Scholes To Replace Jack Wilshere At The Euro's?

Mame Biram Diouf

Its a huge understatement to say that i'd be more than happy to see both Carrick and Scholes stay at home or go on a nice holiday during the summer.

Scholes yeah but Carrick is 30 ffs

And?

Not given a f*ck about the England team or their moronic band of supporters since Euro 96 when I was too young to

Know any better,

Not like England are gonna win the thing anyway, all these tournaments are is another possible way for our clubs top players to get injured, or come back and claim to be exhausted by November,

The fact that the England situation is even more shsmbolic than usual only enhances my views,

The fact that Carrick in particular has been parred by The national team does the same.

which is why Midfield unlike the goalkeeper position is "held down" by more than one person, its a group effort,

This is you ducking the truth.

If Man uniteds midfield 2 is Carrick and Anderson, the midfield is wash.

If its Carrick and Fletcher, its wash.

If its Carrick and any other midfielder Man U have besides Scholes and possibly Giggs, the midfield 2 is wash.

BUT

Scholes paired with any of Man U's midfielders makes that midfield damn near world class.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT CARRICK IS WORLD CLASS

There is no spot for Carrick in the England squad unless Scholes is there, and only because of the argument that Carrick plays with Scholes week in week out. Other than that argument though you could take any of the standard English midfielders ahead of Carrick and you wouldnt miss a beat.

All this Carrick for England foolishness cos he decided to actually take a long range shot (That he didnt even score) last week. GTFO

which is why Midfield unlike the goalkeeper position is "held down" by more than one person, its a group effort,

If Man uniteds midfield 2 is Carrick and Anderson, the midfield is wash.

If its Carrick and Fletcher, its wash.

If its Carrick and any other midfielder Man U have besides Scholes and possibly Giggs, the midfield 2 is wash.

:/

Have you watched any of them playing together?

So when Carrick has played for England what has he done?

Whats next? Are we gonna be comparing him to Xavi*?

*That was a reference to the unsung hero thing that used to hang around Xavi because he is a deep lying passer who's talents went unrecognised by the masses and not me comparing Carrick to Xavi

Loads of players have done "nothing" when playing for England,

including players who have been given a lot more opportunities than Carrick has.

when it comes to this disfunctional England team, it isn't fair to judge players ability,

i'd rather judge Carrick's ability by his performances week in week out in a red shirt, and looking bak to some of his top performances in Europe over the years. notably a game running performance away to Roma a couple seasons ago when the next day they were raving about him in the Italian press.

if you rate players based on there performances for England, Then a couple players are any good at all.

Loads of players have done "nothing" when playing for England,

including players who have been given a lot more opportunities than Carrick has.

when it comes to this disfunctional England team, it isn't fair to judge players ability,

i'd rather judge Carrick's ability by his performances week in week out in a red shirt, and looking bak to some of his top performances in Europe over the years. notably a game running performance away to Roma a couple seasons ago when the next day they were raving about him in the Italian press.

if you rate players based on there performances for England, Then a couple players are any good at all.

I agree with you on that but he has played more than 20 times for England and offered nothing. I suspect he would offer more if Scholes were about but be realistic, Man U don't win the league because Carrick is in the team, it was only a few years ago Fletcher was doing his thing next to Scholes and Carrick was barely getting a look in.

My point is Carrick has been tried and tested. He is a number 2, and you dont play Carrick next to Barry/Milner/Parker cos they are all number 2s. Carrick didnt work out for England but Parker clearly has so where do you play Carrick if Scholes isnt in the team?

Joke is I'm not actually saying that Parker isn't limited, but let this marinate in your head for a hot second...

....Carrick protecting your back 4...

Doesn't really compute does it?

Which kinda loosely goes back to that Xavi non-comparison, you wouldn't use Xavi/Pirlo ect to protect your back line. And England's back line does need protecting

Anyone who says Carrick does 'too man sideways passes' should be instantly banned.

Weve picked up 34 points of the possible last 39 and Carrick is playing pretty much every week.

From time guys are tryna Xavi and Pirlo non comparisons says it all really about the lack of understanding of his role, and his qualities. The only player he should really be getting compared to is Busquets and even then their roles are still different.