PROTEST SEASON

Supermalt

They are protesting against something they disagree with how does that make them idiots?

If I set up a picket line outside your house cos I don't like the way you tie your shoes, does that not make me an idiot?

The guy hasn't broken the law. It's easy to sit and criticise him and think you're some great person who'd give away loads of money you don't have when you don't get it in like Philip Green

• Upvote 1

LOL. What a comparison

Lots of protests in history have been things that haven't been against the law, but people have felt immoral/wrong/unjustifiable.

They protest, put pressure on people/government and get the law changed.

lol, i'm just being pedantic but still, it's dumb to pick on phillip green alone, as if there aren't thousands of businesses and individuals doing the same thing

get at the government or your local mp if you feel this is an issue that concerns you (not you, talking in general). going in and causing trouble in a shop, making life harder for people doing their job/trying to live thier lvies is not the way to go

• Upvote 1

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

im sure theyll move on to others

writing to an MP aint really the same, with these ur tryna raise awareness about the issue aswell so publicity is part of it

one letter to an MP which he replies to 2 years letter aint really the same

• Downvote 1

LOL. What a comparison

Lots of protests in history have been things that haven't been against the law, but people have felt immoral/wrong/unjustifiable.

How is protesting against the tav avoiders going to put pressure on the government to change the law? Surely that would involve protesting against the government?

• Upvote 1

LOL. What a comparison

How is protesting against the tav avoiders going to put pressure on the government to change the law? Surely that would involve protesting against the government?

very true

philip green saw a legit advantage in the law and took it

pl do it everyday on a smaller scale

• Upvote 1

LOL. What a comparison

• Upvote 1

Guest WAVESURFER

LOL. What a comparison

Philip Green's a government advisor.

They're making cuts all over the place, and he's sending hundreds of millions of pounds to f*ck*ng Monaco to avoid putting it back into OUR country.

Really don't understand how people can defend this prick.

Just cos it's not illegal doesn't mean it's not wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL. What a comparison

They're making cuts all over the place, and he's sending hundreds of millions of pounds to f*ck*ng Monaco to avoid putting it back into OUR country.

I'm not defending him, I'm saying these people are idiots. You made a good point that it being legal doesn't make it right but that's not the point either. The point is that he is not responsible for making any of the changes that they want. Do they think that them protesting is going to make him stop avoiding? If he stopped avoiding, would it even make them happier about him being a government adviser? No. They're upset with the hypocrisy of the government. So go tell the government. They're just wasting their time.

PEOPLE ARE FORGETTING THAT U DO NOT NEED TO PAY TAX IF U DO NOT WANT TO

JUST GET A FOREIGN ACCOUNT OFFSHORE and do a few documents

/

WHY WOULD SOMEONE THAT HAS BUILT UP A COMPANY AND EMPLOYS OVER 1,000+ PEOPLE WANT TO PAY 40% CORPORATION TAX...? COME ON NOW

They are protesting against something they disagree with how does that make them idiots?

LOL. What a comparison

LOL. What a comparison

LOL. What a comparison

I'm not defending him, I'm saying these people are idiots. You made a good point that it being legal doesn't make it right but that's not the point either. The point is that he is not responsible for making any of the changes that they want. Do they think that them protesting is going to make him stop avoiding? If he stopped avoiding, would it even make them happier about him being a government adviser? No. They're upset with the hypocrisy of the government. So go tell the government. They're just wasting their time.

hmm, got to agree with all this tbh :unsure:

what he's doing isn't right, but i dont agree with this 40% tax thing for people who have got to the level where they are earning more

him not giving into the system is a odd one, because in my oppinion there are people wrongly taking out living on our streets who in my opinion are just as bad or even worse,

and quite frankly if i was earning what he was, and could afford to go off and "live" in Monaco you wouldnt see me for dust.

and also seeing as his wife owns topshop, how many people from working class backgrounds or low income backgrounds does she employ thereby helping the economy

the big problem we have in this country isn't with people like him but re with the people who WRONGLY scrounge of the goverment, (note i said wrongly as i am not dead set against all benefits)

and yes i agree with the stupidity in protesting against him as being one man, the goverment implement these rulse and regulations and they should be called to task about it

Yeah,Tory bastards. Because it just a single issue that people have with the tories. <_<

Good on them for closing some loopholes, lets see what else happens when they get their report next year.

Don't act like no-one ever criticised Labour, or as if anyone even made it a party issue in this topic.

/

“Tax avoidance (organised by expensive teams of accountants) is perfectly legal. Yet it comes at the expense of millions of hard-working people who are not in a position to exploit such loopholes and have to bear the brunt of subsequent cuts in public services and increases in their own taxes…

“it is outrageous that the Government has failed to ensure big business shares the load, and has not demanded assurances from foreign buyers of major British firms (such as Kraft) about their future tax residency plans.

I”n the absence of proper official scrutiny of such important issues, a new pressure group called UK Uncut is campaigning against those companies it claims are escaping their tax liability to the Government. In its sights are conglomerates such as Kraft and Arcadia Group (which includes Topshop and BhS), owned by retail tycoon Sir Philip Green. What these protesters find particularly offensive is the fact that Green was chosen by David Cameron to help advise how the government machine could reduce expenditure.

• Downvote 1

Yeah,Tory bastards. Because it just a single issue that people have with the tories. <_<

Good on them for closing some loopholes, lets see what else happens when they get their report next year.

Don't act like no-one ever criticised Labour, or as if anyone even made it a party issue in this topic.

/

so they were criticised for 9 years and did nothing? cool.

/

Oh, right. So Conservatives are an amazing party that do everything to better the country.

Who said that that Labour had an exemplary 13 years of government?

Labour in their later years started to clamp down on it, but were probably blinded by their early economic success (and being pally pally with these business folk), to even bother before.

You don't seem to be able to comprehend that dislike held for conservative government expands beyond mere financial policy. And I have seen not one person in here say that Labour was some outstanding party that did every proper. Yet you act as if the conservatives are magnificent.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

/

Oh, right. So Conservatives are an amazing party that do everything to better the country.

Who said that that Labour had an exemplary 13 years of government?

Labour in their later years started to clamp down on it, but were probably blinded by their early economic success (and being pally pally with these business folk), to even bother before.

You don't seem to be able to comprehend that dislike held for conservative government expands beyond mere financial policy. And I have seen not one person in here say that Labour was some outstanding party that did every proper. Yet you act as if the conservatives are magnificent.

amazing party? no. but there was a time for a change, as things needed to be done differently, please quote where i said or acted like tory's are magnificent?

Many of the tax loopholes that had some deluded people (in my opinion) saying those on benefits illegally cheating the system paying little or NO tax were given a harder time than those legally paying SOME tax and legally avoiding to pay more have now been closed or will run out this year. simple