Official Cooking Thread

neeko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to make a pie, like a steak and ale pie

but i want it to be like in the chip shop, u kno where the pastry is all the way around

only recipes i can find only has pastry for the top

what kind of pastry do they use in chip shop pies, are they using suet?

Guest WAVESURFER

Dice up half a red onion, fried in a little olive oil until soft, add in a minced garlic clove and cook a little (make sure it doesn't burn). Tear up some basil leaves and throw em in (or some dried oregano), immediately followed by a tin of plum/cherry tomatoes. Season with salt, black pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Break up the tomatoes a bit with a fork/back of a spoon. Let it reduce until you get the required consistency.

Boom. Simple tomato sauce.

You can add chili, peppers, cream or whatever else you might like, and if you want it smooth, you could blend it a little, but that's yr basic tomato sauce recipe right there.

• Upvote 2

Guest Esquilax

Made some choco bites the other day

Milk and dark choc, butter, golden syrup melted down, then add crushed crunchie bar and salted peanuts

Were real nice

Tried to make soda bread as well

Phailed

I didn't neg you, but nah man these sardines in tomato sauce. My gran brought them up to uni for me, didn't even know what to do with them, didn't think I liked them.

Tasted good in spinach. Stirred it into pasta the other day too, was like tuna pasta but a slight variation.

She also brought me corned beef and I had no idea what to do with that ether but found this recipe for summat called Bully Beef http://www.jamaicans.com/cooking/meat/bullyb.shtml

• 2 weeks later...