Walk Man memories.

Frank.

I've got a stack of tape packs as high as me and you know what the best thing was i NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL lend out my tapes. So there's only like 4 missin from them all through my own dumbness.

them ones.

tapes = main trading currency back in school days.

who knows bout performing surgery on ur favorite tape, u know when it got wound to tite or the box got mash up and u had to put it in a new cassette, brought a few emotional tapes back from the brink this way.

mark morrison crazy, first tape i ever bought

one of rakims album, cant remember the name but it was SHOWER, played it till the tape f*cked up, wasn't even mine

usher my way, first album i ever bought

greensleeves vol 13 i believe it was

an i had baaaare tapes that i taped off the radio, i used to spend evenings complin them tapes with the 2 deck stereo

o my worrd

Xzibit At the Speed of Life

Wu-Tang forever

Ministry of sound presents: The Annual 3

Bob Marley Exodus

That fukin Doors album

bare old skool garage nation tapes

there was one tape we called 'the legendary tape' my mate's cousin brought it with him when he visited from LA and left it, had bare random hip hop tunes on it we'd never heard before.

^ Pos'd for the purple tape.

My own rotation consisted of classic Westwood sets, 90s rap albums, lots of my own mixes and tapes off Freeze FM and pre-merged Choice.

Most frequent memories:

- Painstakingly-compiling mixes on a two-deck stereo.

- Digging out my dad's vinyls to record old school soul tunes

- Getting hold of a classic tape and immediately making an extra/master copy to reproduce all future copies from. It's wasn't about battering a tape until it was hissed and fuzzy and trying to make the next copy off the degenerated version.

I also remember getting a discman years later and being pissed at how it skipped when you rode your bike over bumps. Never seemed like progress.

Ahhh i remember those days, i used to take mine into school

I used to rotate CrazySexyCool, DoggyStyle, and a couple of tapes i made myself by recording my cds, i remember getting Big Tymers Hood Rich album and taping it and listening to it till the tape went funny

Also i had a bunch of happy hardcore tapes, unfortunately my daughter got hold of them a few months ago and this is what they look like now:

16ly3kl.jpg

I've spent emotional hours trying to undo that mess, finally accepted that its not gonna happen but i still can't bring myself to throw them away, ive searched everywhere for replacements but with no success :(

i rinsed a tape a couple months ago

one tape from the 80s, pure classic studio 1 tunes

i only used to play it rarrrrely, like couple times a yr,kept it in a special safe ting with other special items

must of played too many times in a row at some point, cos its died now and im sad about that im not gna lie