Hillsborough Files

TF S4DK

Basically their was roadworks meaning fans arrived late, regardless the police officer in charge took off the previous officers barricades on the road leading up to the turnstiles. Match should have been delayed to get a grip, but the officer in charge said no and told them to open the gate with no/poor management as to what pens the crowds then went into upon entering the stadium led to the crushing.

Basically match about to start so everyone rushed into the first pen they saw, which already was at capacity.

• Upvote 1

Families pleased information is in the public domain

Sheila Coleman of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign says she is "very pleased that what we have known for a long time is now in the public domain".

She also claims that the Thatcher government was "let off the hook" and claims the government supported South Yorkshire police in "payback" for police support during the miners' strike.

Andy Burnham at Liverpool vigil

Andy Burnham MP, the Labour MP for Leigh who as culture secretary set up the panel, has just finished speaking at the vigil in Liverpool city centre.

He thanked all members of the panel for the "courage and determination" they showed in their task. Burnham also thanked the prime minister and the home secretary for "finishing off" what he and Maria Eagles started.

He got a huge cheer as he thanks Kenny Dalglish "from the bottom of my heart" for being at every funeral, every inquest.

Burnham said:

I will never be able to accept or allow a verdict of accidental death to remain on the public record. We need a new inquest, a new verdict and only then can we say we have put right one of the greatest injustices in our country's history in the 20th century.

He ends by telling people to be proud of what they have achieved and "tomorrow let's get justice for the 96"

Can some give a quick run of the whole hillsborough thing?

I always thought it liverpool fans with no ticket trying to get into a game, correct me if im wrong

Believe me it was .

Wouldn't suprise me if they just want to put the whole thing to bed to finally shut the liverpool fans up .

From day dot the events were altered and they are probably being altered noww

• Downvote 1

The lie about the fans kicking down the gates started when the head of the FA asked what was going on.

The prick in charge probably instinctively told a lie to cover his own ass and then it rumbled on and grew bigger.

The extent as to which stories were edited is still a bit shocking despite everyone already knowing how corrupt the police are/were.

The fact that it's taken 23 years for the authorities to make the information public just highlights the contempt they all hold us in.

Don't even think this will serve as any consolation to the families. Everyone knew the truth already.

I wouldn't ever promote or condone violence on someone who us probably a pensioner (if not dead) but if that Dunkinfield (i think his name is) guy was to receive some sort of rettribution for what he's done don't don't think there'd be many tears shed.

Why didn't any of the Police on duty who had their statements changed come forward?

Swear Thatcher's been coffin dodging for too long now,