Arsenal Summer Transfer Window

MrJibbles

Wenger was on french radio RTL interviewed by LizarazuWenger - We couldn't cope with pressure defensively in the second part of the season. It's been the most frustrating season.AW - We didn't manage to kill the games, and it's down to maturity.AW - We'll invest in players who can bring something more to the team, and that won't be easyAW - We'll invest in defense because it's been our weakness ...AW - Defensive players based in Premier League, because we've dropped points in place where it's typical english footballAW - This year, there's no interest for Cesc. So I want to keep him because he's the best midfielder in the world and he's our captain.AW - What is certain is we won't sell Nasri to Man utdAW - With Nasri there's a little disagreement on the financial terms of his new contract.AW - I wont go on holiday, I'll go soon in South America to watch [players]AW - the target is to keep our qualities, strengthen them and get ride of our weaknesses. We still have to improve offensively.
FINALLY.
  • Upvote 1

Wenger was on french radio RTL interviewed by LizarazuWenger - We couldn't cope with pressure defensively in the second part of the season. It's been the most frustrating season.AW - We didn't manage to kill the games, and it's down to maturity.AW - We'll invest in players who can bring something more to the team, and that won't be easyAW - We'll invest in defense because it's been our weakness ...AW - Defensive players based in Premier League, because we've dropped points in place where it's typical english footballAW - This year, there's no interest for Cesc. So I want to keep him because he's the best midfielder in the world and he's our captain.AW - What is certain is we won't sell Nasri to Man utdAW - With Nasri there's a little disagreement on the financial terms of his new contract.AW - I wont go on holiday, I'll go soon in South America to watch [players]AW - the target is to keep our qualities, strengthen them and get ride of our weaknesses. We still have to improve offensively.
FINALLY.
That screams Samba, Jones, Cahill or ParkerAt least 1 of the 4 is a +

Wenger on Arsenal's 2010-2011 season:"I was upset. We though we could win all the trophies, but we failed due to a lack of character. It is the most frustrating season I've had to go through. "The team played some of the best football I saw at Arsenal, but failed to reach the top when needed. It is frustrating and questionning. We need maturity."On potential signings, Wenger said: "We will try to buy players who could gave us what we need. It's a difficult task. Firstly, we have to enforce defensive line. We lost points against teams who play the natural English way of football, with long balls and physical struggle. "So we need players who know how to manage this kind of game, which means English players, or players who know the Premier League."About the possible departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasir, Wenger said: "Fabregas will not go this summer. Last summer,Barcelona made offers, but on this one there is no offers at all. He's the best midfielder in the world, we built the team with him around him. He's our captain, we want to keep him at any cost. "Regarding Nasri, one thing is absolutely sure, that we will not sell him to Manchester United. We have a financial disagreement with the player, and I will work on it during the summer, to ensure he will extend his contract."Regarding Arsenal's rumoured interest in Karim Benzema, Wenger said:"As far as I know, Madrid doesn't want to sell the player, which is understandable. And the fact that Zidane is now close to the club will reinforce possibility of that Benzema won't move."On his philosophy for next season, Wenger said: "Only world class players can reinforce our team, because we already have a world-class quality football. The target is to keep our qualities, strengthen them and get rid of our weaknesses. "We still have to improve offensively, because we are an offensive team. There are people who ask me to change our way to play, but I think we have to keep going with this style of play."On his plan to travel to South America on holiday, Wenger said: "I will spent my holidays there, scouting players and meeting people in South America."

Wenger on Arsenal's 2010-2011 season:"I was upset. We though we could win all the trophies, but we failed due to a lack of character. It is the most frustrating season I've had to go through. "The team played some of the best football I saw at Arsenal, but failed to reach the top when needed. It is frustrating and questionning. We need maturity."On potential signings, Wenger said: "We will try to buy players who could gave us what we need. It's a difficult task. Firstly, we have to enforce defensive line. We lost points against teams who play the natural English way of football, with long balls and physical struggle. "So we need players who know how to manage this kind of game, which means English players, or players who know the Premier League."About the possible departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasir, Wenger said: "Fabregas will not go this summer. Last summer,Barcelona made offers, but on this one there is no offers at all. He's the best midfielder in the world, we built the team with him around him. He's our captain, we want to keep him at any cost. "Regarding Nasri, one thing is absolutely sure, that we will not sell him to Manchester United. We have a financial disagreement with the player, and I will work on it during the summer, to ensure he will extend his contract."Regarding Arsenal's rumoured interest in Karim Benzema, Wenger said:"As far as I know, Madrid doesn't want to sell the player, which is understandable. And the fact that Zidane is now close to the club will reinforce possibility of that Benzema won't move."On his philosophy for next season, Wenger said: "Only world class players can reinforce our team, because we already have a world-class quality football. The target is to keep our qualities, strengthen them and get rid of our weaknesses. "We still have to improve offensively, because we are an offensive team. There are people who ask me to change our way to play, but I think we have to keep going with this style of play."On his plan to travel to South America on holiday, Wenger said: "I will spent my holidays there, scouting players and meeting people in South America."
Come end of the summer, I want to see his quality of a world class player.But it seems repetitive every time./Good read still. Is full interview available?

yh we will see hopefully definition aint Chamack get the feeling he throwing buzz words like "world class" around to maybe get fans off his back, knowing we cant afford said classthat said if this is all from a french interview... who knowstime will tell

World Class isn't a fee. It's a term Wenger likes to use but means very little.Cesc Fabregas is "World class" and he didnt cost a million pounds.He says we play "world class football" yet we don't have a player bought for a world class fee.and if your buying defensive English players or Premier League knowledgable players then the list of World class players is very short and unrealistic.

World Class isn't a fee. It's a term Wenger likes to use but means very little.Cesc Fabregas is "World class" and he didnt cost a million pounds.He says we play "world class football" yet we don't have a player bought for a world class fee.and if your buying defensive English players or Premier League knowledgable players then the list of World class players is very short and unrealistic.
but same way he cant exactly refer to chumps like Bendtner and Chamakhas as world class. its used loosely yes but he wont be able to get away with it unless he can back it up. The fans just wont have it imo

Very good article, so am I right in thinking we have about 45-50mil to spend?imoOut Almunia Denilson Rosicky Clichy Squillachi Bendtner EboueIn Parker Samba/Cahill + a couple more quality but not overly expensive additions, plus Lansbury, Coquelin, Bartley etc coming throughNasri acting like a c*nt but tbh he is quality and we need him to stay we can't afford to buy someone like him with overly priced english players coming inJust wanna know whats going on don't want another last minute summer but i reckon Arsene will come through this summer

but same way he cant exactly refer to chumps like Bendtner and Chamakhas as world class. its used loosely yes but he wont be able to get away with it unless he can back it up. The fans just wont have it imo
You mean unless the players back it up. Dunno about the fans, Arsenal fans are nearly as loyal to the players as the manager is...

yh there was a bit of the old blind faith for surething it its nothing to be offended by or seen as negativelythe guy who brought was world class players and created the Invinciblesto an extend fans were always willing to let the guy have his pass for experimentingbut now its getting to that stage for change and for him to listen to criticism hence why i think we gonna see a very solid transfer window

is anyone really gonna offer him more than 90 k a week thoughhe had one decent season, arguably only half to 3/4s decent its not so much comfortable, i still naturally assume it will be resolved tbh, see no reason for him to be begrudging Arsenaltaken man 3 years to adjust to to the club, and the premiership so cant see him going abroad, or us not matching deals with other prem clubs who would be interested

Guest Klitschko

3 years? I wouldn't go that far. It's been his best season this year in terms of a run of form, but he was hardly unadjusted beforehand.I don't think any of the clubs he could go to to better himself, or be in serious contention to win trophies immediately actually need him (depending on the price).

Lol at people thinking its Wenger's blind faith that makes Arsenal fans loyal to players.If Cesc, Nasri or Clichy leave, on here alone I'll see "Wenger's fault, he didn't buy no players or win trophies", when Denilson leaves "good player, he'll make it in Spain", when Bendtner leaves "would have been world class for us but Wenger played him on the wing", :D like I said Arsenal fans have ALWAYS been loyal to players.

• Upvote 1