Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Don't want N'Zogbia, I might be totally wrong here, but I get the feeling that if I spoke to a Wigan fan about him they would say..."Frustrating player, he's doesn't track back, has a attitude of thinking he is better than what he is and only really puts in the effort against big teams"This summer I want extremely talented or at least honest players. I can be sold on Samba, Parker, etc cos they are honest. N'Zogbia I just can't, but like I said maybe I have the wrong idea of him in my mind.

Nah you've just taken him for Arshavin lolN'Zogbia is the main reason Wigan stayed up this year. Now i've never personally heard N'Zogbia and inconsistent mentioned in the same sentence but I don't really know any Wigan guys to back that up.If that was the case then he would be Arshavin. I think the step up for N'Zogbia would be good, no player that moves from being the star of a relegation team to a top team is going to keep that mentality that you mentioned (I fully believe he does have the i'm better than the guys around me attitude).If we're going to spend big then I would rather see someone else but if not then surely Charles must be considered.

I never said your point is void and I'm not here to dispute your point, as I don't really have the indepth knowledge on N'Zogbia to debate the in's and out's, yes he has pace, direct runner, yes he knows the league, etc... But there still something I just don't like about him... I just said I dont want him and tbh being that he's French and been available for transfer several times and we haven't signed him, I'm pretty confident we won't sign him.

N'zogbia's CARRIED Wigan at times. When they look down and out I've seen him pull something out the bag many times with his direct runs, cutting in and banging a shot. He's someone we need and could get for a decent price, I'd rather be spending big on defensive players.

do not particularly want Zobbyget the Arshavin impression for sure got too many players who turn passive when things aint going so well
and how is N'Zogbia one of those players when his team has been in relegation for 95% of the seasonf*ck off mate/I think what people most forget is that when we're just passing the ball around for 20 minutes because we can't penetrate our opposition, thats when someone like N'Zogbia is required. For all our defensive frailty this is a equally a big problem, which is why Theo is so important to us because he is the penetration option. However hes way too one dimensional and predictable to be a reliable consistent option.

At the Players Dinner, Cazzy, my Partner, spoke to Charlie, and asked him where his last goal came from at West Ham, as everybody looked out on their feet so tired and exhausted. He said, " I got an angry feeling inside" Now we all no what he means, and we all know he looked anything but angry on the outside, but basically, we know he built himself up for one more last ditch effort for Latics, he did it and scored, he was running on empty. and for me, that is the the signs of a man with a mission for Latics. He's happy, and it would, and should take a great deal of thought to leave us now.Maybe a really good offer to pries him away. Every player has a price, but the one thing I keep coming back to, is where does he go in this league. Sunderland. and Newcastle are back waters of the Northeast, and also, what do they ever win? Spurs, well they are too well blessed, and have already spent a mint trying to achieve that 4th Spot this season already. Harry Rednap said, "this is as good as it gets to their fans"Liverpool is the only one I can think of, and I'd lay bets, though not a betting man, that Liverpool will not Qualify for CL football again next season. They don't have enough financial backing, they have huge debt, and would be mad to take really big risk to achieve the CL at this time. None of the top 4 clubs need Charlie. Moyes has talked of wanting to achieve CL football again. They only managed it "once" He's no chance now City have Mega bucks and claimed a 4th Spot. To find a club winning things year after year, who wants Charlie, is almost a non starter. After that, everybody else is more or less the same as us. Odd Cup finals (we hope) or I do anyway. I think it's time Wigan at least consolidated, a little more like Fulham.So if Martinez is true to his word, and I think he is, then why should Charlie not stay with us, sign a new contract, see how it goes for another season, get us into the Europa league, who knows, maybe another Cup final, or at least establishing Wigan as a mid table club.Ironically, I spoke I these things, and our clubs ambition before the start of this season gone, and got shot down here. Wise investment into the Martinez plans is all I'm asking Whelan for, but it cannot be done on a shoe string, and with increased fans, and a better position in the league, we won't look so shabby next season and hopefully, no relegation dogfight. Wigan shouldn't always be looking down, and over our shoulders. It's actually off putter to people who pay week in week out. It's time for a relegation free season. The paying fans deserve it, and maybe Martinez deserves to show how much better he is with a settled team. Whelan believe in Martinez.12 mins from relegation was a tad too close to the wire for me, though for some reason, I always had the belief we would survive, we fought a war in those last two games. Now is the time to strengthen, not fragment. We need to start the season winning our home games if possible, and bringing back those many fans we have lost who are more frail in their belief. Talking from an internet site is easy. Paying to watch a team struggle takes money and guts. Not everyone has both. The reward though of being there is savoring the atmosphere and trust me, no amount of TV can match it.If you don't recognize there were problems last season, and you keep washing over it, then you cannot fix those problems. I want to believe, and do believe Martinez has been on his biggest learning curve in his whole career to date yet.He talks of Europe and a mid table finish. It's sweet to my ears, but he must be truthful to the fans and to the players. I believe he is.

i admit i havent been sat around watching zobia on re runsbut i know ive seen him put in some BOG "i fully dont give a f*ck, this game at a loss/ diaby esque" performances against United, Blackburn (might of scored a goal this match) and Aston Villaspring to mind, as moments when i wasn't really impressed but dont quote me

N'zogbia's CARRIED Wigan at times. When they look down and out I've seen him pull something out the bag many times with his direct runs, cutting in and banging a shot. He's someone we need and could get for a decent price, I'd rather be spending big on defensive players.
TBH, our attack is fast approaching the predictability of our defence.

Charlie would be a great buy, people forget the lad can play LB aswell and every1 knows when u go 2 a bigger club u have to work harder, N'Zogbia always puts in a shift..We should sign Palombo from Sampdoria who just got relegated, much better player than Parker and better value