End of Funky ?

Mr. Gayle

i agree with some stuff in here but some is stupid!!!! majority of people scope out the crowd and play what they think will smash up the rave.......the people that dont business and play stuff the crowd ARENT feeling, prob are in a position to do so! people trying to make their name have to provide a service to the ravers which will entertain them(thats what you're being booked for alie?)...........as for mix cds and radio shows, thats a whole dif subject!!!as a DJ myself...i play what IM feeling on my mix cds....in raves though, it completely depends!! theres times when i know that certain "house" tunes arent gunna get a reaction in comparison to the latest lil silva beat for example...so i wont play them!end of the day, depends how desperate u are to breakthrough....DJing is my hobby and im happy to play out often but its not my everything

i agree with some stuff in here but some is stupid!!!! majority of people scope out the crowd and play what they think will smash up the rave.......the people that dont business and play stuff the crowd ARENT feeling, prob are in a position to do so! people trying to make their name have to provide a service to the ravers which will entertain them(thats what you're being booked for alie?)...........as for mix cds and radio shows, thats a whole dif subject!!!as a DJ myself...i play what IM feeling on my mix cds....in raves though, it completely depends!! theres times when i know that certain "house" tunes arent gunna get a reaction in comparison to the latest lil silva beat for example...so i wont play them!end of the day, depends how desperate u are to breakthrough....DJing is my hobby and im happy to play out often but its not my everything
C/S the highlighted............

C/S the highlighted............
Bandwagon DJs thereYou man are the reason I stay in my yard or find an alternative to raving

Guest faze .

funky djs do it too much tho....all djs play the same sh*t one after another, thats why most funky raves are swag! rarely hear them switch up the set!

that versatile c*nt would be in the video init
All Funky Mcs Fi Dead
c/s
LMAOI read an interview Versatile did in http://www.itsalotmagazine.com (think its page 19) the other day. Thought of you. He really thinks he's tops
LMAO i should really llow the hate, but everything about him distresses me. Saw him in a dance the other day and the way everyone started cussing when he went to jump on the mic quick ting, he had to llow it. It makes me laugh cause in interviews like that ^^ he can go on like he's a musical genius but really he know's he cant come to certain dances and get on the mic. He's only heavy at them boog raves he plays at.

SO Dejavu, your saying your one of them guys who will drop the same tune that the three djs before you dropped and the two djs after you will drop to, yeah?That is waste, not about hearing the same songs over and over.
no. im saying i wouldnt play deep house tunes to a rave where i was on the same lineup as coldsteps for example. whys that so hard to understand? if u wanna rave to house....go to a house rave. if u wanna hear uk funky....go to a uk funky rave. its simple. dont see a bait lineup....go and then complain there was no house or too many similar tunes.what im gettin at is the clientelle within raves only want to hear certain tunes.........which narrows the selection of tunes that will excite the crowd. this is why a dj, will think yea let me drop an apple riddim quickly cos people will shock out and think uve done ur job. lol. there are other tunes im not doubtin that....up n comin djs want the biggest reactions tho and that comes with playin the bait tunes. lot of people that have jumped on the scene are in it for the money and fame. i personally get a lot of early/warm up sets cos i play more soulful!!

Guest faze .
SO Dejavu, your saying your one of them guys who will drop the same tune that the three djs before you dropped and the two djs after you will drop to, yeah?That is waste, not about hearing the same songs over and over.
no. im saying i wouldnt play deep house tunes to a rave where i was on the same lineup as coldsteps for example. whys that so hard to understand? if u lot wanna rave to house....go to a house rave. its simple. dont see a bait lineup....go and then complain.what im gettin at is the clientelle within raves only want to hear certain tunes.........which narrows ur selection as to house to excite the crowd. as a dj, you cant play a set with nobody shockin out and think uve done ur job. lol
yeah its true.... most of the crowd would rather hear a skank tune than a bit of dennis ferrer....tbh i still wouldnt play most of the sh*t like are you gonna bang doe even in them type raves because there still needs to be quality control.

i honestly think id get looked at funny playing a primetime set in some these raves even if i dropped touched the sky. (only as u just said ferrer)tunes that id play in raves.....ive put on my CDs. if there on there i rate them enough to spend my own money producing them and giving them out far n wide with my name on it lol

Guest faze .
i honestly think id get looked at funny playing a primetime set in some these raves even if i dropped touched the sky. (only as u just said ferrer)tunes that id play in raves.....ive put on my CDs. if there on there i rate them enough to spend my own money producing them and giving them out far n wide with my name on it lol
yeah theres still enough OK funky tracks to play, but all this mc sh*t is still creeping thru! bad times...

Turning up and playing for a bunch of uni students and people who work in phone shops is air. f*ck what they want to hear. They have the worst taste ever. What the f*ck do they know about anything? You could turn up at a rave and play 16 Skank tunes followed by Fuzzy Logik and one two other tunes and be the greatest Disco Dave ever in the history of the world. That takes no skill, and it takes no musical knowledge either.If you do that you are an employee and you turn up at the club to do a job. And that is respectable. It is a form of employment. But just know yourself if that is what you do. Because you are not a taste maker. You are not a pioneer of music. You do not stand for anything.You say you wouldn't turn up to a rave and play deep house. If you want to play deep house, why not? Circle played their own style of music and went off, built up a fanbase and now are pillars of the UK underground House scene. Marcus went out and played his own style of beats and got cussed by a lot of 'purists' who didn't like the sound he was pushing. But he stuck to it and built up a fanbase and now he is a pillar too in his own realm of UK Funky.Any person with a set of headphones and a CD RW drive on their laptop can go out and play bait tunes. The problem arises when they don't realise they are just club employees doing a job just like the bar staff or the girl in the cloak room.But I have zero problem with the humble guys who just want to go out and make people have a good time during their set and take home an honest wage.

Tbh what CM Punk said early about DJs shouldnt play what the crowd want is stupidOf course your meant to be playing music to cater to the demographics of your audience, you play a certain selection depending on who youre playing toEvery DJ does this
Promoters should book DJs who are known to attract a crowd who want to hear what THEY play. Not DJs who will turn up and play whatever the people who happened to have turned up look like they want to hear.That's what is f*ck*ng up the club scene.

Turning up and playing for a bunch of uni students and people who work in phone shops is air. f*ck what they want to hear. They have the worst taste ever. What the f*ck do they know about anything? You could turn up at a rave and play 16 Skank tunes followed by Fuzzy Logik and one two other tunes and be the greatest Disco Dave ever in the history of the world. That takes no skill, and it takes no musical knowledge either.If you do that you are an employee and you turn up at the club to do a job. And that is respectable. It is a form of employment. But just know yourself if that is what you do. Because you are not a taste maker. You are not a pioneer of music. You do not stand for anything.You say you wouldn't turn up to a rave and play deep house. If you want to play deep house, why not? Circle played their own style of music and went off, built up a fanbase and now are pillars of the UK underground House scene. Marcus went out and played his own style of beats and got cussed by a lot of 'purists' who didn't like the sound he was pushing. But he stuck to it and built up a fanbase and now he is a pillar too in his own realm of UK Funky.Any person with a set of headphones and a CD RW drive on their laptop can go out and play bait tunes. The problem arises when they don't realise they are just club employees doing a job just like the bar staff or the girl in the cloak room.But I have zero problem with the humble guys who just want to go out and make people have a good time during their set and take home an honest wage.
Tbh what CM Punk said early about DJs shouldnt play what the crowd want is stupidOf course your meant to be playing music to cater to the demographics of your audience, you play a certain selection depending on who youre playing toEvery DJ does this
Promoters should book DJs who are known to attract a crowd who want to hear what THEY play. Not DJs who will turn up and play whatever the people who happened to have turned up look like they want to hear.That's what is f*ck*ng up the club scene.
Firing lengs everywhere!!!

AGAIN, this goes back to clientelle and the scene in general imo.its so much EASIER these days to get a flyer produced, flood facebook and call urself a promoter. with a high majority of people wanting to go to a "funky" rave, a promoter will try and find out whats "hot" and going to make them cash in. (end of the day, thats what some promoters are in it for and dont care about what scene they push/help)this results in about 5 skank tune P.As and a set from any dj playing the baitest tunes. this becomes the norm and majority of the clientelle are happy to still go to these raves.i agree with what people are sayin about play ur own music etc....the whole point is, there are a minimal amount of nights that ul get booked for soulful/deep house, majority of these are run and have residents with well known djs and thats just how it goes as theyve been in the game longer than most, play on established stations etc. U CANT SERIOUSLY EXPECT TO GO TO A BAIT RAVE AND HEAR A PRIME TIME SET WITH DEEP HOUSE.........im not sayin expect everything to be skank this skank that....but out of wat 20 tunes in an hour set....u prob wud of heard 15 before or atleast all the artists being played......again going back to the quality coming through!as for marcus, thats dif. he was playing house at sidewinders which is obv gunna get a negative reaction from some. due to his position in the scene tho he still got bookings. and props to him he kept going and hes got that title of godfather or watever u wanna call him.

no. im saying i wouldnt play deep house tunes to a rave where i was on the same lineup as coldsteps for example. whys that so hard to understand? if u lot wanna rave to house....go to a house rave. its simple. dont see a bait lineup....go and then complain.what im gettin at is the clientelle within raves only want to hear certain tunes.........which narrows ur selection as to house to excite the crowd. as a dj, you cant play a set with nobody shockin out and think uve done ur job. lol
yeah its true.... most of the crowd would rather hear a skank tune than a bit of dennis ferrer....tbh i still wouldnt play most of the sh*t like are you gonna bang doe even in them type raves because there still needs to be quality control.
Dejavu, you basically confirmed you would drop the same boog tunes. Tbh as a dj determining what time you play at then you should play to what time your set is if your gonna drop the boog tunes. Remember when stampede & rumble raves were on. All different types of music were played and different types of garage & everyone still loved it. Anyway allow playing the same tunes over and over again and if it's a weekly rave then at least change the tunes and mix them up each week ffs!