Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

The West Ham United midfielder Scott Parker is a key target for Arsène Wenger this summer, with the Arsenal manager finally prepared to break his self-imposed restriction on signing older players to long-term contracts.Parker, 30, will be sold this summer as West Ham, who were relegated to the Championship on Sunday, divest themselves of their highest-earners. While Wenger has a policy of not buying players in their thirties apart from exceptional short-term signings, he is understood to be given to reconsidering after another season in which his squad's lack of experience was telling.Parker, who was voted player of the year by the Football Writers' Association this season, lives in Surrey and would be amenable to a move to Arsenal. He is expected to be sold for around £6m and would want a three-year contract at the very least, given that his current West Ham deal has three years to runAmong Wenger's current group of midfielders, he is expected to sanction the sale of Denilson and Tomas Rosicky this summer. Ideally, Parker would play alongside Jack Wilshere in midfield, reprising their successful partnership for England against Wales in March's Euro 2012 qualifier. Interestingly, it would appear that Cesc Fabregas's much-anticipated move to Barcelona is by no means a certainty, with the Spanish champions exerting nothing like the interest they did last summer.The interest in Parker, whose potential arrival would put most pressure on the place of holding midfielder Alex Song, represents a changing attitude from Wenger towards his squad. Tottenham had a £7m bid for Parker rejected in January but they are less interested now because of the recent progress of midfielder Sandro.
:D

Only thing is next season we already have a 26 man squad on the books, and while Mark Randall is included in that list, and not really a big problem (lower wages & not a first-teamer), adding new players over 21 over players already on decent money is one thing the club won't do.

but whhhhyyyyyyyyeeeeeeffsis wenger seriously thinking that mark randall can pick up the pace, when Alex Song goes African cupWenger looks like a broken shell of a man in some interviews, i think hell be open to a shift up change in policies, and think twice before he signs a squalchi Esq player the wage system etc can do one

Corriera Dello Sport report Arsenal have made a bid for Roma winger Jeremy Menez.
Just a question. Would Menez fit in Arsenal good?
This is the answer I got.
Just a question. Would Menez fit in Arsenal good?
We dont need any more inconsistent mentally weak french menAt least nasri and co built reps as mentally flakey bt this guy is already known for itThen again u could say thay makes arsenal his spirtual home

Arsenal are prepared to sell Andrey Arshavin in the summer to fund the building of a new squad. Arsène Wenger has begun to cast the net for new signings and is understood to have indicated that Arshavin is surplus to requirements at the Emirates Stadium.The club would want to recoup the £15m that they paid to Zenit St Petersburg in January 2009 and could reason that now is the time to do so, as Arshavin has two years to run on his contract and there has been little desire on either side to open negotiations over fresh terms. The difficulty, though, would be to find a club willing to match his £85,000-a-week wage.It may come as a surprise to realise that Arshavin is comfortably Arsenal's appearance leader this season, with 51 in all competitions of which 15 have come as a substitute. He has contributed 10 goals, and the Arsenal manager has expressed the view that the forward's "numbers" have been acceptable.Yet some of his performances have not met the standards expected of him and, for the first time in his Arsenal career, the Russia international has found himself on the outside looking in when Wenger names his strongest XI in the Premier League. Theo Walcott and Samir Nasri have established themselves ahead of Arshavin on the flanks, which has been the source of no little frustration and bemusement to him.Arshavin has faced questions about his attitude, with a section of the Emirates crowd criticising him for a perceived lack of effort. His laid-back body language does not help in this regard but there has also been a feeling inside the dressing room that Wenger has indulged the player, who turns 30 on Sunday week, absolving him of the responsibility to track back. Arshavin has infuriated some of his team-mates in training with his lack of work ethic.Wenger has felt that Arshavin's mercurial genius can compensate for the negatives but his patience has worn thin. Arshavin, who is known for his self-confident and outspoken nature, did not help himself last season when, on more than one occasion, he went public over his "dream" of joining Barcelona; even Wenger had to tell him to quieten down.It is unclear precisely how much money Wenger will have to spend this summer. Supporters, who have been asked to pay an extra 6.5% on their tickets for next season, hope it is a considerable amount though many of them wonder what became of the £39m that Wenger raised through the sales of Kolo Touré and Emmanuel Adebayor to Manchester City in 2009, which did not appear to be reinvested in the squad. Wenger, however, is aware of the need to wheel and deal and Arshavin has been identified as a saleable asset.The manager, as usual, is channelling most of his efforts into the French and African markets and he is not expected to splash out on expensive, big-name additions. He has said that his priority is to keep his existing key players, chiefly the captain, Cesc Fàbregas, who is a perennial target for his former club Barcelona, and Nasri, who is yet to sign a new contract and is poised to enter the final 12 months of his deal. Gaël Clichy also has 12 months to run but Wenger is confident of Kieran Gibbs's ability to step up, if required.http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/17/arsenal-andrey-arshavin-new-signings

lol @ anyone bidding more than 5-7m for Arshavin and at that I would snap their hand off.Probably end up back at Zennit they've said if a deal could be reached its possible. Remember how much Arshavin was on it when he first arrived, sad to see how he plays now. I think in the end he just thought f*ck it after Wenger didn't change the team to allow him to play as the second striker.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1436814.html?cid=twitter_voiceofthesite
Sagna also expects Fabragas to start next season at Arsenal. The Spain international, who is set to miss the forthcoming match at Fulham with the thigh injury which has kept him out so far this month, has long been linked with a return to Barcelona.But asked if he felt his team-mate would still be at Emirates Stadium next term, Sagna responded: "Of course. He is under contract with the team. He is still our captain."Unfortunately, he was injured, but he will be back soon. We need him badly because he is a good player, he is very talented and everyone knows what he can bring to the team. So I am looking forward to playing with him next year."

Found this somewhere, not sure if I believe it because Clichy has been poor for the last few seasons so I doubt Cole and Evra would have worse percentages.

Clichy attempted 107 tackles with 78.5% success, he also made 112 interceptions. He also has an 80.3% pass success rate. By comparison Evra has attempted 78 tackles with a 71.8% success rate and made 84 interceptions. He also has an 83.2% pass success rate. Cole has attempted 87 tackles with a 67.8% success rate and has made 56 interceptions. He also has an 88.6% pass success rate. Clichy actually has the best % for tackles won, the most tackles made and the most interceptions made out of the top 3 teams
  • Downvote 1

TBH we aren't gonna get 15m for Arshavin, so we may as well indulge him til he struggles to make the bench.Rather we moved Rosicky on tbh than Arshavin, at least Neverstarvin stays fit, well uninjured.Think we are missing a trick by not pushing for Ashley Young. I know Gerald is Wenger's boy, but f*ck it.

Young would be f*ck*ng welcome in my booksas a true claimed Arsenal Fan, having him in the squad would be welcomewe could easily steal him from Liverpool, maybe not money wise, but i get the feeling hes desperate to play champions leaguewhich we cant obviously guarantee any more : <_<how much would he even cost, realistically?if we signed him and scott parker, in my mind it would be like winning a trophy knowing we seeing actual change with them two signings, id give Song a run as CB :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I'd suspect your negs came from Liverpool fans...Young I think is 12-15m, but thats if he openly admits he won't sign a new deal. Think 15m for a English international player with a year left, who is not gonna sign a renewal and enables Villa to still make a profit, is a good deal for Villa, and reasonable for whatever club that signs him, bearing in mind the usual English player premium.