THE OVER RATED PEOPLE THREAD

VENOM

nah devlin couldn't be N-Dubz, just wouldn't work, i can't see him dogzy and deeper behaving like those fools do

if there is any artist he could be like from the UK it would have to be a Mike Skinner kind of guy, which wouldn't rele take much modification on devlin's part, at least content wise anyway

Way I see it, if Devlin blows up it gets more attention to the scene and other artists and might even bring other artists/producers through.

Dunno why mcs have to be judged on race anyway

Like being white can make him any less of a rapper talent wise

He could be the next N-Dubz if marketed right tbh

tht would mean changing mans whole style - most of u grime fans hate that apparently.

Im not a fan of grime anymore anyway

Im a fan of a few artists

I wouldnt want him to change his style, but hes not a strong enough character to go alone and establish the scene himself

Im all for people getting money, he gave me a classic mixtape, I cant ask for much more tbh

Why should he work in a scene which has little money in it and with fans who dont even buy his music.

As long as he doesnt sell his soul like Chipmunk and keeps it more like Tinchy I dont really care

nah devlin couldn't be N-Dubz, just wouldn't work, i can't see him dogzy and deeper behaving like those fools do

if there is any artist he could be like from the UK it would have to be a Mike Skinner kind of guy, which wouldn't rele take much modification on devlin's part, at least content wise anyway

Just look at the amount of white people who were in love with London City...

Of course he could with the write songs and beats he easily could imo

Hes got a flow with clarity which he can also vary the tempo for

It's bait Island Records are gona try and turn him into some UK eminem cliche

lol c/s

cud see that from a mile off

but if that's the case and it succeeds, then a deal is deserved cos Eminem is 1 of the highest hip-hop aertists of all time (personally i think eminem is overrated artistically, but from a business standpoint he's sick)

B00005LALD.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just look at the amount of white people who were in love with London City...

Of course he could with the write songs and beats he easily could imo

Hes got a flow with clarity which he can also vary the tempo for

LONDON CITY is more of a tune Mike Skinner would write tbh

lol c/s

but if that's the case and it succeeds, then a deal is deserved cos Eminem is 1 of the highest hip-hop aertists of all time (personally i think eminem is overrated artistically, but from a business standpoint he's sick)

B00005LALD.jpg

i'm not even going to get into another Eminem argument tbh

why does he have to be like anyone, or be the next this body or that body

why cant he just do his own thing

thats the problem with this country, people are always being stifled, if he ain doin it this way, then how can he blow...

hes gna make it or he ain, whys he gotta compromise himself

• Upvote 1

Nah, she is overrated.

She's just like any other R&B singer, but cause she can play the piano some people think she's a "proper" musician. The whole piano thing's such a gimmick, right down to the fact she calls herself "Keys". It's cringeworthy.

I like quite a few of her songs, but she's overrated.

again you're judging substance over what MOST people are talking about in the thread. shes not appearing on every magazine and i havent been forced to watch news of her breaking her heel when walking down the stairs. she also not the headliner at every Chic club. doubt you understand what the thread's been talking about from the start: people we hear/read so much about and wonder wth theyve actually done.

even though if one WAS to address what you just said about her and her "gimmick"..it only needs to be met with a :/

I don't think you or venom know what overrated means.

f*ck "what the thread's been talking about from the start", I'm talking about someone who's overrated.

I didn't even bring up Alicia Keys in the first place anyway, so I dunno why I'm even entertaining your bullshit.

you didnt bring her up but you made a statement all the same. shes over rated cos she plays the piano, has a good voice and writes her own songs?!!

"she's just like any other RnB singer" , yes AND? what is a good RnB singer supposed to do....breath fire?

anyway thats your own weird opinion.

This 'falling off' notion is air alot of the time.

People peak. People decline.

At his peak (Marshall Mathers LP times) Eminem was undeniable. On EVERY level.

We talking about 'over-rated' right? Currently, no-one rates Eminem as highly as they did 7-10 years ago. Therefore, the 'over-rated' talk is dead.

It's quite obvious alot of people who've posted so far don't know what the term means.

Well, when someone says 1 + 1 = 17, then obviously I'm gonna call you a spastic.

eminem has shown no growth in 12 years

he's 37 and making songs about "being born with a d*ck in his brain" com on m8

and marshall mathers is a good album but nowhere near as good an album as people like to make it out to be

This 'falling off' notion is air alot of the time.

People peak. People decline.

At his peak (Marshall Mathers LP times) Eminem was undeniable. On EVERY level.

We talking about 'over-rated' right? Currently, no-one rates Eminem as highly as they did 7-10 years ago. Therefore, the 'over-rated' talk is dead.

It's quite obvious alot of people who've posted so far don't know what the term means.

Get off his ball sack man.

lol c/s

B00005LALD.jpg

i'm not even going to get into another Eminem argument tbh

c/s

i don't even like em anymore but still i know what guys about. Swear people couldnt name another rapper as succesful as em who hasn't fallen off or dropped the levels in some sort.

I've noticed you love talking about this 'growth' sh*t.

Mate, you're not an editor for MetaCritic, Rolling Stone or NME.

Clipse showed no 'growth' after Lord Willin', but still dropped an equal if not better album with Hell Hath No Fury.

The 'growth' sh*t doesn't equate 'better' music.

you sound hurt m8

if u rate guys talking about killing and raping there mother/baby mother

that's you innit