Harry Out

Rsonist

Dale Johnson @dalejohnsonESPN Harry Redknapp on players and Champions League: "To be honest with you I think it's over-rated. Premier League football is enough"

No one posted his latest comments?

'If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, its not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left'

'its nothing to do with security, its about players knowing you've only got a year left on your contract, and knowing that, it doesn't work basically, you know, 'he might not be here next season'...' (shrugs shoulders)

HOWEVER

WHEN HE WAS FAV TO GET ENGLAND JOB THIS IS WHAT MAN WAS SAYING

"Absolute nonsense. That is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard in my life," he said. "They don't care whether I'm the manager next year. They wouldn't lose any sleep over that. That's football.

"Footballers play the game, they come in every day and train. Someone else walks in here tomorrow – the king is dead long live the king! They don't worry. They don't think 'Harry is going to England' or 'he is going to go somewhere else'."

HOW CAN HE KEEP DOING THIS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?!

He's trying to get a new contract out of Levy whilst he is grieving over the loss of his mother.

Scum

JJetSet said the other night after the levy meeting watch out for spurs articles the next day because they will be straight from harrys mouth...

low and behold the sun had that article that bale would be leaving if harry leaves :rofl:

this fucking guy

made a return now west ham are back :lol:

wonder if logan will follow suit.

EXCLUSIVE: Spurs only give Harry Redknapp one-year contract

Tottenham are reluctant to offer manager Harry Redknapp a long-term contract and are preparing for the possibility he could walk away from the club this summer.

Chairman Daniel Levy has adopted a tough stance ever since negotiations over a new deal began in March, as Standard Sport exclusively revealed.

Back then, Spurs were performing well in the Premier League while Redknapp was the front-runner for the vacant England job, giving the 65-year-old a powerful bargaining position.

Broad terms over a four-year deal and a pay rise on his current £3million-a-year salary before bonuses were discussed as both sides awaited concrete interest from the Football Association in their search for Fabio Capello’s ­successor.

However, Roy Hodgson was duly appointed England boss and although Tottenham finished fourth, they were denied a return to the Champions League by Chelsea’s dramatic success against Bayern Munich in the Final.

Spurs have consequently cooled their interest in discussing the same terms as Redknapp’s stock has diminished with dialogue understood to be at a minimum over the last two weeks.

One recent meeting held between Levy and Redknapp’s associates is thought to have lasted just five minutes. Wayne Rooney’s agent Paul Stretford has now been instructed to act on behalf of Redknapp but Spurs are so far unmoved.

It is understood that the club are now only prepared to offer Redknapp the option of a rolling one-year deal beyond next summer.

In terms of attracting new players, this solution would only work this summer, because potential signings would know that Redknapp had effectively agreed to stay two years, the last of his current deal and the first of the new. After that, they could not be sure how long he would be there.

But Redknapp believes he should be rewarded for what he has achieved at White Hart Lane and deserves greater stability in any new deal. Furthermore, the current state of uncertainty is hardly ideal as the club try to persuade top assets like Gareth Bale and Luka Modric that their future is at Spurs.

Stretford has been instructed to secure a longer-term deal, while the League Managers’ Association are also involved in discussions. But it is possible that Redknapp could walk away from Tottenham.

Under Stretford’s guidance, Wayne Rooney submitted a transfer request at Manchester United before agreeing a bumper new contract to stay at Old Trafford and Redknapp could leverage interest from Saudi Arabia and Qatar to force Spurs’ hand. His preference is to stay at Spurs although he hinted at his frustration at the lack of progress.

JJ saying things are bad between Levy & 'Arry but Levys hands are tied by Joe Lewis, even though lewis and arry dont get on.

must be all to do with money.

Roman wont take Harry. They met last year and i know what the clincher for the deal is and it wont happen.(cue Bomber comment here)

Harry or his agents are saying Chelsea to get some competitive tension going but in reality it wont happen.

Harry on the brink of being sacked

Meeting with Levy today.

Harrys words about our board "they are a horrible bunch"

Quite a few people saying hes gone...

No one has a clue what's going on

It's up in smoke atm

Personally I think he'll be gone in under 2 weeks at some point

We are stuck with Harry for another 2 years imo

Waiting for JJ's summary of the day tbh. Be interesting what ryan finds out tomorrow from his boss (harrys best mate)

For some reason JJ dropped Joe Lewis' name this morning hinting that something is going on with him... He never elaborated tho...

Guys fuming :rofl:... he would never resign anyway, gonna be a mutual consent or sacking. no way he would walk away without cashing in.

Harry Redknapp dismisses Spurs resignation rumours

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has denied rumours he has resigned.

Redknapp, 65, has a year left on his contract and warned last week that ongoing uncertainty about his future would affect Spurs players.

But when when asked about internet speculation he had quit,

he told ESPN: "No, I haven't resigned, and I have no idea why it's being suggested I have.

"This is an outrage - an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet."

He added: "It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

Redknapp guided Spurs to the Champions League for the first time in 2010.

Tottenham finished fourth last season but were denied a place in the Champions League when Chelsea won the competition.

Negotiations over an extended contract for Redknapp have stalled since the start of the year when he was linked with the then vacant England manager's job.

He denied suggestions linking him with a club in Qatar but said a lack of a new deal could unsettle his squad.

Redknapp said: "The simple situation is, I've got a year left on my contract. It's up to Tottenham whether they want to extend that contract or not.

"If they don't extend it and I go into my last year, it's not an easy one when players know you've only got a year left.

"It's not a case of me looking for security. What it's about is players knowing you've only got one year left on your contract and knowing that it doesn't work, basically.

"I think it's a situation of, 'well, he might not be here next year'. You don't let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good, and you don't let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good.

"It's up to Tottenham. If they think I'm OK and I've done a decent job and deserve an extension, they'll give it to me."

Aupn1EZCEAAtdLv.jpg
  • Upvote 1