & it will be a sick dance. If your c/signing what he said then lets leave it there, lolNow 001, :lol: your a english bwoy, allow the 'follabacka' talk. Anyway, you know your chatting sh*t. I've replied to many other vip users posts, your just one of many. If you think or want to make more of it then have a good time. Its nothing to me brah
Mic Man, fair enough if he was talking about raves in JA or raves where people want more of bashment than any other music. Man just made some sweeping general statement, I was like wtf?Still, good luck with your rave. Allow the yutes for real, they'll f*ck up your whole sh*t over some dumbness.
Youve made 6 posts in this thread, 5 of them - see above - are to do with me or my posts. SNM. Besides, you lost from you said HH busses up a dance. We living in 05 when dudes were screaming G-g-g-g-unot?@ Anelka, at one point Jamaica had more churches per sq. mile than anywhere else in the world. Could still be the case. They are a very religious country. In addition to Christianity you have Rasafarianism. Not only do they bun out homosexuality, in the same breath they bun out sodomy - no one ever takes notice of that bit tho. All dancehall fan knows "From yuh nah f*ck batty two hand inna di air. From yuh nar bow push 2 hand inna di air".Homosexuality is illegal in Jamaica as it is in many other countries:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_b...ry_or_territoryThey dont literally kill gays; I've seen gay dudes walking in Half Way Tree (Kingston's Oxford Street) gay as venom.. I mean Graham Norton and no one even looked on them. They burn out dutty livity (lifestyle) in a metaphorical sense, not literal. And Shebada - the guy whose party it was if its the same pics - is a big celebrity in Jamaica, big time batty man with bare comedies and theyre are popular. Once again they dont tell you that.@ 2Tasty, cant compare to 80s; times change, people change. The worst thing that happened to dancehall is HH. I agree with what you are saying tho

about bloody time thats all bashment from about 2004 onwards has been about.. it nis nasty! murder rape gunz when you look back to the 80's and 90's they would sing/ mc about relevant sh*t!i never once heard ninja beres taurus or EVEN beenie talkin about "FORCING IT UP INNA HER" in the words of adonia and/or vybz cartel...it will be good to bring bashment down a peg or too to something you can be proud of. When i was younger you could play bashment at family BBQ's not anymore....
Myabe when you were younger you didnt fully understand what was being said due to the lyrics being more suttle and not in your face. Every1 in here who is slating bashment yet they still listen to it. ????

comparing beres hammond with kartelis like comparing will smith with 50 cent tbh

BTW, when you hypocrites were singing Wayne Marshall G-Spot, did you know what you were singing? How about Jodeci Freakin U? R. Kelly Bump and Grind?Now that you are older and understand what these songs mean you think its wrong for kids to sing but as a yute it was nothing. Your elders most prob wouldnt have liked you hearing them said songs above. Granted they were a bit less crass, but they only play radio edit on, yes the radio.

FromThese

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">To THISI hope it diesand rots in hell

Myabe when you were younger you didnt fully understand what was being said due to the lyrics being more suttle and not in your face. Every1 in here who is slating bashment yet they still listen to it. ????
if i didnt understand it then, i defo understand it now... i mainly listen to 80's 90's dancehall even the EARLY 2000 stuff like orgasm riddim etc...! and a selected few of the recent stuff. so i know what is going on, what was and is said but i just cannot take it now adays.... it seems like now ppl dance without really listening to what they are dancing to/condoning.... I cant listen/dance to that cause i refuse to support artist talkin bout how they sould 'spit inna gyal face' or how a man 'want off yuh gud hole' i mean seriously......they aint got nothing POSITIVE to talk about??THE WORSE THING ABOUT IT IS THE MC/SINGER/ PPL WHO MAKE THE RIDDIMS/ THE DANCERS ARE SO TALENTED IT IS JUST WASTED ON MINDLESS VERSES.... THEY FOUND A CONTROVERSAL PITCH AND IT WORKS SO THEY STICK TO IT PPL LISTEN TO THE AGRESSIVE STUFF CAUSE THEY THINK THEY LOOK HARD JAMMIN TO IT....MATTERHORN ONCE SAID "MAKE A SONG FOR THE LADIES AND IT WILL SELL OFF, ANYTHING THAT GETS THE LADIES MOVING MEK DE MAN DEM MOVE" BEENIE MAN LEARN THAT FORMAT AGES THAT IS WHY HIS sh*t VERY RARELY STINKS...

comparing beres hammond with kartelis like comparing will smith with 50 cent tbh
THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT, TAKE WILL SMITH AND 50 ( I WOULD HAVE COMPARED IT TO WILL SMITH AND PAPOOSE/LIL KIM/ REMY MA TBH BUT THATS JUST ME)U CAN MAKE SALES THAT PPL CAN ENJOY WITHOUT THE DEGRADATION.

FromThese
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">To THISI hope it diesand rots in hell
I SEE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING BUT IN ALL HONESTLY THEY ARE 3 DIFFERENT GENRES THE FIRST TWO ARE REVIVAL ( BIG ALL THE SAME GOT THE ON LP DOWNSTAIRS). 3RD IS REGGAE AND THE LAST VIDEO IS VARIOUS (THE FIRST SONG ON THAT CLIP ISN'T TO BAD JUST THE PPL DANCING TO IT HAVE NO COMPOSURE).

FromThese
I SEE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING BUT IN ALL HONESTLY THEY ARE 3 DIFFERENT GENRES THE FIRST TWO ARE REVIVAL ( BIG ALL THE SAME GOT THE ON LP DOWNSTAIRS). 3RD IS REGGAE AND THE LAST VIDEO IS VARIOUS (THE FIRST SONG ON THAT CLIP ISN'T TO BAD JUST THE PPL DANCING TO IT HAVE NO COMPOSURE).I know they are three different genre's but without those genres there would be no dancehall.

@ SNOOP I DO AGREE WITH YOU, IT IS A BY PRODUCT OF THE PREVIOUS HOW IN THE HELL IT GOT TO THAT IS BEYOND ME FUN DANCEHALL DIED WITH TOK AND ELEPHANT MAN...IS BEING PHASED BACK IN BY MATTERHORN AND MR VEGAS (WHO HAS RETIRED )BUT OVER SHADOWED BY SLACKNESS
That's true manthat's why I don't associate myself with that type of music,because it makes Jamaicans look like some violent,sex crazed monkeys when that isn't the case.

Exactly snoop, that has become the representation of Jamaica got all these ppl who dont know anything about jamaica ( nanny, the maroons, the struggle, armed forces, windrush need i go on?) i saying that ppl in jamaica are exactly as portrayed as in the youtube videos. guess ppl dont want to know the truth about jamaica cause it is not as exciting. It is a sorry situation i LOVE my music and i am glad for the new law as long as it doesn't stiffle creativity... no one says you cant talk about all the popular topics of today just that they mustn't be explicit artist need to appreciate that they are role models.ppl spend a LARGE portion of there life listening to music, the message has got to b positive.....

FromThese
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Owwwwwwwwwww whole riddim was hard tbhExtra owwwwwwwwwwwwSuper owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

FromThese
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Owwwwwwwwwww whole riddim was hard tbhExtra owwwwwwwwwwwwSuper owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww* goes to youtube converter*

IS BEING PHASED BACK IN BY MATTERHORN AND MR VEGAS (WHO HAS RETIRED )
Matterhorn yeah?Vegas yeah?Also, Vegas aint retired, he still bringing out tunes-- retirement was some hype
If you understood my point you wouldn't have posted those two videos, what i was saying was that the whole dancehall scene is in disarray right now, but those to artist are trying to appeal to the 'fun' side of dancehall, instead of the 'dark' gutter sounding riddims.and in terms of vegas, in october he announced his retirement however his album was produced before the announcement hence the new songs, any way vegas said he hasn't STRICTLY retired, he just doesn't like the direction dancehall is going in and he is involved in seperate projects..... distant from the dancehall scene. See below for references.http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20081015/ent/ent1.htmlOn a side not try and be a bit more objective would it have hurt for you to put up two additional DIFFERENT videos to even out your argument.... you didn't so i will do it for you... if the video doesnt show ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMvlJOiuZsY )i MUST ADMIT I COULD NOT FIND A SINGLE CLEAN SONG FROM TONY MATTERHORN,,,,, v. disappointed wid dat but i guess it is just a sign of the times