★★★ Floyd Mayweather -vs- Victor Ortiz ★★★

Guest Klitschko

lol dont take me for a cuntiirc, he was really aggressive in the Corley fight. A lot more than weve seen since.
I'm not even taking you for a c*nt, I'm just pointing out that people who think this fight is cut and dry for Mayweather don't know anything about the sport. This is a very good and competitive comeback fight, and not a foregone conclusion, like the Marquez fight was, or even worse a few years back Henri Bruseles. Which guys like John Doe have never seen, or probably watched on youtube in 2010.
  • Downvote 1

Nah I agree you have to give Mayweather credit, it's one of the more competitive fights out there for him to take. But Mario surely you still believe that a wide UD is almost a formality?Thing is Floyd can't really win, cos whoever he fights it's a mismatch because his skill level is so far above most of what's out there for him to fight. So he fights Ortiz who is a rated contender and people say that because it's a foregone conclusion that Mayweather has no balls. Whereas if someone like Khan fought Ortiz people would say rah Khan has guts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nah I agree you have to give Mayweather credit, it's one of the more competitive fights out there for him to take. But Mario surely you still believe that a wide UD is almost a formality?
Nothing is a formality in boxing. Floyd is a great fighter but he's not infallible. Watch him vs Jose Luis Castillo 1. That said, yes, I do expect Floyd to win a decision, or late TKO.
Thing is Floyd can't really win, cos whoever he fights it's a mismatch because his skill level is so far above most of what's out there for him to fight. So he fights Ortiz who is a rated contender and people say that because it's a foregone conclusion that Mayweather has no balls. Whereas if someone like Khan fought Ortiz people would say rah Khan has guts.
Floyd can win, by dominating Ortiz, who is the WBC champ (not a rated contender as you said) and giving a good performance.If Khan fought Ortiz, people would rate him because Ortiz is a) bigger than Khan and :D Khan has limitations that Mayweather doesn't i.e. chin and defence.

Mayweather is so good that having a few rounds of difficulty equates to struggling whereas for other fighters it would simply be a case of them losing a few rounds.Personally I don't think he struggled against Judah, Chop Chop or Mitchell he just wasn't as emphatic as he normally is and took a few rounds to make the adjustments he always makes.Floyd by a wide UD for me.

Mayweather is so good that having a few rounds of difficulty equates to struggling whereas for other fighters it would simply be a case of them losing a few rounds.Personally I don't think he struggled against Judah, Chop Chop or Mitchell he just wasn't as emphatic as he normally is and took a few rounds to make the adjustments he always makes.Floyd by a wide UD for me.
You're just splitting hairs.Pipe down
  • Downvote 1

You're just splitting hairs.Pipe down
*pipes up*I'm just saying I thought he was dominant in some of those fights, I don't see how they back up your view that he had trouble with southpaws.If anything I think Mayweather has been more aggressive against southpaws.

Guest Klitschko

Juda doesn't really count, either.But every boxer has some degree of difficulty facing southpaws, even other southpaws, Floyd isn't any worse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...