Sign in to follow this  
anelka

Is it getting harder to score in the Premier League??

Didier Drogba 20Benedict McCarthy 18Cristiano Ronaldo 17----------------------------------------Wayne Rooney 14Mark Viduka 14Darren Bent 13 Kevin Doyle 13Dirk Kuyt 12Ayegbeni Yakubu 12Dimitar Berbatov 12Nicolas Anelka 11Bobby Zamora 11Obafemi Martins 11Robin Van Persie 11 (inj)Frank Lampard 11Andrew Johnson 11Robbie Keane 11Gilberto Silva Arsenal 10Emile Heskey 10Nwankwo Kanu 10Thierry Henry 10 (inj)Jermain Defoe 10Gabriel Agbonlahor 9 Mikel Arteta 9Peter Crouch 9Brian McBride 9

Why is (inj) signs next to the rapist and Henry?They couldnt have scored them goals if they had been injured....

every ones trying the shere the goals no more depending on 1 fwd

Why is (inj) signs next to the rapist and Henry?They couldnt have scored them goals if they had been injured....
beat me 2 it

beat me 2 it
I'm guessing it means currently injured

every ones trying the shere the goals  no more depending on 1 fwd
Its true, spreading the goals throughout the team means ur less affected by injuries to your frontmen.

Injuries prevented them from making more apperancesDrogba & McCarthy have had outstanding seasons, thats what managers expect from their main strikersRonaldo what can we say that aint been said...Wayne Rooney respectable considering his loss of form and playing in diff positionsMark Viduka only scored 3 up till Jan then went on a good run, 14 is his 2nd best return in 6 seasons in the prem.Doyle did very well in the first part of the season but injuries and loss of form got 2 him in the later stages.Bent scored a good amount for a team who struggled all season and subsequently got relegated.Cases can be made for Anelka (plays up front on his own and dont take pens), Defoe (started 20 scored 10) and Keane (started 19 scored 12)All the other strikers on the list bar Henry & RVP struggled lol

Injuries prevented them from making more apperances
We've had injuries as well, as have other teams.

So does everyone, and everyone knows they've been injured.Anelka you're not an arsenal fan by some amazing coincidence are you?

Every striker on that list bar Robbie Keane (28 apps) has appeared in over 30 gamesHenry 17apps, RVP 22appsJust putting their goal scoring exploits into context

beat me 2 it
I'm guessing it means currently injured

The strikers that usually get above 25 a year were Henry and Ruud with a few behind them on just about 20 or below. Henrys been injured and Ruuds gone so it seems more balanced.Next year Henry will get 20+ goals again and I think RVP will to with the amount of chances we create. Rooney will also be above 20.

The strikers that usually get above 25 a year were Henry and Ruud with a few behind them on just about 20 or below. Henrys been injured and Ruuds gone so it seems more balanced.Next year Henry will get 20+ goals again and I think RVP will to with the amount of chances we create. Rooney will also be above 20.
agree 100%

Also the standard of striker has been steadily declining over the years. This generation are lacking in quality compared to previous generations.

Yeah its harder, the defenders are ruff anf tumble these days.Back in Shearers prime man like Francis Benali and Ken Monkou used to get raped.
True.....but u still got clowns like Titus Bramble around

Yeah its harder, the defenders are ruff anf tumble these days.Back in Shearers prime man like Francis Benali and Ken Monkou used to get raped.
True.....but u still got clowns like Titus Bramble around
Add Rocha, Davenport and Gardener to that list.

LMAO at u putting INJ next to the arsenal players.. ur sad..arsenal fans stop trying to re assure yourselfs that they would of got 20+ goals.. when they... erm.... DIDNT.AJ is injured too u know.