Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

pmsl £15millionGuy fully lives up to his group
first of all f*ck yousecond of all i was put in this group cus i posted a news paper article telling Yids they face Eurpha league, something u mersey side swamp dwellers cant even takethirdly any idiot should use common sense and realise i would go as high as, since he possesses all the qualities we need, and incase we got into a battle with the scum and the scousers (i say "the" scousers naturally assuming u live somewhere along the m 25)but i digress my point was if we got into a price war with Arry i would do anything in reason to see him in a Arsenal, espesh after it has pointed out that Song is going Africa now go back to ur own thread and wank off to the prospects of Dalglish, the money hes gonna throw awayand how jay spearing gonna be better that wilshere

Guest Klitschko

Ideally in the center though I have reservations about playing two left-footed CB's together. (Even though they excelled at Ajax)However Vertonghen is one of the few cb/lb's that doesn't look out of position as a fullback, unlike people such as Ivanovic, Brown etc. He regularly bursts forward (even from CB, or when he occasionally plays DM) techinically gifted, willing to go forward and more than good enough on the ball to play LB.But yes, in the centre is where he'd be preferred but it looks as though Arsene will go after Samba for that position.

Guest Klitschko

While Samba is a good defender, and adds something the team needs (aggression, height), he doesn't add that much in terms of true defensive ability.Kosciely and Djourou had a good partnership last season, and with Vermaelen back, I genuinely don't think a partnership of him and Djourou are given many problems aerially (which is what people seem to over-emphasize)The main defensive problem, and also main reason why so many goals have been conceded from set-pieces, is defensive organisation.Having a settled keeper (Szcezny) quality LB (needed) settled CB pairing along with Sagna should be enough. Sagna would be a good player to have in the squad, and would definitely get the nod for games like Stoke, but I worry a little about his concentration/organisational abilities.The problem, that infact runs through most of the squad, is concentration/discpline, not tracking runners, not being positionally aware, and not communicating.Sorting out the above things are much more vital than simply buying a tall, strong defender.Another point worth noting is that the season before last, despite his brilliant performances, a lot of goals were conceeded because of Vermalens poor positioning, and overeagerness to step out of defence. Considering he is the first choice CB - this naturally calls for him to be played along side a pacey, athletic CB (Djourou) or a sweeper. Not another stopper.Samba would be a good buy (for the right price), but would have been an infinitely better buy in January, when there was somewhat of a crisis at CB.Now the season is over, with Vermaelen yet to have a real run of games with Djourou, no need for a panic buy or even one to be used immedietly, and supposed funds being released, there are better options around. Especially if some of the prices quoted are true.I even think Arsene turning his attention to Phil Jones would be very worth it.

• Upvote 5

Guest Portuguese

You need Melo forget Parker There is better options than Parker out thereFernandoWitselMavubaDe Rossi(having contract renewal problems)Flamini(Milan want to replace him with Sandro)

Guest Portuguese
While Samba is a good defender, and adds something the team needs (aggression, height), he doesn't add that much in terms of true defensive ability.Kosciely and Djourou had a good partnership last season, and with Vermaelen back, I genuinely don't think a partnership of him and Djourou are given many problems aerially (which is what people seem to over-emphasize)The main defensive problem, and also main reason why so many goals have been conceded from set-pieces, is defensive organisation.Having a settled keeper (Szcezny) quality LB (needed) settled CB pairing along with Sagna should be enough. Sagna would be a good player to have in the squad, and would definitely get the nod for games like Stoke, but I worry a little about his concentration/organisational abilities.The problem, that infact runs through most of the squad, is concentration/discpline, not tracking runners, not being positionally aware, and not communicating.Sorting out the above things are much more vital than simply buying a tall, strong defender.Another point worth noting is that the season before last, despite his brilliant performances, a lot of goals were conceeded because of Vermalens poor positioning, and overeagerness to step out of defence. Considering he is the first choice CB - this naturally calls for him to be played along side a pacey, athletic CB (Djourou) or a sweeper. Not another stopper.Samba would be a good buy (for the right price), but would have been an infinitely better buy in January, when there was somewhat of a crisis at CB.Now the season is over, with Vermaelen yet to have a real run of games with Djourou, no need for a panic buy or even one to be used immedietly, and supposed funds being released, there are better options around. Especially if some of the prices quoted are true.I even think Arsene turning his attention to Phil Jones would be very worth it.
I mentioned Bougherra as part of the new pairing Like I said if Wenger wants to buy english only Jones/Jageilka are worth getting.

Guest Klitschko

He should be. Took his chance brilliantly this season, he has made mistakes but importantly has the confidence (arrogance, even - similar to Joe Hart in his attitude) not to let them effect him, very brave, and a good shot-stopper. Young aswell. Given a full season with a settled back 4 infront of him he should blossom. Whats needed is someone to give him competition and ideally a new GK coach.Through all the criticism of Wenger for playing younger players, 3 of the standout performers and highlights of this season have been Szcezny WIlshere, and Djourou.

In an ideal world;KEEPERSell - Almunia, Fabianski, Lehmann - £15mBuy - Experienced Keeper £5mPromote - SheaDEFENCESell - Squillachi, Kosceilney, Djourou, Clichy - £20-30m?Buy - World Class LB + World Class CB - £30mPromote - Bartley, MiquelMIDFIELDSell - Denilson, Rosicky, Fabregas, Diaby - £50-60mBuy - World Class Holding CM + Experienced Box to Box guy - £40mPromote - Lansbury, AnekeATTACKSell - Arshavin, Bendtner, Vela, Chamackh - £40mBuy - World Class Striker (who plays on shoulder of the defenders) + World Class Winger - £50mPromote - Miayichi, Afobe,

Guest Klitschko

Bad idea selling Chamakh also.There's a definite need for a plan B (he showed this very well against VIlla), and there isn't really another player in the team like him, even the bigger Bendtner, isn't on his level in terms of aerial ability or desire to get on the end of crosses/long balls, though in his defence, Bendtner is rarely played in the middle.Chamakh provides a different option to the other forwards.

Guest Klitschko

Half of his league goals were headers, infact it is probably the same in Europe, I know he definitely had 1 there. He's the only forward with the will/bravery to really challenge aerially.He's no Tim Cahill, but he is currently the best in the squad at it.

Don't play the Chamakh arial ability card!Please please please!!!!!!!!!!!!How many times has he had the chance from a goalkick to win the ball in the air, every time the centreback has won it.I challenge anyone to find a clip of Chamakh winning a ball in the air from a goalkick.
You mean like when he beat one of the Villa defenders in the air on Sunday and the header was perfect for Arshavin if he gambled on it so Chamkah moaned at him for not anticipating?

From the press conference this morninghttp://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/wenger-hands-miyaichi-first-team-chance/Arsène Wenger has confirmed Ryo Miyaichi will battle for a place in Arsenal’s first-team next season. The Frenchman will give hand the youngster an opportunity to impress during pre-season training.However, Ryo’s involvement would depend on the successful application of a work permit. He wouldn’t be eligible for a conventional permit, due to a lack of senior international caps, but a case for a special talent visa will be lodged in the summer.

Who's your new friend? Nicklas Bendtner leaves Arsenal end of season party with mystery blondeHe was celebrating Arsenal’s end of season party with his team mates, but Nicklas Bendtner seemed to have found a new friend on his night out too.The 23-year-old striker was spotted leaving Maddox nightclub in London last night with a mystery blonde in a tiny pink dress.Onlookers saw the Danish footballer jump in a taxi with his petite friend after a night out with his fellow players including Samir Nasri, Manuel Almunia, Emmanuel Eboue and Denilson Pereira Neves.article-0-0C2502FF00000578-599_468x736.jpgThe team enjoyed an end of season dinner at C London restaurant in Mayfair before heading to the club to continue their night.Bendtner, who earns £2.5million a year at the Gunners, was smartly dressed in a navy blue suit alongside a silver scarf.And he appeared to be enjoying the night out among a flurry of women, after splitting with his fiancé Baroness Caroline Luel-Brockdorff in January.The couple ended their 16-month relationship just a few weeks after Caroline gave birth to their child.article-0-0C2502FB00000578-340_468x655.jpgarticle-0-0C2502EB00000578-93_468x630.jpgFriends of the Danish parents blamed the pressures of parenthood on the demise of their relationship.Since the split, Nicklas has also been spotting partying at burlesque club The Box in Soho – dubbed the ‘den of debauchery’.Also at Arsenal’s end of season party last night was Jens Lehmann, who dressed down in khaki trousers and a tan leather jacket.article-0-0C250B8B00000578-981_468x385.jpgarticle-0-0C24F95B00000578-866_148x617.jpgarticle-0-0C24FB7000000578-273_148x617.jpgarticle-0-0C25035700000578-103_148x617.jpgAaron Ramsey also stayed casual in beige trousers, a denim shirt and trainers, while Thomas Vermaelen opted for classic black in a matching shirt and jacket.Despite arriving in his bright red sports car, Bendtner made sure to take a taxi at the end of the evening following a night on the tiles.article-0-0C25003F00000578-576_468x375.jpg