WHOAG

n/a

According to The Sunday Times Rich List 2011, which includes persons born or based in the U.K., Indian-born steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal has kept his position as the U.K.’s richest man, although his wealth has decreased by 20 percent as compared with last year to 17 billion British pounds ($27.9 billion).Russian mining magnate Usmanov, a major shareholder in London’s Arsenal Football Club, has climbed to the 2nd place in the Rich List, after more than doubling his wealth to 12.4 billion British pounds (over $20 billion).His fellow countrymen, Chelsea Football Club owner Abramovich has dropped from the 2nd place last year to the third spot in the Rich List 2011, with his wealth estimated at 10 billion British pounds ($16.4 billion).The richest British-born billionaire is the Duke of Westminster. He has fallen outside the top three for the first time since 1999 and is number 4 in the Rich List with his fortune estimated at 7 billion British pounds ($11.5 billion).

You know what if you want to read about the old Arsenal I'd suggest this "Rebels For The Cause: The Alternative History Of Arsenal Football Club" had it on the shelf for a few years but over my recent journeys I've decided to pick this up and give it a read. Some of the stories so far have made me laugh and smile.To give you an idea into the insights of Arsenal, inside the club stories, then Arsenal: The Making Of A Modern Super Club is for you

Look at these pub guys, hooligans, what ever you want to call them.but lets get one thing straight; they may have watched a thousand + matches but it doesn't give them the right to start taking the managers role and telling him what to do.Most of the guys on there are 40+, they are annoyed that they thought football wouldn't change and could live long into their late 70's but sorry the world has changed.Blame SKY, you're blaming the wrong people./I'm so furious looking at some of these guys thinking they actually know whats right for the club, I bet they are all on under £20k yearly salaries, I'm sorry mate but Arsenal didn't make football into the global theatre it is now, you just going to have to pay the price that every club will eventually see.If Wenger don't want to spend the money then what can be done!?

tbh i thought most people are still pretty respectful to Wengerand recognise his legacy more than next manits more the board and such likehence mans singings Hill wood outand Choke on ur Caviarwhen u paying one of the most expensive ticket prices in the country, really you wanna feel like u should be entitled to vent ur frustrations when u dont see the money being invested in places we all want them to bealso i get the impression when im down there, people feel so disconnected from the club, they literally feel they trying hard to drive out the working class football fansas for the staff, atmosphere on of them goons makes a good pointthe staff at emirates are on some next Fascist/nazi regimethings are gonna get a whole lot worse between club and fan relationship, if things carry on this waybut outside of that, there is something very BNP promotional video Esq about that video

The law of physics dictates that if you can get into the latter stages of a compeition you'll have a far better chance of winning it than a team that's gone out in the earlier rounds, right?As long as the percentages and physics are on our side then Wengers doing something right.We're fighting in the hardest league in the world, dominated by institutes worth billions, a league that's draining both physically and mentally least we not forget we don't have a winter break, you only have to look at how poor Barcelona were against Real Madrid over the 4 games when Mourinho dragged them into a Premier League type battle, press press press, hard challenge, tight marking, agression, pace, 90 minutes of energy worth a 180 minutes in any other league.

I'm told Stan Kroenke has written to Usmanov to say he sees no reason for the two men to meet. Close season at the Emirates will be tense. Russia-based tycoon Alisher Usmanov has increased offer for outstanding Arsenal shares to £14,000-a-share. Big premium to Kroenke takeover. To be clear, no chance of Usmanov gaining control of Arsenal - even if offer successful he would still be minority shareholder.

• 3 weeks later...

Alisher Usmanov in News of the World

'I don't want to be on the board of a trophyless club'"If the role of a board member is to oversee a trophyless period, while making significant personal profits and asking fans to pay the cost with inflation-busting ticket price increases then, no, I would not want to be on the board.""In terms of doing things differently, let me give you a very clear example. Arsenal has all of its major commercial contracts coming up for renewal in the next couple of years. It is no secret that to maximise the value of those you want to have success on the field and to be winning trophies. To do that you need to invest now in building a winning team"."Clearly an increase in ticket prices of this magnitude is not fair, when combined with the lack of success under current board. While I agree with self-sustaining model, I do not believe it can properly work with the debt the club is carrying, as the interest bill strips funds every year.""That is why I wrote to board and suggested that the rich shareholders should support a rights issue with sole purpose of reducing the debt. The board rejected this idea and it is clear their priority was to take money out through selling their shares, and not to put any in""Clearly the first priority for Arsenal must be to hold on to its star players such as Nasri and Fabregas. Cesc is not only one of the best footballers in the world, he is also the captain and leader of the club. What is not clear is whether the board shares this view. For too long they have seemed happy to sanction second, third and fourth as being acceptable, whilst at the same time they were planning to sell their shares.""I've always been clear about my admiration for Arsene, he has managed to create a team that plays the most exciting football despite limited resources. If I had concerns, it is that, he has not been supported enough and too much has been expected of him on his own. Once Arsenal had Dein out there every day living & breathing Arsenal Football Club and working closely with Wenger to secure the best players. They haven't had that for the last four years."
  • Upvote 5

looks like an edl march

Didn't see that one coming... strong words from Usmanov.Don't know what everyones views are concerning Kroenke/Usmanov... but I don't think many can argue with what was said in the NOTW interview.How long till we get a reply from the Board then? Will there even be one?