The Goalkeeping Situation

Francis Coquelin

• 1 month later...

He'll probably be added to our coaching staff and do the job Schwarzer was being offered, dunno if we will be registering him to play again next season, as with the 25 man squad, it really depends on how many leave.However if Wenger sells Almunia & Mannone could see Lehmann being 3rd while bringing on Szczesny, Fabainski and Martinez.

Depends on our ambitions.Fab is pretty good but i cant trust him.Ches is very good but probably will cost us once in a while due to inexperience.If we bought well in other positions i wouldnt mind if Ches was 1st choice.

Fabianski has had 3 decent chances to stake his claim for number 1 and he's flopped, why should we wait and face the possibility of going into crunch games next season with him in goal?Szczesny has had 1 shot at number 1 and hasn't dissapointed so far, I'll be happy going in with him as number 1 but we need a older head around for him to compete with and I mean someone better than Lehmann.

Fabianski has had 3 decent chances to stake his claim for number 1 and he's flopped, why should we wait and face the possibility of going into crunch games next season with him in goal?Szczesny has had 1 shot at number 1 and hasn't dissapointed so far, I'll be happy going in with him as number 1 but we need a older head around for him to compete with and I mean someone better than Lehmann.
Fabianski was our number 1 until injury, he'd probably still be in goal if it wasn't for that injury. Yes there was question marks still over him, but he was beginning to win people round.
  • Upvote 1

Fabi stll relievedly young toohe done alrite tbhbut the problem is he looks kinda happy jamming, getting paid to recovernot like Chez who shows passion and speaks out about how hungry he is, to claim number oneso keep the poleshow bout Ben Foster as another option who doesnt mind not playing and being second best :D

Guest Klitschko

Shay Given will most definitely be leaving in the summer.Scezny for #1 though. Bring in a back-up keeper.Fabianski did very well during his spell, but still looked dodgy at times, and when he made mistakes they seemed to really effect his confidence. He isn't a keeper that can easily be backup because if he's someone that needs consistency to get confidence and performance up.If Scezny gets injured, and PIG comes in for a game, he's likely to flap at something.

Given is leaving to PLAY. So if he ain't being #1, he wont join us.I agree with the confidence thing tho on Fabianski, its a tough one, cos if Szczesny is made number 1, then I kinda think he should play until injury/poor form, rather than being rotated for the cups, if Szczesny holds the position for the year, then I think Fabianski should be sold then.

agree with this

Guest Klitschko

Yup, exactly.Sadly though Fabianski will likely feel the axe before he does. I genuinely think a better coach would have helped him cut out some of his foolishness.

Wojciech Szczesny took time out to thank Jens Lehmann for giving him some invaluable help and advice since the German star returned to Arsenal to help out the club’s current goalkeeping crisis.The Polish 21 year old has paid tribute to Lehmann calling him a “top-class goalkeeping coach”. The 41 year old left the Emirates in 2007 as he retired from topflight football – Szczesny had only been there for a few weeks.Since then Szczesny has grown in to a top class keeper for the club and has helped to keep them afloat in what has been a pretty difficult season for them. However, he thanks Lehmann on some invaluable mentoring.“It’s very interesting actually – after every game he talks to me in great detail,” Szczesny told the Arsenal Matchday Programme.“He also takes me to one side at training, or when we’re doing some stretching, and gives me a lot of advice about little aspects of my game.“It’s not about big things, because I haven’t made many massive mistakes, but he spots little details and uses his experience to help me. That’s really useful and I’m very grateful for it.“It’s been enjoyable, and I’m looking forward to working with him more because I do learn a lot from him.“He definitely has the qualities to be a very good coach – he has an ability to give out information in a very clear way, so that you can understand all his advice.”
Thats half the reason I think Wenger doesn't bring Almunia along on matchdays cos he knows Almunia ain't offering no advice or help & Lehmann probably better than Peyton & Roberts.

• 4 weeks later...