Hughton Sacked

Flojo

Curbishley made one serious mistake IMO. He should never have left Charlton. He made them respectable. What was it 15 years at the club and into the prem. The way he worked was good for the business and the sport so I feel it's disrespectful to say he would only give you mid table mediocrity when Charlton spent all their time improving with him.

Based on that, if he were still there now charlton would still be in the prem, mid table mediocrity woulda been the remit of 3 years ago and a decent europa cup run could have been on the agenda these times.

Slight bias cos Curbs had a big influence in my teenage years

dont think Curbs leaving Charlton was tottally his choice tbh,

and people have seemingly short memories or ridiculously high oppinions of the premier league if Curbishley is regarded only as a Championship manager, guy has proved himself at the premiership level and over achieved for the best part of a decade

• 10 months later...
Guest Portuguese

Pardew of West Ham(took them to seventh and just unlucky lost the Fa Cup Final in 06) before he done his madness(Not playing Tevez/Mascherano) which led to his sacking or the Pardew of Charlton(whom he transformed them from a stable Premiership team to a League One team)?

I think Mike Ashley should of waited a few weeks because Rafa would of been avaliable(What's wrong with Rafa? I actually still rate this guy)

• Upvote 1

Well they said they want sum1 with 'more managerial experience'.

They also have a tough run of games coming up and I thougt they needed sum1 with more experience to keep them up n get them past the finish line..

4 points seperate 11th from 18th

They shud neva have got rid of Big Sam, missed a trick there as none of this would have happnd

tumblr_kw5wafVbFO1qzftyro1_250.gif

:rofl:

dunno why this got bumped tbh, newcastle are a good team, the success story is not all because of pardew though.

if you man had seen pardews shopping list this summer you would of creased.

the only thing that i rate pardew for is that he can change a game with his substitutions, and he is better at man-management.

he is a good motivator, and I'm sure west ham fans will say this about him too, newcastle always had good players, just the players needed caring/boosting.

the reason why newcastle are doing decent is because graham carr (their chief scout) is finding players and telling ashley to buy them, cabaye, marveux, tiote etc etc was all his finds.

pardews list for this summer was jason puncheon and colin kazim-richards.

i wish i was joking.

newcastle will finish top 10.

• Upvote 2

dunno why this got bumped tbh, newcastle are a good team, the success story is not all because of pardew though.

if you man had seen pardews shopping list this summer you would of creased.

the only thing that i rate pardew for is that he can change a game with his substitutions, and he is better at man-management.

he is a good motivator, and I'm sure west ham fans will say this about him too, newcastle always had good players, just the players needed caring/boosting.

the reason why newcastle are doing decent is because graham carr (their chief scout) is finding players and telling ashley to buy them, cabaye, marveux, tiote etc etc was all his finds.

pardews list for this summer was jason puncheon and colin kazim-richards.

i wish i was joking.

newcastle will finish top 10.

100% accurate evaluation. I think the only player Pardew brought in was Obertan.

Carr>>>>>>>>