IS RACE & GAY DISCRIMINATION THE SAME?

Goddaz

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

No problem with debate but it's an old topic that has been debated before, like others have said we all know the arguments...which is y i said is there really need for this

Don't know y goddaz didn't make the thread about that jayz video as that was obviously what prompted him too make this one.

Whenever any idiot raises this argument. I always point out. You can tell someone is black or Asian as soon as you see them and can make your judgements/preconceptions Before they utter a word. You cant tell that someone is gay jut by looking at them.

in most cases i think u obviously can

but what is the relevance of this point anyway?

in most cases like how many have you judged or sat on as jury?......... anyway i dont think it matters whether you view homo as being born with or a choice, its all down to the prejudice action. the treatment given to gays by some people is exactly similar to treatment given by a racist. yet there are racist gays, and there are homophobic black people so in a way it all balances out....the only reason its constantly being thrown in everyone's face is once again as a distraction for simple people to fight over all the little things and make one minority feel threatened by another.

yr wrong

its not about whether gay is a choice

gay is a defect, an abnormality like being born without arms

race is not a defect

gays should relate more closely to disabled people , not ethnic minority males

I was gonna say true but it's only an abnormality when you consider what the majority of individual people are, when you look at the population as a whole it is normal that a small percentage of them will be gay.

But you could say the same for downs syndrome so I'm gonna stop right there, the point I'm making is they can estimate the amount of people in a population which will be born with a specific defect so is it really an abnormality or just normality within a given population?

But IMHO one has the same choice of being born gay as one has of being born black so for that reason they fall into the same bracket.

So when you turn up to school after being born gay or black. Which one is more likely to be affected by say a teacher not pushing them as hard?

Depends where in the world you go to school.

If it's Jamaica or certain parts of Africa then clearly being born black is not a disadvantage, but being gay most certainly will hinder you.

you are not born gay so that argument dont get off the ground bro

Surely nobody could choose to be homosexual, that isn't a sane choice.

The pressure and anxiety and backlash you could face from your own family/friends is not a fair trade off for taking some willy in your bum.

And this is for gays in England, now imagine what gays in Jamaica have to go through lol.

Unless there is something we are all missing or gays are just plain crazy it doesn't make sense.

think the theory people have is that something in a gay adult's childhood triggered their homosexual tendencies

where as others including it seems homosexuals themselves believe they were born the way they are

If something triggered the homosexual tendency then surely atleast some gays would remember a time when they weren't gay.

Up to this day I have never heard such testimony.

1 of the best responses I heard was when a gay guy was asked

"When did you realise you were gay?"

He replied with

"When did you realise you were straight?"

To me it's biology, a chemical imbalance you could call it.

We know the effects Testosterone can have a on a female, inducing growth of facial hair and loss of breasts the same way we know what Oestrogen can do to a male.

If such dramatic change can occur to the body from artificial intervention then surely we can be born with an imbalance the same way Down's Syndrome kids are born with an extra chromosome.

• Upvote 1

yr wrong

its not about whether gay is a choice

gay is a defect, an abnormality like being born without arms

race is not a defect

gays should relate more closely to disabled people , not ethnic minority males

I was gonna say true but it's only an abnormality when you consider what the majority of individual people are, when you look at the population as a whole it is normal that a small percentage of them will be gay.

But you could say the same for downs syndrome so I'm gonna stop right there, the point I'm making is they can estimate the amount of people in a population which will be born with a specific defect so is it really an abnormality or just normality within a given population?

But IMHO one has the same choice of being born gay as one has of being born black so for that reason they fall into the same bracket.

no on a basic species level , homosexuals are 100% defective, with a 100% homosexual population there can be no reproduction and the species will die. the success of a species is reliant on this cycle : get born,reproduce,die. homosexuals can only go from a to b

nature or nurture doesnt come into it.for a split millisecond. i dont care why or how you are gay. you are gay is the fact that we are focusing on (not you personally)

if you show me a white parrot or a black parrot, neither is defective, however if you show me a parrot that does not back the opposite sex i will let you know that it is a defective parrot

• Upvote 1

I reckon everyone in this thread who professes that no one is born gay and all that garbage has probably never even spoken to a gay person

/

Gays still get murdered for their sexual orientation, I'd say they're pretty much on par. If you don't think you can tell a gay just by looking then you've never been to Soho

When you say 'that breah looks f*ck*ng gay' what are you then referring to if gays can't be recognised on appearance? These threads are a constant hotbed of stupidity

• Downvote 3

Whether being gay or not is a choice, being black isnt. If person a wanted to discriminate against a black person and a gay person, they would have to identify both 1st.

The moment you are born it is evident what ''race''/colour you are, so person A can discriminate against that person from that moment, even before (if you know that both persons parents are of the same race). When would the gay person be subjected to predjuice and discrimation based on their sexual orientation by person A?

But why do black people get so irate at the notion that their discrimination is even closely related? Cuz on a large scale the attitude towards gays in 'the black community' is intensely negative and unreasonable

It's not about the discrimination being relative, it's about being compared to guys who f*ck each other which disgusts you, whereas really it shouldn't even matter

• Downvote 1

nah, couldn't care less what another guy's into

but when I hear people compare the two, I know the person talking just doesn't get it

there's no closet for me to hide in, I don't get to 'come out'

• Upvote 3

but when I hear people compare the two, I know the person talking just doesn't get it

Doesn't get what?

I don't think you get it in all honestly.

Nobody is trying to compare the black mans experience to the gay persons, the point is discrimination and prejudice comes from an unreasonable place.

Black people SHOULD be able to understand this better than most but I am not surprised the majority don't.

Doesn't get what?

I don't think you get it in all honestly.

Nobody is trying to compare the black mans experience to the gay persons, the point is discrimination and prejudice comes from an unreasonable place.

Black people SHOULD be able to understand this better than most but I am not surprised the majority don't.

if that's the case then I have nothing to say on the matter

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Strongest post in this whole thread tbh

His last bar has impact but far from strongest post.

What people are not taking into account is how hard it must be to actually be gay, it must be a tortuous existence knowing you have feelings which are not generally accepted in society.

To go through feeling like this as a child at home, through school with peer pressure etc...

If you black you already out, for the most part if you come from a functional home you know your parents love you end of.

If you are gay you fear being yourself to your OWN parents, through fear THEY will abandon you, tell me that ain't hard.

• Upvote 1