Arms

NiNES.

my arms were always lagging behind my back and chest development, which meant they didnt look in proportion. the only thing that worked for me was having an arms day and doing dropsets until failure and shocking my arms into growth. training tris on chest day and bis on back day, i found my arms were too fatigued to get the right intensity./those fat grip things seem kind of expensive for what they are, altho ive heard good things about thick bar training, might look into it if i find myself in a plateau.

• 2 weeks later...
506l.jpganyone use this? at the mo this is like the main workout for my biceps and they are feelin sore the next day! i can get up to 17.5k on either side but i wouldn't say the form was perfect, highly recommended./i do my biceps once a week, but they get a good workout on back day as well, so really it's twice.

well it depends, but probably, if u do biceps on one arm day, triceps on the other and then a mixture on the third then that would be cool (maybe), but i do biceps once a week and then i avoid doing exercises that will involve them for a good 3 days after because i've worked them quite hard and i can feel they need a rest. if ur doing them 3 times a week ur probably not doing them properly, go hard for one session and u won't feel like u need to work them again for like 4 days after.

so 3 arm days is too much then?
definitely too much to attain proper growth. your arms need to rest, so best thing is to do them heavy once a week.if you do them 2x a week, then its your biceps on one day and triceps on another. the EZ (bent) bar preacher curls are one of the best exercises for biceps.