Official Cooking Thread

neeko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo my Ghanaian brothers and sisters

Any of you know how to make Banku and Kenke? Want to be banging this sh*t every now and again when I get back to London.

Kenke u can usually just buy and steam until it's soft and hot in the middle, the leaves in the middle should be so hot you can barely touch them

Banku I'm sure it's a casava dough thing, tbh i don't know the ins and outs but it requires hot water and the powder

i plan to make my first contribution to this thread later

am doing a recipe for 4 people, thai bbq chicken with coconut rice & homemade coleslaw

hope it tastes alright :unsure:

been a couple days, don't think we forgot...

lol, i forgot i posted in here. it came out nice, would do it again but next time use less ginger in the marinade, or cut down on the marinating time (i left it for 12 hours). the coleslaw was really good, i added raisins and pine nuts to the usual ingredients to make it sweeter. me being my craven self started eating before remembering to take a pic. sorry it's so blurry

2zg86sl.jpg

this is the recipe i used for the chicken: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/thai-style-bbq-chicken/Detail.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

They are the small black seeds on the potatoes in the pic, go to your local Indian or mid east supermarket and look for kalonji

Onion seeds look the same but don't taste the same, still they or black sesame seeds can be used as a replacement and prob won't make a substantial difference to the recipe

onion seed is just another name for nigella, they are the same thing (they have nothing to do with onions)

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

i know this aint the cereal thread

but has anyone tried activia pouring yogurt?

jus saw it in the metro n i dnt even eat cereal anymore but im intrigued