European Athletics 2010: Barcalona

Guest faze

Guest Portuguese

if lamaitre works on his start he could be a real problem (minus bolt)

he aint seeing Tyson Gay either

Or Asafa Powell, and many other sprinters. Man must think getting 10 seconds is something to be proud off, the guy hasn't even got the European Record which is held by Francis Obikwelu(9.84 seconds)

Niguese still holds the european record wow I thought someone broke it by now. These europeans ever run under ten seconds?

Lol rarely how can man be winning a major championship with a time of 10.11 seconds, it just shows how poor European Athletics is. Francis Obikwelu was the only real sprinter who could go against the Americans and Carribeans.

Is it true superman might not compete and break more records in 2012? Something to do with paying to race I don't know it sounds crazy.

proper missed out on this whole event

will catch up on bbc iplayer

gb been cleaning up today

anyone got the medals table?

Lemaitre is the real deal. The guy is quick once he gets into his stride. Just needs more work on his start and more experience with the bg boys. He looked a bag of nerves in Paris when he was in between Powell and Bolt and was well beaten. I see 9.8 for him in the future once he sorts his start out.

Anyone reaching crystal palace for the grand prix next weekend?

Lemaitre is the real deal. The guy is quick once he gets into his stride. Just needs more work on his start and more experience with the bg boys. He looked a bag of nerves in Paris when he was in between Powell and Bolt and was well beaten. I see 9.8 for him in the future once he sorts his start out.

yeah i'm going

/

blue state of mind shut up mate

you did this in the boxing room as well

mark lewis francis is widely regarded as an anomaly because he was so quick as a youth, then slowed down as he got older whereas most sprinters peak in their mid-late twenties

stop trying to rubbih lemaitre because he's white. he's 20, and he's won a european championship. why do you think athletics commentators are excited about him if runnin sub-10 at 20 is so average?

Guest Blue State Of Mind

yeah i'm going

/

blue state of mind shut up mate

you did this in the boxing room as well

mark lewis francis is widely regarded as an anomaly because he was so quick as a youth, then slowed down as he got older whereas most sprinters peak in their mid-late twenties

stop trying to rubbih lemaitre because he's white. he's 20, and he's won a european championship. why do you think athletics commentators are excited about him if runnin sub-10 at 20 is so average?

Don't catch feelings, cause i'm telling you the bitter truth. Lemaitre is a promising talent, don't get me wrong, btu the development of sprinters like Usain Bolt and Tyson Gay are abnormal, 99% of sprinters do not develop like that. There have been sprinters faster than both Bolt and Gay when teenagers that do not develop in the way Bolt has in his early twenties, i understand he is being painted as 'the great white hope' and obviously must make alot of people proud, but if you think he is going to be able to compete with the likes of Gay and Bolt come two years time, you are beyond delusional and if you are still posting on these forums by the time 2012 come i will be quick to tell you.

And he won the European Championship with a time of 10.11 big deal, Obikwelu used to run that in his sleep, in fact Lemaitre is still a long way from beating the European record of 9.84, and quite frankly i don't think he will.