End of Funky ?

Mr. Gayle

end of funky... how about crazy cousinz goin on the essential mix on radio 1.. if you know the history of the essential mix then you know what time it is!upon lookin at the comments board, this amount of dislikes was incredible.. comin from various parts of the globe, it was a chance for a dj to showcase the sound n by the sound of it, its not accepted!i feel sorry 4 dem, cos bbc hav prob f*cked dem sideways n mayb messed the sound a bit! for real u cant play are you gonna bang doe on the essential mix, thats awful but at the same time its to showcase your style dj/producer wise!a fren last night was of the opinion of 'know yourself and wot your gettin into' before you do suttin as big as the essential mix cos u could mess urself up as a dj, they should of turned it downi was like its not their fault they have been invited to do such a big thing by pete tong, they takin the opportunity to raise their own profile and the sounds profile, it just went horribly rong!so the questions are... will this sound ever be accepted on a big scale?should of crazy cousinz turned down the opportunity cos the sound aint ready for that level or should they have incorporated different tracks into the mix and lose their identity?btw they has some positive comments

end of funky... how about crazy cousinz goin on the essential mix on radio 1.. if you know the history of the essential mix then you know what time it is!upon lookin at the comments board, this amount of dislikes was incredible.. comin from various parts of the globe, it was a chance for a dj to showcase the sound n by the sound of it, its not accepted!i feel sorry 4 dem, cos bbc hav prob f*cked dem sideways n mayb messed the sound a bit! for real u cant play are you gonna bang doe on the essential mix, thats awful but at the same time its to showcase your style dj/producer wise!a fren last night was of the opinion of 'know yourself and wot your gettin into' before you do suttin as big as the essential mix cos u could mess urself up as a dj, they should of turned it downi was like its not their fault they have been invited to do such a big thing by pete tong, they takin the opportunity to raise their own profile and the sounds profile, it just went horribly rong!so the questions are... will this sound ever be accepted on a big scale?should of crazy cousinz turned down the opportunity cos the sound aint ready for that level or should they have incorporated different tracks into the mix and lose their identity?btw they has some positive comments
why was it so sh*t? was the mixing bad or something?

why was it so sh*t? was the mixing bad or something?
Also what kind of tracks where played?

David Guetta feat Akon - Sexy BitchDizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden - BonkersEric Prydz - PjanooKIG Family - Head, Shoulders, Knees & ToesSteve Angello & Laidback Luke ft Robin S - Show me Love (Geeneus Remix)Crazy Cousinz & MC Versatile - Funky AnthemKyla - Do you mind (Crazy Cousinz Remix)Doneao - Party HardMeleka - Go (Crazy Cousinz Remix)Majestic - In The Vip (Wideboys Remix)Kid Cudi - Day 'n' NiteEnur feat Natasja - Calabria 2007Fuzzy Logik - The way you moveBlack Coffee feat Bucie - Turn Me OnUnknown - UnknownClaude VonStroke - Who's afraid of DetriotCrazy Cousinz - SonarEgypt - In The MorningYonurican - Boriken Soul (Dub Mix)Dennis Ferrer - Sinfonia Della NotteBlack Eyed Peas - Boom Boom PowGracious K - Migraine SkankD Malice - Gabryelle RefixChocolate Puma feat Shermanology - Only Love Can Save Me (Dub Of Boom)Masters At Work - WorkCrazy Cousinz - Always Be My (Instrumental)Funky Dee - Are you gonna bang doe (Scholar Remix)Shystie - Pull It (ILL BLU Remix)Jeremih - Birthday Sex (Funky Mix)Karizma - Twyst ThisPlay feat Pelz - NamelessCrazy Cousinz - InflationJade Ewen - My Man (Perempay & Dee Remix)Skanks & Bigfoot - Sweet Like Chocolate (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Tina Moore - Never gonna let you go (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Shontelle - T-shirt (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Play - AttractEstelle - Come Over (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Alisha Dixon - Boy Does Nothing (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Garrison Hawk - Sweet Music (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Lemar - If She Knew (Crazy Cousinz Mix)KIG - HSKT (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Hannah Liston - Embrace Me (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Natty - July (Crazy Cousinz Mix)http://rapidshare.com/files/279416155/Craz...12-09-2009_.mp3

David Guetta feat Akon - Sexy BitchDizzee Rascal & Armand Van Helden - BonkersEric Prydz - PjanooKIG Family - Head, Shoulders, Knees & ToesSteve Angello & Laidback Luke ft Robin S - Show me Love (Geeneus Remix)Crazy Cousinz & MC Versatile - Funky AnthemKyla - Do you mind (Crazy Cousinz Remix)Doneao - Party HardMeleka - Go (Crazy Cousinz Remix)Majestic - In The Vip (Wideboys Remix)Kid Cudi - Day 'n' NiteEnur feat Natasja - Calabria 2007Fuzzy Logik - The way you moveBlack Coffee feat Bucie - Turn Me OnUnknown - UnknownClaude VonStroke - Who's afraid of DetriotCrazy Cousinz - SonarEgypt - In The MorningYonurican - Boriken Soul (Dub Mix)Dennis Ferrer - Sinfonia Della NotteBlack Eyed Peas - Boom Boom PowGracious K - Migraine SkankD Malice - Gabryelle RefixChocolate Puma feat Shermanology - Only Love Can Save Me (Dub Of Boom)Masters At Work - WorkCrazy Cousinz - Always Be My (Instrumental)Funky Dee - Are you gonna bang doe (Scholar Remix)Shystie - Pull It (ILL BLU Remix)Jeremih - Birthday Sex (Funky Mix)Karizma - Twyst ThisPlay feat Pelz - NamelessCrazy Cousinz - InflationJade Ewen - My Man (Perempay & Dee Remix)Skanks & Bigfoot - Sweet Like Chocolate (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Tina Moore - Never gonna let you go (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Shontelle - T-shirt (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Play - AttractEstelle - Come Over (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Alisha Dixon - Boy Does Nothing (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Garrison Hawk - Sweet Music (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Lemar - If She Knew (Crazy Cousinz Mix)KIG - HSKT (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Hannah Liston - Embrace Me (Crazy Cousinz Mix)Natty - July (Crazy Cousinz Mix)http://rapidshare.com/files/279416155/Craz...12-09-2009_.mp3
f*ck crazy cousinz ! selfish bstards always bombard people with their tunes on their sets. how they gonna put over 10 of their remixes on 1 set & leave out so many original tunes from other producers. theyre making funky just look lke a genre that solely remixes other style of music. why play r u gnna bang doe and pull it ? no hardhouse banton ? no geeneus? no apple? but they can include black eyed peas ?

Doing an Essential mix filled up half with commercial old tracks is never the way forward. If you are known for doing this UK Funky thing and you get the honour of being invited to do an Essential Mix, it should be the Essential guide to what UK Funky is. Making it full of stuff people know that is nothing to do with the UK Funky scene is a failure in my opinion.

Doing an Essential mix filled up half with commercial old tracks is never the way forward. If you are known for doing this UK Funky thing and you get the honour of being invited to do an Essential Mix, it should be the Essential guide to what UK Funky is. Making it full of stuff people know that is nothing to do with the UK Funky scene is a failure in my opinion.
thats a very gd point!

so the questions are... will this sound ever be accepted on a big scale?
UK Funky is NOT a new genre I perceive it to be a scene that plays a mixutre of broken and house and tracks of a derivative nature e.g producers like Apple or A Little bit funky. Tracks like that KIG are dash wey hype- however the corporates are only to happy to package up that kind of middle of the road weakness and promote it- its safe and commercial. I am more interested in a track like Mr Tadow Free or Don Morris the Groove i.e no nonsense underground RAW dance music. UK house is not new either however there are new tracks witiin that genre that quite rightly deserve the noise they are getting. Tadow, Don Morris, Fingaprint, Roska, DJ Naughty, are all making incredible music that sits along side that of the original UK House pioneers Like The Groove. A Guy Called Gerald, The Forge-masters, Unique 3, Nightmares on Wax. LFO, Baby Ford etc . Similarly Djs like MA1, Superior, Roska, Fingaprint, Cooly G and even Marcus (when he is on his game) who has played tracks like Agent X Trauma and that perfusion track (that no-one seems to know anything about ) are delivering consistent TUNE on their shows\ DJ sets. The Fingaprint & Cooly G sets at Beyond were ridiculously good! All that's happened is that its been deemed acceptable for a certain demographic to listen to and dance to house- hence a lot of the hype.
should of crazy cousinz turned down the opportunity cos the sound aint ready for that level or should they have incorporated different tracks into the mix and lose their identity?
If anything Crazy Cousinz could have increased their profile by playing a set of killers nothing to do with identity. There a number of original tracks by UK producers both house and broken as well as the accepted US tracks ( in addition to numerous overlooked US tracks) which make up the so called UK Funky scene therefore this was a chance to drop killer tune after killer tune- that opportunity was not taken and hence many will now perceive the UK Funky scene\sound to be comprised of weak poppy remixes and MC led Hype funk-less music. Yes there were some great tunes in the mix but it should be have been like that ALL the way!Its going to be interesting to see if the UK Funky\ Funky House split actually occurs i.e weak hypey Poppy remixes and funk-less MC\dancehall led tracks Versus Undergound grooves \Killer Vocal tracks made by UK producers played alongside the Quality house form the US and around the globe.

All that's happened is that its been deemed acceptable for a certain demographic to listen to and dance to house- hence a lot of the hype.
really and truely its this lol. seems like the whole "UK Funky" title is just a way to (re)package certain types of house for urban youth who probably wouldnt otherwise listen to house (in general). saw a good example of the results of this the other day, when one of my mates (who listens to a quite a bit of funky) came to get some music off another mate. when we tried to get him to listen to some other kinds of house we played like 1 fidget house track and he wouldnt even listen to any more and just said "its not house". :lol:

Its going to be interesting to see if the UK Funky\ Funky House split actually occurs i.e weak hypey Poppy remixes and funk-less MC\dancehall led tracks Versus Undergound grooves \Killer Vocal tracks made by UK producers played alongside the Quality house form the US and around the globe.
This has already happened IMO.

thats a very gd point!
they would probably argue that they wanted to represent their own particular sound rather than a particular scene and therefore played tracks that influenced them, whilst promoting themselves.