Mark Hughes Sacked

Young Spray

MARK HUGHES gave Manchester City's wealthy sheikh owners £250,000 of his own money to help buy Craig Bellamy.But despite his astonishing gesture and unstinting loyalty, Hughes was axed on Saturday as exclusively predicted in The Sun.He spent yesterday in secret two-hour talks with one of the country's top employment barristers, Paul Gilroy QC.And, today, we reveal how City's chiefs plotted for weeks to get rid of Hughes and replace him with former Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini.Hughes knew he was to be axed only when he read it on The Sun's back page on Saturday morning.Yet he had proved how committed he was to City by dipping into his own pocket to help buy one of the club's star performers.Bellamy dazzled again by scoring in Sparky's last game, the 4-3 win against Sunderland.Hughes signed him for £14million in January this year but the deal nearly collapsed when City found themselves £250,000 short.Chief executive Garry Cook frantically told Hughes the deal could not be completed - so the City boss lent the money to clinch the signing.Bellamy and goalkeeper Shay Given have been the real hits at City as Hughes has overseen £250m-worth of transfers.And those two led a six-player delegation to see Cook on Saturday to protest at Hughes' sacking.Mancini is on a 3½-year deal worth £10.5m. He is also on a £1m bonus to finish in the top four or win a trophy.Furious Hughes listened yesterday to advice from top barrister Gilroy who helped Alan Curbishley win his unfair dismissal case against West Ham.Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2779512/Mark-Hughes-helped-pay-for-Craig-Bellamy-deal-HIMSELF.html#ixzz0aHpmzAJE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can see that being true as wellhughes was probably like "i want bellamy on the team"arab man dem musta just been like "LULZ WHO THE f*ck IS BELLAMY????...WE WANT CRISTIANO RONALDO OR KAKA OR SUMIN...WE AINT GIVING U sh*t"hughes "what if i pay towards it"arab man dem "iight kl"thats f*cked up though man... really is

hughes should of been given a chance to atleast end of the seaosn and do some transfering in and out in jan... end of the day his pay off will be a nice tidy sum.IMO Manchini aint really done that much in recent years a few mickey mouse cups in italy and a league title won by default.lol @ brian kidd going there as assitant though

YOU MAN THAT ARE SAYING MANCINI IS sh*t/OVER RATED ETC.BET YOU HE GETS CITY 4TH. NEXT SEASON. QUOTE ME.
exactly! who caresabout next season? if that was the case then why sack Mark now? could of given him the next rransfer window then the end of the season if it was about city getting 4th NEXT season...no1 cares aobut next seaosn they care about NOW hense they sudden change.wasnt needed to be honest.Man City have taken a step back IMO coz firstly the language barrier getting new coaches in backroom staff etc.its going to be a long process.Hughes got sacked coz man city aint top at the moment. thats all.these owners just want to win everything

What man are basically saying is at every club hes been at hes managed silverware.
not hard when inter have untold cash and basically the players were already there, i could of picked the team every week and let the coaches geton with it. lolalso the other cups he won were agaisnt the top teams reserves sides.i can name 10 managersright now that could of taken the man city job over him

What man are basically saying is at every club hes been at hes managed silverware.
not hard when inter have untold cash and basically the players were already there, i could of picked the team every week and let the coaches geton with it. lolalso the other cups he won were agaisnt the top teams reserves sides.
You can only win whats put infront of you/Not to mention that its one thing to win things when your expected and another to actually fulfill expectations...which is why hughes is where he is now

The guy won 2 Serie A's not including the one he got by default. Now I aint saying hes the best manager around by a long shot but allow gassing like hes anything.Firstly you didnt even know he had won 3 titles by the sounds of things...and secondly, name me 10 managers then that are better AND available at this exact moment in time...(there might actually be 10 I havent even thought it out)edit - why am i typing indented?

The guy won 2 Serie A's not including the one he got by default. Now I aint saying hes the best manager around by a long shot but allow gassing like hes anything.Firstly you didnt even know he had won 3 titles by the sounds of things...and secondly, name me 10 managers then that are better AND available at this exact moment in time...(there might actually be 10 I havent even thought it out)edit - why am i typing indented?

ANYONE is avaible if the owners wanted themto quote ted diabase EVERYBODY HAS A PRICE

It makes sense that Hughes is gone.He got longer than we all thought anyway and we all thought in the summer when they was making moves their downfall over the season would be Hughes anyway...Feel for some of the players tho who are obviously going to be moved on in the summer but in the meantime could now have their World Cup position put in doubt as the January arrivals will push them out of the picture.Lescott & Bridge better hope Fabio makes the call for them.