FAO Muslims

NiNES.

That black guy on the panel was talking a lot of sense, Maher typifies the attitude that makes America the most hated country on earth.

/

Whenever I see people bringing race or ethnicity into a debate surrounding religion I struggle to take them seriously.

Why?

Didn't watch the video but religion is practiced differently, according to people's ethnicity

Islam in Albania is not like Islam in Saudi Arabia

Bill Maher makes alot of valid points but his delivery is rather cuntish which distorts what he says.

I don't see how you can say sexism has no 'degrees'. Sexism exists in both the secular/Christian West & the Islamic Middle East, but in the Middle East, it's worse.

Same way, violence is wrong, but there are degrees in violence.

That black guy on the panel was talking a lot of sense, Maher typifies the attitude that makes America the most hated country on earth.

/

Whenever I see people bringing race or ethnicity into a debate surrounding religion I struggle to take them seriously.

Why?

Didn't watch the video but religion is practiced differently, according to people's ethnicity

Following a religion is supposed to be about following the right way for mankind to conduct themselves, if it's truly the right way how does ethnicity or race come into it?

Guest Esquilax

Maher called it how he saw it/ how it was. Trying to say that the West's attitude towards women's rights is comparable to the middle east is laughable

There is an enormous gulf between the two, and he wasn't saying that our values should be emulated, because as Tavis was saying, our attitudes are hardly enlightened

But when you start comparing page 3 to stoning, that's not right

/

Why?

Following a religion is supposed to be about following the right way for mankind to conduct themselves, if it's truly the right way how does ethnicity or race come into it?

Because it does. If you can't see that I dunno what to say really

/

You really think that's what religion's actually about?

/

Why?

/

Because it does? cool.

Do I think that's what religion is about?

Following a religion is supposed...

Flojo why were you talking about Ethnicity? Because Lahi said 'follow white Jesus'?

Wasn't specific to Lahi''s post, was more a general comment.

I have a number of friends who now see themselves as Hebrew Israelites, I've listened to them and members of other religions try to convince me to follow their religion in a number of ways with a common one being 'It's the true religion of our people'.

/

Why?

/

Because it does? cool.

Erm, so you don't think religion is shaped by ethnicity and cultural practices?

Hence why in some Muslim countries a lot of women don't even cover their hair, they wear miniskirts etc., and in others women need written permission from their husband to be out of the house on their own?

Islam is practiced differently in Sarajevo, in Grozniy and in Riyadh and everywhere in between. It's not a uniform way of living your life

That's all I was saying. Maybe I've misunderstood what you're getting at

Guest Klitschko

Flojo why were you talking about Ethnicity? Because Lahi said 'follow white Jesus'?

Wasn't specific to Lahi''s post, was more a general comment.

I have a number of friends who now see themselves as Hebrew Israelites, I've listened to them and members of other religions try to convince me to follow their religion in a number of ways with a common one being 'It's the true religion of our people'.

It's something borne out of isolation, and the polar opposite (the religion) being a sense of community and togetherness I suppose

Also, I hope Lahi realises the multiple ironies in his white jesus comment

Bill Maher might be the reason why a lot of people hate Americans (personally I thought it was because they were seen is ignorant, not smarmy), but the people he often talks about are why a lot of the world hates religious people.

/

Why?

/

Because it does? cool.

Erm, so you don't think religion is shaped by ethnicity and cultural practices?

Hence why in some Muslim countries a lot of women don't even cover their hair, they wear miniskirts etc., and in others women need written permission from their husband to be out of the house on their own?

Islam is practiced differently in Sarajevo, in Grozniy and in Riyadh and everywhere in between.

I didn't say I don't think it's defined by ethnicity or cultural practices I'm saying it shouldn't be.

Pretty much all religions preach that in the eyes of god we are all equal regardless of colour or creed so when I see people trying to convince or appeal to others that their religion is the right one to follow on the strength of colour, ethnicity, race or anything other than the principles at the heart of the religion I feel like it undermines either the religion or their understanding of it.

meh im just trying to help my nubian brothers see the light

you can carry on praying to white jesus or join the ever growing islamic community and avoid the corruption of the church

jazakulah khair brothers and may Allah guide you

salam

Guest Supreme Allah

aint read this

asked the asian conspiracy theorist at work why they cover the hair, he said cos the devil pisses on it

never asked him anything about islam again just googled it

• Upvote 2