WHOAG

n/a

No it's the general opinion. FFS. thats why he is credited with the f*ck*ng signing! How many times...Smh. Some people... How can you assess players when you haven't had time to see them... What did AVB say today, I'll assess my squad on July 6th and then I will still have plenty of time to go into the transfer market...Your giving up cos you've got nowhere to go, and tbh throughout this you've yet to provide one reasons why we shouldn't want him back, everything is in counter to what I've said and you've just tried to defliect it with some non sense argument.Before you leave tho please down play his involvements in Sol Campbell and his involvement in bringing Arsene Wenger to the club.../Tulse f*ck off you spoon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No it's the general opinion. FFS. You've yet to even remotely disapprove it.
Of course I've dissaproved it by quotes from the f*ck*ng player. Does he say it was all down top Dein? No
Smh. Some people... How can you assess players when you haven't had time to see them... What did AVB say today, I'll assess my squad on July 6th and then I will still have plenty of time to go into the transfer market...
If you know that you've lost two strikers obviously you'll know another one is needed
Your giving up cos you've got nowhere to go, and tbh throughout this you've yet to provide one reasons why we shouldn't want him back, everything is in counter to what I've said and you've just tried to defliect it with some non sense argument.
I'm giving up because you refuse to believe that everything wasn't down to Dein despite quotes from the people involvedI've said I don't see a need for him to come back. We can still get Wenger's targets without him
Before you leave tho please down play his involvements in Sol Campbell and his involvement in bring Arsene Wenger to the club...
:/Where have I said he wasn't heavily involved in those dealings?

The quote proves he spoke to the manager and Dein, wow. That doesn't mean the manager was behind the signing, the manager went along with signing that Dein had identified, and tbh Dein was going to make that signing regardless. Its like me saying Dein was behind the signing of Vieira cos he went and got him, despite the fact that we know that Wenger identified him and told him to get him before he was the actual Arsenal manager...Why do you think Spurs fans say VDV was Levy's signing, not Redknapp, same as at Chelsea and bait Roman signings. WTF are you not getting? Swear your just arguing to argue.Because you don't see a need is a reason? :D

The quote proves he spoke to the manager and Dein, wow. That doesn't mean the manager was behind the signing, the manager went along with signing that Dein had identified, and tbh Dein was going to make that signing regardless. Its like me saying Dein was behind the signing of Vieira cos he went and got him, despite the fact that we know that Wenger identified him and told him to get him before he was the actual Arsenal manager...
I have not once said Rioch was behind it I said it wasn't all down to Dein. The manager agreed to signing the player Dein AND Friar identified. He was asked first wasn't he?"Dein was going to make that signing regardless" lol he tell you that himself? This is what I don't get, you go on like your opinion is factualLike I said before a player would be more interested in what the manager has to say. Look at the Platt quote FFS.
Because you don't see a need is a reason? :D
I think the club can function fine without him

The quote proves he spoke to the manager and Dein, wow. That doesn't mean the manager was behind the signing, the manager went along with signing that Dein had identified, and tbh Dein was going to make that signing regardless. Its like me saying Dein was behind the signing of Vieira cos he went and got him, despite the fact that we know that Wenger identified him and told him to get him before he was the actual Arsenal manager...
I have not once said Rioch was behind it I said it wasn't all down to Dein. The manager agreed to signing the player Dein AND Friar identified. He was asked first wasn't he?"Dein was going to make that signing regardless" lol he tell you that himself? This is what I don't get, you go on like your opinion is factualLike I said before a player would be more interested in what the manager has to say. Look at the Platt quote FFS.
Right Rioch had just walked through the door, his employer (Dein) comes to him and one of the first things he says is do you want Dennis Bergkamp? Its really not a difficulty decision is it? No brainer even, Rioch went along, and when he stopped going along, Dein got him removed... I dont know whats difficult to understand in this. Thats how Dein was moving.
Despite this improvement on the field, off it an increasing dissatisfaction with the manager was emanating from all quarters. Peter Hill-Wood put the players’ point of view: “I think they can pick up the vibes quite easily. They respected George and probably were quite frightened of him, however tough he may have been.” Although Messrs Bergkamp and Platt had been captured (widely believed to be the result of David Dein’s efforts rather than the manager’s), as the director for team affairs, Dein became more and more frustrated by Rioch’s indecision. The manager vacillated over potential purchases and indeed never even got round to signing his own contract (which the club honoured anyway when he was dismissed). The chairman succinctly summed up. “I don’t think frankly he was up to the job.”
Its like you keep overlooking this...Who the f*ck is talking about Platt? You brought him into this discussion.Yeah its functioning great :D

Right Rioch had just walked through the door, his employer (Dein) comes to him and one of the first things he says is do you want Dennis Bergkamp? Its really not a difficulty decision is it? No brainer even, Rioch went along, and when he stopped going along, Dein got him removed... I dont know whats difficult to understand in this. Thats how Dein was moving.
lol the way you talk about Dein is cringeworthy. He did not run the club by himselfBergkamp was suggested by Dein and Friar (love how you kep missing him out). It was only a no brainer cos
he fitted perfectly into the way I wanted the team to play
Despite this improvement on the field, off it an increasing dissatisfaction with the manager was emanating from all quarters. Peter Hill-Wood put the players’ point of view: “I think they can pick up the vibes quite easily. They respected George and probably were quite frightened of him, however tough he may have been.” Although Messrs Bergkamp and Platt had been captured (widely believed to be the result of David Dein’s efforts rather than the manager’s), as the director for team affairs, Dein became more and more frustrated by Rioch’s indecision. The manager vacillated over potential purchases and indeed never even got round to signing his own contract (which the club honoured anyway when he was dismissed). The chairman succinctly summed up. “I don’t think frankly he was up to the job.”
Its like you keep overlooking this...Who the f*ck is talking about Platt? You brought him into this discussion.
what does the bit you've bolded prove exactly?The Platt quote disproves your articles theory about the signing being down to Dein and also show's how Rioch talking to a player played a major role in him joining

When did I say or talk as if Dein ran the whole football club?Dein is credited as signing Bergkamp, you wanna take that away from him for whatever reason. Friar for example is credited for the signing of Pires. No it was a no brainer because it was Dennis Bergkamp and we had just finished 12th and was a team crying out for some creativity and flair after the state George Graham left us in.Exactly what it says, when Rioch began to not move with Dein he got moved on. I dont think you realise how much these two argued over signings.David Platt plays no relevance in anything I've said FFS.

When did I say or talk as if Dein ran the whole football club?Dein is credited as signing Bergkamp, you wanna take that away from him for whatever reason. Friar for example is credited for the signing of Pires. No it was a no brainer because it was Dennis Bergkamp and we had just finished 12th and was a team crying out for some creativity and flair after the state George Graham left us in.Exactly what it says, when Rioch began to not move with Dein he got moved on.David Platt plays no relevance in anything I've said FFS.
No, YOU are crediting Dein for Bergkamp. Rioch played a big role in him coming just like Wenger was vital in Pires comingThe Platt quote backs up everything I'm saying you numpty. Before signing for a club a player would want to know the views/ ideas of the person he's playing for. Are you that stupid to not understand that?
  • Downvote 3

Arsenal sacked Graham for the bung, after the bung and lots of investigations into managers parts in transfers, clubs became under scrunity, Arsenal obviously more so than any club, this is where David Dein stepped up and that became his role, basically he became our version of Uli Hoeness or the guy from Lyon.Now Rioch joined Arsenal in June 95, Bergkamp joined in the same month (it was so soon after its had to think Rioch really played a big role). Now after the signing of Platt (who was shite for us may I add). Arsenal while managed by Rioch NEVER signed one more player (so if you wanna give Rioch credit for that by all means do). It was commonly known that Dein was ignoring his targets, (Rioch even said so), as frankly Dein didn't rate him and still wanted Wenger (who they intereviewed before they appointed Rioch).Rioch took us from 12th to 5th (thats a good start), but he was sacked cos he beefed with Wright and others, and like I said Dein didn't want him and did everything he could to remove him. Dein blocked all his coaching/backroom additions and then brought Liam Brady on board, which Rioch tried to block but failed. Many felt Dein undermined Rioch which he probably did, well he definitely did.As when Vieira signed for us, he f*cked up by telling people he'd been waiting five days to come over for the transfer to be finished adfter agreeing in Italy with Dein, and that he only signed for Wenger... Vieira & Garde were signed on the same day Rioch was sacked... :D Now was what Dein did to Rioch right? No, but Arsene Wenger is now the most succesful manager in Arsenal's history... So for Arsenal Football Club its hard to say Dein was wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Arsenal sacked Graham for the bung, after the bung and lots of investigations into managers parts in transfers, clubs became under scrunity, Arsenal obviously more so than any club, this is where David Dein stepped up and that became his role, basically he became our version of Uli Hoeness.Now Rioch joined Arsenal in June 95, Bergkamp joined in the same month. After the signing of Platt. Arsenal while managed by Rioch NEVER signed one more player. It was commonly known that Dein was ignoring his targets, as frankly Dein didn't rate him and wanted Wenger. When Vieira signed for us, he f*cked up by telling people he'd been waiting five days to come over for the transfer to be finished, and that he only signed for Wenger. Vieira was signed on the same day Rioch was sacked...
What's your point?
  • Downvote 1