My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Sinister

no its a race, which is why they are the most filthy racists, they are anti any non travellers

I don't think they're actually a separate race

they're not.

we have some roma gypsies in the uk, but most of them are irish travellers aka tynkers. which are the descendants of irish people who became travellers after being thrown off their land by cromwell.

they're not especially racist in my experience not any more so than any other group of 'working class' white ppl. but they dont really want to mix cos they want to keep their way of life going, thats not really racist tho.

• Upvote 1

no its a race, which is why they are the most filthy racists, they are anti any non travellers

they're not.

we have some roma gypsies in the uk, but most of them are irish travellers aka tynkers. which are the descendants of irish people who became travellers after being thrown off their land by cromwell.

they're not especially racist in my experience not any more so than any other group of 'working class' white ppl. but they dont really want to mix cos they want to keep their way of life going, thats not really racist tho.

alie sameway them white power guys aint racist

nah it's the same reason muslims marry muslims, jews marry jews etc etc

to preserve their traditions

they're not.

alie sameway them white power guys aint racist

nah it's the same reason muslims marry muslims, jews marry jews etc etc

to preserve their traditions

exactly, a lot of dbl standards on this issue.

they're not.

TELL US MORE JO

why? so u can lock the thread? no thanks.

in the interest of education i shall rise above, but in future let this goat cross the bridge without bother. safe.

/

there were various english occupations and irish rebellions prior to cromwell, which came to a head with the Great Rebellion which lasted 11 years. After he had won the english civil war and overthrown the monarchy creating the commonwealth with himself as its ruler, Cromwell turned his attention to ireland. Cromwell was a protestant and hated catholics who made up the majority of the irish population, he saw the irish catholics as a threat to england and set out with a large army to reconquer Ireland. Cromwell marched on every city slaughtering anyone who resisted, killing 3000 civilians at Drogheda leaving only 30 survivors.

After the war had ended the irish catlic population had been reduced by a third and many tens of thousands had been taken as slaves and shipped to the west indies. as reward for a successful campaign Cromwell allowed his soldiers to take irish land for themselves. To make room for his soldiers Cromwell issued the infamous ultimatum: "to Hell, or Connaught" meaning the irish who owned and worked the land were to flee to the barren lands in western Ireland or die.

It is said that the Tinkers are originally descended from the labourers and landowners that were made homeless by these mass evictions, going onto form there own cultural traditions and dialects. there are traveller groups that are supposed to predate Cromwell's evictions and groups that became nomadic subsequently but i think they were probably also the refugees of english occupations.

• Upvote 1