THE FRENCH MONTANA TOPIC

Creamy

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Ur the one that needs to read the thread along with a couple other man on here

We was never arguing about who was better

You said he was yhe best out in 2012 and asked who is better right now drake? French?

And I said both...what the f*ck is nas doing right now?? Can't say he's the best in 2012

Smh must think I don't actually like nas lol of course he's a sick rapper stillmatics one of my favorite albums...but u wanna try come in here and diss French saying his tapes are sh*t

Ya mad???

• Upvote 1

Ur the one that needs to read the thread along with a couple other man on here

We was never arguing about who was better

You said he was yhe best out in 2012 and asked who is better right now drake? French?

And I said both...what the f*ck is nas doing right now?? Can't say he's the best in 2012

Smh must think I don't actually like nas lol of course he's a sick rapper stillmatics one of my favorite albums...but u wanna try come in here and diss French saying his tapes are sh*t

Ya mad???

What is French doing to be considered better than Nas in 2012?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is why I dislike HH fans.

f*ck*ng neeky.

So u man aren't hh fans?

I am but I don't like the type of fans that are described in this article...

Yesterday one of my colleagues here at XXL suggested that I think backpack rap is boring because backpack rappers tend to complain a lot. In actuality,I don’t have a problem with backpack rap. The subgenre—like any other in hip-hop—contains a wide spectrum of material, from the hot, to the fairly decent, to the wackest garbage conceivable. I can’t stand flat-toned rappers spitting impossibly abstract rhymes over dark, predictable basement beats, for instance. But I’m certainly not mad at records with cutting-edge concepts, innovative soundscapes, and thought-provoking lyrics.

My problem is not with backpack rappers. My problem is with hardcore backpack rap fans.

Those dudes kill me. They have to be the most self-righteous Stans under the sun. Let me run down the profile.

You can find these hotheads in the record store copping a holier-than-thou attitude, spitting obscure hip-hop trivia with an almost religious fervor. They are the ones you see in the back of the club, glaring when the DJ drops a 50 joint.

These knuckle-shufflers harbor an obscene amount of nostalgia for a golden era that they were never a part of, and a baffling level of resentment for all that is gangsta and/or flashy and fly. They despise the music industry, without ever having had any contact with it. They romanticize poverty, worship political rappers (who, truth be told, often don’t want these guys as fans in the first place), and demonize any artist that doesn’t fit into their rigid definition of “real hip-hop.” They deliberately ignore anything that calls their limited conception of “real hip-hop” into question. (The Jay-Z/dead prez collabo “Hell Yeah,” for example.) They have little interest in dialogue.

These man always seem to end up in French/Max B/Rick Ross/Gucci Mane or similar threads saying the same thing and starting the same dead arguments

/

The way I see it, Nas is the greatest rapper alive but guys like French and Rick Ross are the best out in 2012. Just like how for example, Dr. Dre is one of the greatest producers alive but right now guys like Lex Luger, J.U.S.T.I.C.E. league and Noah Shebib are the best out.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Agony that was a bit of a waste of time as I am sure the other guy might have been and I sure was saying that yeah French is what is hot right now, that was not being disputed, the mini argument was based on some people saying French is better right now and that Nas is irrelevent when he dropped 5 or 6 hot tunes and featured on tunes in the last 12 months which were all still of a higher calibre then any french tune or verse.

So stop the whole ''you are neeks'' thing because you have no clue what you are talking about.

Another reason you see people in this and the gucci thread etc is because there are no other threads, common album and the roots got like 12 replies between them, so obviously if you want to discuss hiphop on here you have to post in the threads.

And there are no rules saying you can't question someones ability or criticize them in ''their threads''

Read out lout what your saying/doing and realize how pathetic it is.

Debate is one of the fruits of life. And it just seems like you skim read a couple posts and thought people were calling French sh*t and saying Nas is still whats hot right now.

Some people follow rappers just because they are hot, others choose to listen to what they like and don't let the general opinion dictate their tastes, each to their own, but your acting like someone all knowing too big to talk to these backpack minions sort of guy

f*ck off man

Plus nobody even said Max B or French was sh*t here and labelling people a backpack pan, is that not neeky? lol, grow up man seriously

• Upvote 1

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

French... the best out in 2012.

Says a lot about your opinion and a lot about the state of Hip Hop that he is one of the best out not HOTTEST, the BEST out.

Also labelling something backpack just because it isn't popular/wavey etc is just childish man, feel sorry for people who use this type of logic

He wasn't saying that tho

French is the popular/wavey artist not nas so I don't get your logic in that post

/

I wouldn't say nas is a backpack rapper either I think that might have been the wrong term 2 use

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Yh confused you 2 still but calm down...

Guy was basically saying French was sh*t by saying he couldn't manage a whole mixtape

I'm right about your rant about backpackers though you clearly didn't get what was being said

But obviously because I mistook martins post for you your on one now lol

/

U clearly don't know what dyslexia is.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

*bangs head on wall*

This is the thing no one has said French is the best of all time just in 2012 what he is doing is better than what nas is doing in 2012 IMO

didn't really need this debate to be dragged out just guys missing the point and making stupid comments about his tapes