WONKY - THE EASTER MONDAY SUPER RAVE

SeleCTa

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt plan on going to be fair, but was on radio, promoter who i know very well was kinda on my case to turn up...geeneus rang me said the guy also rang him pleading to show, so we went to do a half hour slot.got there, there was about 50-70 kids all dacing away with lucozades in there hands... i aint seen that since i was 14 raving at jungle raves lolfootloose was given the same time as us, double booked so we let him go on instead. didnt even do a set, was there for like 20mins..highlight for those 20 was seeing the kids all line up in a line to do the migrain skank... f*ck*ng funny as f*ck.. i was like wow!!!!the power of the funky skanks is alot!!!!event was good for the kids.. keeps erm of the road and ting. sh*t music though lol

they will be on locking this event as 2people got stabbed at liquid when he was there last thurs
which liquid?

So the promoter knows that wonky isn't the right name but done it anyway???Is it Hotsteppa???
I think the reason behind this rave name is similar to (foolish) black people tryna reclaim the word nigga
:lol: Yh it was Hotsteppas rave. I avoid his stuff like the common cold. ALWAYS foolishness.

He's poo though tbh, went to one of his raves, never again.Sick for duppying uk wonky though, man should make more wonky raves.
for someone thats seems to dislike funky u seem to spend an awful lot of time talking about it if u dont like it why come into threads and waste ur time writing about it seriously live ur life (no cliche)

He's poo though tbh, went to one of his raves, never again.Sick for duppying uk wonky though, man should make more wonky raves.
for someone thats seems to dislike funky u seem to spend an awful lot of time talking about it if u dont like it why come into threads and waste ur time writing about it seriously live ur life (no cliche)
You voided your "live your life" statement by caring what I wrote.If you actually meant "live your life" then you would have skimmed through what I wrote and pressed the option to get out of here.You cared, that's all that mattered.I get this wonky music all the time on my facebook and people message me by text or on facebook and go on live chat and tell me to listen touk funky that they made, even though I state on my status "I do not like wonky" and I put links to electro house or funky house on my facebook yet they still ask about f*ck*ng uk funky :!:

You voided your "live your life" statement by caring what I wrote.If you actually meant "live your life" then you would have skimmed through what I wrote and pressed the option to get out of here.You cared, that's all that mattered.I get this wonky music all the time on my facebook and people message me by text or on facebook and go on live chat and tell me to listen touk funky that they made, even though I state on my status "I do not like wonky" and I put links to electro house or funky house on my facebook yet they still ask about f*ck*ng uk funky :!:
i invalidated nothing- - i never said that i dont care that everytime i click on view new posts or go to the house and garage room there is a post from u chattin sh*t bout a music genre that you dont like. I never said i dont care beacuse i do care coz its getting annoying - if you dont like suttin live it alone - since u learned this phrase wonky uve been banging it - calm down.

i invalidated nothing- - i never said that i dont care that everytime i click on view new posts or go to the house and garage room there is a post from u chattin sh*t bout a music genre that you dont like. I never said i dont care beacuse i do care coz its getting annoying - if you dont like suttin live it alone - since u learned this phrase wonky uve been banging it - calm down.
hahaha innitsince that tippa thread hes been bang on squeezin this word into every thread he posts in

Lol okayif thats the case then would you say these two were 'wonky'?:http://www.divshare.com/download/7134914-59fandhttp://www.divshare.com/download/7134928-ab7dont need to download, just stream...
The first song I have liked for ages, what's the name of it so I can cop it??? Actually sounds like tribal tbh (probably is wonky but it actually sounds good, it is still sick).If that is wonky, then that's good wonky, but it doesn't sound wonky.When I say wonky, I mean them bait tunes, where it sounds like everything else, that's all I hear from Uk Funky.The second one sounds ok, but to mellow for a rave and sounds wonky (some road dude made it on the hype of the term funky). That's my impression.I'll standardly have the american stuff playing on the way back from a rave, but I would not want to hear sh*t like devil in a blue dress, head shoulders knees etc, and them bait rebore garage/grime tunes that are slowed to between 119-126bpm, that's never the case.Like that hard house banton, that sirens tune is sh*t and pulse x remix etc etc.Basically, I could have been sheep and liked something that is sh*t, but decided I liked music that sounds better in a club.Back to the point, I like/have liked/want the first one on vinyl.

Okay, fair enough, i was gonna see if you could even distinguish a 'wonky' tune as uk funky but yeah to the most of it you cant, but anyway, the first one is south african kwaito music, dj mujava - township funk, not a uk production or anything but you still thought it couldve been wonkyThe second one is dj ma1 & simi simi - give it up (special k ill pm you in the morning with it), if im not mistaken ive heard the circle play this who claim to not play 'wonky' but youve just classed the tune as wonkyFor how often your throwin about the term it goes to show that you cant distinguish what wonky is nor can you properly discribe it

Okay, fair enough, i was gonna see if you could even distinguish a 'wonky' tune as uk funky but yeah, the first one is south african kwaito music, dj mujava - township funk, not a uk production or anything but you still thought it couldve been wonkyThe second one is dj ma1 & simi simi - give it up (special k ill pm you in the morning with it), if im not mistaken ive heard the circle play this who claim to not play 'wonky' but youve just classed the tune as wonkyFor how often your throwin about the term it goes to show that you cant distinguish what wonky is nor can you properly discribe it
bruv i wanted the first one not the second one - ive already got give it up but rah that first one sounded like funky on a reals - shitttEDIT-JUST DOWNLOADED IT FROM HIS MYSPACE TUNES SICK