So Rage Against The Machine done it.

streets.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

big money cooperations have managed to control the actions of the x factor watching public and the non-x factor watching public perfectly. lol at thinking it weren't sony affiliates who started off the rage against the machine facebook campaign. we are the real losers in this tbh.
Possibly, but its set a precdent that the masses can have a the power to choose who is going to be number one.Hopefully next year, it'll be an indie artist from an unknown label with some real f*ckin' talent.

big money cooperations have managed to control the actions of the x factor watching public and the non-x factor watching public perfectly. lol at thinking it weren't sony affiliates who started off the rage against the machine facebook campaign. we are the real losers in this tbh.
lol yeah we're such losers coz some of us spent 40p to download the song.what about the charity which the proceeds of the song went to? although i do think its a bit hypocritical that RATM are signed to sony, a globlized corporation , despite everything they stand for.

lol yeah we're such losers coz some of us spent 40p to download the song.what about the charity which the proceeds of the song went to? although i do think its a bit hypocritical that RATM are signed to sony, a globlized corporation , despite everything they stand for.
RATM were never signed outright to Sony.They were initially signed to Epic.Epic was bought out by Sony in 2004.RATM only perform live now and wont release another album, on Sony.Zacks current band is signed to ANTI- and not any Sony related Company.

But wasn't the song from 1992?So wouldn't Sony have the royalties from it anyway?
dunno mate. I dunno how record labels really work whether they get a certain amount for each record sold. but they wrote the song themselves so im guessing they're entitled to a share of it regardless.
they may not own the masters...the long and short is sony takes the lion share of profits.This was a nice lil number they pulled on people

But wasn't the song from 1992?So wouldn't Sony have the royalties from it anyway?
dunno mate. I dunno how record labels really work whether they get a certain amount for each record sold. but they wrote the song themselves so im guessing they're entitled to a share of it regardless.
i imagine sony own the publishing rights? that way they get most of the royalties, i'm no expert tho. Also i don't understand how WE lost, i personally don't give a rat's arse who got christmas no.1.

Guest Triple XXX
^)
Bertelsmann Music Group, (BMG), was a division of Bertelsmann before its completion of sale of the majority of its assets to Sony Corporation of America on October 1, 2008. It was established in 1987 to combine the music label activities of Bertelsmann.
Bertelsmann AG is a transnational media corporation founded in 1835, based in Gütersloh, Germany.
so ur tellin me Simon was jammin in GErmany in the 1830's and set it up?he owns SyCO not BMG