Nas - Life is Good

Thun

no i don't think its impossible to listen to that many artists mate of course not, you lot just go on about the same thing without acknowledging the newer artists so much on here, so when i see man not even post about "1999" but say hes listened already to a Lloyd Banks mixtape thats been out a few hours lol, boy, i make an assumption

so how can this be the 'era of nothingness' and who are you listening too or who are we listening too, that makes you think we 'settle for less' or were conforming to listen to the 'in thing'

because my point was if you do listen to Gibbs (and have a star for making the topic, but check who has the most posts init), Kendrick, Ab Soul etc etc plus the handful of others

you would know fully well that hip hop is in a good state and LIG wasn't even better than Control System

but wait, let me check the Ab topic

no i don't think its impossible to listen to that many artists mate of course not, you lot just go on about the same thing without acknowledging the newer artists so much on here, so when i see man not even post about "1999" but say hes listened already to a Lloyd Banks mixtape thats been out a few hours lol, boy, i make an assumption

so how can this be the 'era of nothingness' and who are you listening too or who are we listening too, that makes you think we 'settle for less' or were conforming to listen to the 'in thing'

because my point was if you do listen to Gibbs (and have a star for making the topic, but check who has the most posts init), Kendrick, Ab Soul etc etc plus the handful of others

you would know fully well that hip hop is in a good state and LIG wasn't even better than Control System

I dont acknowledge the new artists as much because I dont think they are not amazing to keeping banging on about apart from one or two

Just because I like a couple tapes/songs/videos etc doesnt mean I have to post in every topic like you do with your yeah ''I was listening to him when he was 13 posting tunes on his myspace you lot are late etc'', il just come in take the links, pos the poster and go listen to them

A borderline ''Good'' state is nothing to boast about in my opinion, but each to there own

I dont acknowledge the new artists as much because I dont think they are not amazing to keeping banging on about apart from one or two

Just because I like a couple tapes/songs/videos etc doesnt mean I have to post in every topic like you do with your yeah ''I was listening to him when he was 13 posting tunes on his myspace you lot are late etc'', il just come in take the links, pos the poster and go listen to them

A borderline ''Good'' state is nothing to boast about in my opinion, but each to there own

apart from one or two? who? whos swag on here, check the 1st 2 pages of this room and tell me who you think is amazing and simply good

lol i far from post in every topic u clown, i think that award goes to you you paki, and i try to give a detailed post when introducing new artists so people will actually give them a chance

check your jon connor topic for example, hes actually very good but no one would know cause u just dumped 20 videos into one topic without saying much

this isnt rap radar its a forum

apart from one or two? who? whos swag on here, check the 1st 2 pages of this room and tell me who you think is amazing and simply good

lol i far from post in every topic u clown, i think that award goes to you you paki, and i try to give a detailed post when introducing new artists so people will actually give them a chance

check your jon connor topic for example, hes actually very good but no one would know cause u just dumped 20 videos into one topic without saying much

this isnt rap radar its a forum

I shouldnt need to say anything

The information is in the music

If you need to read about a guy to know about him properly then his music is not doing a good enough job imo

People only give artists a chance depending on who made the topic or if its got a buzz around them from somewhere else 9/10 times

If people want to be ignorant and not give them a chance thats their problem, all I can do is leave the music here and give people the opportunity to at least get the chance to decide whether they wanna listen to it or not

Fekky/gunplay/2chains off my head are swag IMO

lol but surely you see the difference of telling people WHY you like someone, WHERE you found their music, WHY someone else might like them and WHAT songs you actually rate and maybe WHY

personally i'd prefer that, then having to shift through 20 music videos or songs when someone could of been a bit more helpful, especially as its a hip hop room on a forum but maybe thats just me

yeah fekky/2chainz i get, gunplay I regrettably get

but exactly, thats not joey badass or ab soul, what do you think about them? why do you think LIG is better than Control System?

lol but surely you see the difference of telling people WHY you like someone, WHERE you found their music, WHY someone else might like them and WHAT songs you actually rate and maybe WHY

personally i'd prefer that, then having to shift through 20 music videos or songs when someone could of been a bit more helpful, especially as its a hip hop room on a forum but maybe thats just me

yeah fekky/2chainz i get, gunplay I regrettably get

but exactly, thats not joey badass or ab soul, what do you think about them? why do you think LIG is better than Control System?

Life Is Good lyrically>>>

and the production is better to me, i don't like the whole spacey beats these new guys like ASAP Rocky are using.

backing £ Guy on the topic making critique

most people don't know how to make topics on here anymore hence this room is so dead

you only need one track to sell an artist

let the people do the rest and they'll feel like they found em

make a Gunplay thread and people will tell you "there is already a Rick Ross thread for this"

DEAD!

• Upvote 1

Are people really comparing ab soul to nas ?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

What's so funny?

they all gotta start somewhere

When Nas was fresh out people probably laughed at people comparing him to Rakim or KRS One

lol Ab Soul isn't Chief Keef or Lil' Reese so it shouldn't be a 'hahahahahahhahahaa' response

open your ears

you probably think Ab Soul, Kendrick or Joey Badass can never be compared to Nas init, well like I said of course they don't have the catalogue of work to back up my claim, but lyrically i'd have a hard time picking, and i'd rather burn 'Section 80', the upcoming 'Good Kid in a Mad City', 'Control System' or '1999' than LIG anyday of the week (its 2012)

my opinion

• Upvote 1

Are people really comparing ab soul to nas ?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

What's so funny?

they all gotta start somewhere

When Nas was fresh out people probably laughed at people comparing him to Rakim or KRS One

lol Ab Soul isn't Chief Keef or Lil' Reese so it shouldn't be a 'hahahahahahhahahaa' response

open your ears

you probably think Ab Soul, Kendrick or Joey Badass can never be compared to Nas init, well like I said of course they don't have the catalogue of work to back up my claim, but lyrically i'd have a hard time picking, and i'd rather burn 'Section 80', the upcoming 'Good Kid in a Mad City', 'Control System' or '1999' than LIG anyday of the week (its 2012)

my opinion

Nas came out in 92 with the best hip hop album ever,better than anything rakim has ever produced , and he is still making great music .

Ab soul is nowhere near his level .

Thats truely disrespectful to nas

As a teenager, Nas enlisted his best friend and upstairs neighbor Willy "Ill Will" Graham as his DJ. Nas first went by the nickname Kid Wave before adopting his more commonly known alias of Nasty Nas. In the late 1980s, he met up with the producer "Large Professor" and went to the studio where Rakim and Kool G Rap were recording their albums. When they were not in the studio, Nas would go into the booth and record his own material. However, none of it was released.[13][14] In 1991, Nas performed on Main Source's "Live at the Barbeque". In mid-1992, Nas was approached by MC Serch of 3rd Bass, who became his manager and secured Nas a record deal with Columbia Records the same year. Nas made his solo debut under the name of "Nasty Nas" on the single "Halftime" from Serch's soundtrack for the film Zebrahead.[10] Called the new Rakim,[6] his rhyming skills attracted a significant amount of attention within the hip-hop community.

You think at this stage in his career, Rakim or Kool G Rap would allow anyone to say Nas was better than them, but i bet ill Will (or a Nas believer) would of said he spits fire just like them if not better

You would of been 'hahahahahahahahaha'in aswell

lets hope this place is still here in 10 years

You realise Ab Soul is a new artist who is basically just beginning right, he has the all time in the world to make an 'illmatic'

loooooooooooool how can Nas be better than Ab Soul by a country mile, have you listenend? is LIG better than CS by a country mile? HELL NO

people compare Kendrick Lamar and Ab Soul to Nas and Jay, Big and Pac, why are people acting like in 10 years time Ab Soul, Joey Badass or Kendrick couldnt of eclipsed Nas

wtf

You realise Ab Soul is a new artist who is basically just beginning right, he has the all time in the world to make an 'illmatic'

illmatic was nas's debut album tho

and this was before the mixtape ting was popping

/

however i cant lie i havent given this ab soul guy a listen - will do now

loooooooooooool how can Nas be better than Ab Soul by a country mile, have you listenend? is LIG better than CS by a country mile? HELL NO

people compare Kendrick Lamar and Ab Soul to Nas and Jay, Big and Pac, why are people acting like in 10 years time Ab Soul, Joey Badass or Kendrick couldnt of eclipsed Nas

wtf

they were the originators these new kids are good yeh but u can hear nas, big, pac, big l etc's influence in them all