The Gym Topic

Flojo

Really getting in to my macros at the moment. Reading up on forums etc is really increasing my knowledge and I believe in training SMART not just hard, this applies to diet as well. Done a few calculations and now I'm thinking to cut out shakes during the day and only take it post work out.

500g chicken breast = 116g protein!!!!

Currently on Gold Standard Whey, but thinking if I chomp through 500g chicken breast a day, I will only really need a shake post workout (purely for the super fast absorption compared to whole foods).

Meeting my daily protein intake is too easy, getting in the TDEE calories needs some thinking.

Anyone got any tips for improving my bench?  Stuck on 70KG at the moment.  65KG feels too easy but for some reason it feels like with 70KG I can't comfortably complete all my sets without hitting failure on my last set and having to miss like the last two reps.  Virtually all my other exercises are improving but this one is the only one that is frustrating me.  Doesn't help that it's my least favourite exercise but I want gains until my membership expires next year so it's gotta be done.

Anyone got any tips for improving my bench?  Stuck on 70KG at the moment.  65KG feels too easy but for some reason it feels like with 70KG I can't comfortably complete all my sets without hitting failure on my last set and having to miss like the last two reps.  Virtually all my other exercises are improving but this one is the only one that is frustrating me.  Doesn't help that it's my least favourite exercise but I want gains until my membership expires next year so it's gotta be done.

Try some negatives. If you have a good spot that you trust; stick 100kg onto the bar and lower it to your chest as slowly as possible. Obviously when you're at the bottom you'll have to get your spot to help you to push it to the top so you can start again. Do this as many times as possible at the end of your chest workout.

• Upvote 1

Hit my personal best on leg press and squats yesterday.

Squats – 4 reps @ 120kg, not including the weight of the bar

Leg Press  - 260kg @ 7 Reps

My legs are coming along very nicely at the moment, looking mad toned.

Last 3/4 weeks I have been lifting heavier every day I step in the gym, been focusing on compounds and push and pull routines lately (shout outs to flex), and seeing some great results. Gonna keep this up for another 3 weeks and the switch back to muscle group training, then back to compounds/push and pull after another 6/7 weeks.

• Upvote 2

Last 3/4 weeks I have been lifting heavier every day I step in the gym, been focusing on compounds and push and pull routines lately (shout outs to flex), and seeing some great results. Gonna keep this up for another 3 weeks and the switch back to muscle group training, then back to compounds/push and pull after another 6/7 weeks.

Fam... 140kg is a big weight for squatting and that leg press is impressive too. Keep it up. Make sure your hitting your calves as hard and with a rep range above 15 as well.

Try some negatives. If you have a good spot that you trust; stick 100kg onto the bar and lower it to your chest as slowly as possible. Obviously when you're at the bottom you'll have to get your spot to help you to push it to the top so you can start again. Do this as many times as possible at the end of your chest workout.

Thanks man.  Unfortunately I go gym solo and the only person I know that goes there that I would trust doesn't go at the same time as me so I'm going to have to try and work something out.

Fam... 140kg is a big weight for squatting and that leg press is impressive too. Keep it up. Make sure your hitting your calves as hard and with a rep range above 15 as well.

Safe G  :Y:

I try and hit calves about 3 times a week, 3 sets at 20 reps each, they're coming along, not at a rate I'd want but definitely progressing. May add another set to see if that helps speed things up.

Black genetics and calves are a fucker.

Anyone got any tips for improving my bench? Stuck on 70KG at the moment. 65KG feels too easy but for some reason it feels like with 70KG I can't comfortably complete all my sets without hitting failure on my last set and having to miss like the last two reps. Virtually all my other exercises are improving but this one is the only one that is frustrating me. Doesn't help that it's my least favourite exercise but I want gains until my membership expires next year so it's gotta be done.

Thanks man. Unfortunately I go gym solo and the only person I know that goes there that I would trust doesn't go at the same time as me so I'm going to have to try and work something out.

You should have some pins or something to stop the bar falling on you. Use them.

Don't blame you for not using some any guy spotter, was doing seated dumbbell shoulder press last week, asked one guy to help me, he had no clue wtf he was doing.

He turned round like "Nah mate i'ts too heavy for you"

I was just doing the same weight for my last set, i just needed your assistance to get it up (N/H)   :/