Weekend + Midweek Cup Football

MetaFives

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ForealBad enough they didn't clock it BEFOREHANDBut to KEEP doing it again and again and not realiseComes like the episode of the simpsons where the puppies kept stealing Homers potato chips'This time...'0.jpgBut then chelsea n the manager got it right, neutralised (ish) the threat in the middle of the park and let Arsenal have it in the wide areas, knowing their defense was organised enough to take care of everything crossed in

You man are acting like Terry, Carvalho, Cole, Ivanovic, Mikel & Essien didnt put in a shift, stay organised & be disciplined in their game.Like I've always said unless ALL of our creative players are really on this ting, the way we play and the way teams know we gonna play and line up against us, needs Walcott in the team as his pace unsettles backlines.

Yea they are and tbhChelsea have a team full of proven world class playersCech (when the impostor isn't in goal)ColeTerryCarvalhoEssienLampardDrogbaDecoAnelkaALL world class, the term is thrown around a lot but every one of those players is. While Ivanovic is Solid, as is Mikel (although he probably played worst out of chelseas team)

True but I just don't think he instills certain important things in your team, similar to when your were winning and going gung-ho in the 80th minute last season a few times, and ended up getting pegged backI'd say you need some sort of old-fashioned, grounded, english, defensive-minded type of bloke as Assistant manager to counter-balance Wengers natural style of selection/managementBut then I just described Pat rice :D Well, not english but still

Yea they are and tbhChelsea have a team full of proven world class playersCech (when the impostor isn't in goal)ColeTerryCarvalhoEssienLampardDrogbaDecoAnelkaALL world class, the term is thrown around a lot but every one of those players is. While Ivanovic is Solid, as is Mikel (although he probably played worst out of chelseas team)
forgot ballack mate alex and bosingwa have the potential too

We lost cos cheslea are a better team and have better players
True but the thing is we didn't play badly and we certainly weren't played off the pitch.When it comes to a team like Chelsea not having RVP or Clichy can be the difference between winning or losing since even the smallest mistake will be not go unpunished.

We lost cos cheslea are a better team and have better players
True but the thing is we didn't play badly and we certainly weren't played off the pitch.When it comes to a team like Chelsea not having RVP or Clichy can be the difference between winning or losing since even the smallest mistake will be not go unpunished.
In my and many other peoples opinion you did play badly. You created no clear cut chances in 90 minutes of football and looked weak at the back. There were numerous Arsenal mistakes that went unpunished yesterday, everytime Chelsea were on the counter there was the real possibility of a goal.Looked like City yesterday, wish Hansen was around to boy off some guys. :D

Outstanding post tbh. Mikel was a bit off yesterday but it's only his second game back after 5 weeks off. The guy is pretty much world class imo, 22 years old and holds down a place in arguably the strongest midfield in world football (when he's fit he almost always plays). Better holding midfieder than Essien. Never gets the credit he deserves from many Chelsea fans and neutrals.Ivanovic is class, much better than Bosingwa and the reason why we've been keeping so many cleansheets. Will end up at CB though which is his natural position, Carvalho's understudy. Deco not so much anymore, major liability tbh and is probably out in the summer (hopefully(. Good for squad rotation though.

forgot ballack mate alex and bosingwa have the potential too
Yea but I just listed the players who played against Arsenal, obv Ballack would have been in itWas he injured infact?LOLI DID miss out Cole (J) though

Yea he's solidused to be very clumsy but has been doing excellent this seasonHas even improved his attacking & wingplay, which was somewhat lacking when he first arrived (compared to Bosingwa anyway) though was understandable since he is really a CB (which causes him to be a little dodgy positionally sometimes)He's even quite quickSlashDoes anyone but me HATE Bosingwa? its his eyebrow? Why does he not shave it the off or something, ugly little c*nt.@ JJDeco tbf is and has been for some years in decline, J Cole can become world class though IMO, isn't quite there yet thoughterry however I would say is, after being one of the leaders of the 'terry isn't as good as people think he is' bandwagon (also the stevie g isn't as good as people think he is bandwagon - still in full effect) it does shock even me that people underrate him so much, it seems the guy is marmitePeople either think he is the best defender in the world (chelsea fans) or they think he is ovverrated and always gets found out (everyone else)I'm in the middle tbh, still think he's definately world class, not many CB's better than himAnd yes that is a very fair point actualyl, didn't that team cost about 400m? Definately the least they should have.